Kedarkantha Winter Trek
A mesmerizing trek amidst the snow cladded environs of Uttrakhand come have a journey of a lifetime and soak in the freshness.
- A trek for beginner level trekkers.
- Trek to an altitude of 12,000 feet / 3850 metres.
- Service of qualified and experienced trip leader, well-informed guide, and support staff.
- Quality tents and well-maintained campsites.
The Kedarkantha Trek in Uttarakhand has a maximum altitude of 12,000 feet and can be traversed by beginner level trekkers. This six-day trek is best undertaken during the winter months of December through to April when large, pine forests and flat plain lands are covered with a thick blanket of sparkling, white snow.
Small, cosy little campsites are dotted here and there along the Kedarkantha Trekking route. All the campsites sit at the centre of a ring of snow-capped mountains. Snuggling up in a warm tent, or outside under the starry night sky, is essential to completing any Himalayan trekking experience.
With picturesque snow-clad mountains, sparkling, frozen lakes and a myriad of rich, alpine flora, the Kedarkantha Trek promises to impress upon trekkers the best of the Himalayas.
Day 1 - Dehradun – Sankri | Drive 210 km / 8hours
- You will have to report in Dehradun, you will be received by your hosts upon arrival.
- Post-arrival you will be driven on twisting roads, which present the most scenic sights of the Garhwal as you pass through exotic locales of Mussoorie.
- Also, you will pass by Barkot to finally arrive at the last motorable village Sankri, 13 km inside the Govind National Park.
- You’ll camp in this quaint village and stay overnight.
Day 2 - Trek from Sankri to Juda ka Taalab | Trek 4 hours
- On the second day, after a wholesome breakfast and some warm-up exercise to help you acclimatise with the local weather conditions, you’ll begin your trek from the beautiful village of Sankri.
- You will head towards Juda ka Talaab. This remote lake tucked away in the grandeur of the snow-capped mountains is the ideal place to camp for the ever-changing scenes brings alive the natural kaleidoscope with every change in light.
- Retire for the night by a pond ringed by pine and oak trees.
Day 3 - Trek from Juda ka Talaab to Kedarkantha Base | Trek 7 hours
- On the third-day post a breakfast, start on the day’s trek to the base of the Kedarkantha peak.
- This is one of the finest stretches on this trail as the natural beauty is unbelievable and promises to leave behind an unforgettable memory.
- You will be trekking through forest heavily occupied by pine and oak trees that give these mountains its distinct charm.
- Arrive at an open meadow at the summit’s base, where you will set up camp for the night and retire.
Day 4 - Trek to Kedarkantha Summit and descend to Hargaon | Trek 3 hours
- Ensure that you have had a suitably large sized breakfast as today will be a long day.
- You will be ascending to the Kedarkantha peak (3,850m).
- The climb is steep but absolutely worthwhile and one with rewarding views.
- You will be having your lunch against a stunning backdrop of the Gangotri and Yamunotri ranges.
- After a quick break, prepare for a descend to Hargaon, your destination for the night’s halt.
Day 5 - Trek from Hargaon back to Sankri | Trek 8 hours
- On the fifth day, after a filling breakfast with crisp mountain air for the company, pack and prepare for your trek back to Sankri.
- Along the way, you can enjoy the open views of meadows of the beautiful Har ki Dun Valley much known for its rich flora.
- You will be staying overnight at Sankri for the day.
Day 6 - Drive from Sankri to Dehradun | 210km / 8 hours
- Today marks the official ending to your mesmerising Kedarkantha trekking.
- As you travel on the same path from Sankri to Dehradun, the excitement at the start of the journey finds a way to settle down with a set of unforgettable memories as you head back home.
- 5 Nights accommodation in tents/guest house
- Veg meals/ Egg (while on trek)
- Medical and first aid kit
- Necessary permits
- Service of a qualified and experienced trip leader, well-informed guide, and support staff
- Wildlife and Sanctuary fees
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
You can do Kedarkantha Trek all through the year except monsoon months of July and August. If you are looking for snow then you should do it between months of December to March.
In summer months Kedarkantha trek is an easy trek. In winters it could be easy to moderate depend upon level of snow on the trail.
We keep our groups small for better over all experience. Typical group size is between 6 to 10. On long weekends or during holidays the group size could be 15.
Ideally trekking shoes/boots with ankle support are needed for any trek in the Himalayan region. Quechua shoes available at Decathlon are a value for money option.
Yes all published dates are final and departures are guaranteed. Even if that its just you, we will proceed with the trek.
Toilet tents are set-up at the campsites. These are dry-pit temporary toilets and most hygienic as well as convenient way to answer nature’s call in the wild.
First two days would see only slight lower temperature compared to plains. Day 3 on wards day time temperature would be 5°C-15°C and night time temperature could drop to as low as -8°C in winters.
Yes, you will be provided with tents and sleeping bags & mattress. Our sleeping bags are high altitude category and can withstand temperatures as low as -10º C. Couples are given two person tents and groups are give three or four person tents.
Har Ki Dun and Kuari Pass are two other treks that you could explore. Both these treks are fairly easy with beautiful mountain views and snow can be found at least till mid March.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 7850 Per Person