Andharban Trek: A Thrilling Trek to a Dense & Dark Forest
“Andharban”, the word itself means dense dark forest. Andharban is one of the most beautiful trek in Sahyadris. The best time to visit this place is during monsoon or post monsoon. In this trek, you descend for almost 4 hours and you are covered with dense forest and shade. En-route enjoy the waterfalls and awesome view of Kundalika valley. Here, we will be descending from Pune (Ghatmatha) to Konkan. This trek is also famous among nature lovers, shutterbugs for various species of Butterfly and flowers are there.
- Height: 3000 feet
- Start Point Village: Pimpri
- Type: Valley/Dense JungleTrek
- Region: Tamhini Ghat-Kundalika
Day 1 : Meet our trek Leader at Dadar station by 12:30 am (Overnight Journey). Start our journey from Dadar to Pimpri village. Its almost 150 kms journey and we will reach at start point early morning. After having breakfast at local villager’s house, we will start trekking by 7:30 am.
We will start descending from “Ghatmatha” to descend towards Konkan region by trek route. It’s altogether 4-5 hours of descend which is the best part of the trek ! Trekking through dense forest and with number of waterfall on the way to refresh yourself. Bhira Dam is the end point of trek. After reaching Bhira Dam our vehicle is ready for pickup. Have evening refreshments. And proceed back to Mumbai.
Tour Concludes with fun-loving Memories. :D
- Dadar to Dadar transportation by private vehicle
- Breakfast & late evening meal
- Expertise and Guide Charges
- Bottled Water Bottle and aerated drinks
- All applicable taxes
- Any expenses which are personal in nature
Things to Carry : Id Proof Compulsory
1. Lunch / Dinner as per schedule.
2. Water Bottle (2 Liters Compulsory)
3. Electral Powder / Energy bars / Dry Snacks (dry fruits. biscuits, plum cakes etc).
4. Good grip quality trekking shoes – Must (Please check soles of your shoes and get them stitched if necessary).
5. Personal Medication / First Aid kit
6. Toiletries (Napkin, facewash, tissue paper etc.).
7. Cap, goggles, sunscreen, moisturizer, mosquito repellent etc. (as per season)
8. Proper Backpack to carry all these things (No handbags, duffle bag or jholas)
9. Camera (Optional)
10. Rainwear (Jacket / Ponchos ) or Winter wear (Jackets, warmers or sweaters) – (as per season).
11. Carry your own glass, bowl, spoon and plate (if necessary)
12. Extra Pair of Clothes (as per schedule)
13. Sleeping bag / mat / bed sheet (as per schedule)
14. Slippers (optional – at the end of day / trek so that your feet can relax).
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Dadar Station by 12:30 am