Ruinsara Tal Trek From Dehradun
A beautiful trek through national parks and calm villages which leads you to the Serene lake of Ruinsara Tal atop the mountains of Himalayas in Uttarakhand.
- A nine-day eight-night trek to the Ruinsara Tal.
- Trek through the Govind National Park.
- Actual trek commencing from Sankri on day-2.
- Reach the Ruinsara Tal on day-5.
- Spend a day exploring Ruinsara Tal.
- Get to know the local culture.
- Enjoy the delicious local cuisine.
- Service of an experienced guide.
Why Choose This?
- No Hidden Charges: All inclusive price with no hassle of paying on multiple occasions during the trip.
- Fixed Departures: All available dates on the calendar are bookable.
- Low Batch Requirement: Guaranteed departure for even a 2-member group.
- Small Convenient Batch size: The convenience of a small batch size for best service quality. Maximum of 12 members per group.
- Road Transportation: All road transportation after the reporting point is included in the cost. Trekking group travels together comfortably.
- Tented Accommodation: 2 people per tent throughout the trek. We use tents from international brand Vango Halo 300, weather tested beyond the European standard EN5912.
The Ruinsara Lake (3500 m) at the edge of the Tons River glacier is famous for its wildflowers and grazing meadows used by the local shepherds. The trek follows the Tons River from Netwar village up through the villages of Gangad, Seema and Osla. WIth the rich flora and fauna of the national park and the lush green valleys of the Himalayas greeting you at every turn, a trek to Ruinsara will be an experience of a lifetime. When you reach Ruinsara Tal, you can spend a day exploring the nearby Bandarpoonch glacier and other beauties this place has to offer.
This area has some of the most beautiful forests. It was made popular by Jack Gibson, a teacher at the Doon school in the late 1940s. It is a beautiful trek through the Govind National Park famous for its wildflowers. The surrounding peaks and glaciers in the Bandarpoonch Range are a mountaineer's delight.
Day-1: Dehradun to Sankri (210 km - 8 hrs drive)
We will start early from Dehradun and reach Sankri by evening. We will be travelling on the road going through Mussoorie- Nainbagh- Damta- Naugaon-Purola-Mori-Netwar. The final 22 km of this ride will be through the Govind national park on a rough terrain. We spend the night in guesthouses in Sankri.
Day-2 : Sankri to Taluka/Daatmir (2200 m) - 15 km (5 hrs)
After breakfast, we start trekking from Sankri to Taluka. It is a lovely walk along the left of the river, passing through forests, apple orchards and fields. There are many small tea shops on the way. We reach our halt for the day near the village of Taluka or at the top near the village of Daatmir.
Day-3: Taluka/Daatmir to Seema - 11 km (5 hrs)
Our first destination for this day will be the village of Seema. In this route, the Tons River will always be on our left and you will really enjoy a walk beside it. At some places, we will have to cross over small streams which merge into the tons river. After reaching the village of Seema, we will be spending the night in tents.
Day-4: Seema to Roiltia or waterfall camp- 8 km 5 hrs
We will have to start early for this day's trek. After trekking through a dense forest, we reach a serene camping location locally called Roiltia. Spend the night in camps.
Day-5: Roiltia camp to Ruinsara Lake (5km)
The most awaited day of our trek. After a moderate trek of 5 km, we will reach the Ruinsara Tal by early afternoon.
Day-6: Rest day at Ruinsara Tal
This day in our itinerary is completely dedicated to exploring the surroundings of the Ruinsara lake.
Day-7: Ruinsara Tal - back to Seema
We trek back to Seema. Night in camps.
Day-8: Seema to Sankri
Trek back to Sankri. Night in camps.
Day-9: Sankri to Dehradun - 210 km
We leave Sankri and reach Dehradun by late evening.
- Transportation as per the itinerary in shared vehicle
- Transportation from Dehradun and back
- Experience mountain guide & cook
- Tented accommodation during the trek
- Camping arrangement (tent, sleeping bag, camping mattress, mess tent and First Aid)
- All meals (from dinner on day-1 to breakfast on day-9)
- Porter/Mule for carrying camping equipment & ration
- All permits and forest fees
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Our tented accommodation is provided at twin sharing basis. The tents that we provide are best in class and are professional grade. You can read more about it here: http://www.vango.co.uk/gb/blog/15_vango-halo-300-technical-trekking-tent.html