Kais Dhar and Bijli Mahadev Trek
We've created a combined beautiful trek to Kais Dhar and famous Bijli Mahadev for trekkers, hikers and adventure & nature lovers.
- A trek amidst the lush green environs to the Bijli Mahadev Temple via the Kais Dhar Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Reach a maximum altitude of 8000 feet.
- Panoramic views of the Parvati and Kullu Valley.
- Company of experienced mountain guides.
Bijli Mahadev Temple, Kullu - The Temple of Lightning. This place got its name after the great miracle that occurs occasionally. The ‘Shiva-Lingam' is struck by lightening and it breaks into pieces, then the priest of the temple collects all the pieces and joins them together with the help of butter acting as an adhesive. During ‘Shivaratri’ every year, a great rush of devotees gather here to pay homage to Lord Shiva. It is nestled at an altitude of about 2,438 meters in the Kullu Valley, Bijli Mahadev is one of the excellent temples in India. Located 14 km from Kullu, it can be approached by a difficult but rewarding trek of 3 km.
A panoramic view of Kullu and Paravati valleys can be seen from the temple. The 60 feet high staff of Bijli Mahadev temple glistens like a silver needle in the sun. In this temple of lightning it is said that the tall staff attracts the divine blessings in the form of lightning. It is believed that the priest of the temple has to restore the Shiva-lingam placed inside the temple using butter and Sattu after every lightning as it shatters to pieces. The trek is beautiful with jungles, orchids and small villages on the way. By the time you reach the top, your lungs will definitely ask you for rest but you will find it irresistible to admire the beauty that you see. You get to see a panoramic view of Parvati and Kullu valley from this peak. When you turn around, there are no higher peaks to block your view in the close proximity.
Day 1: Naggar - Jana - Mati Kochar - Overnight stay| Trek- 15 km/ 5-6 hours
- You will be reporting at Naggar which is perched at about 1500 meters and about 20 kilometres from Kullu town.
- After your arrival, you will undergo a small introductory session with the group and the hosts.
- Post which you will be transferred to Jana (2150 meters) which is about 30 kilometres from Naggar.
- After your arrival in Jana, you will be trekking to Mati Kochar (2340 meters) with packed lunch which will be a trek of 15 kilometres and will take you about 5-6 hours.
- You will be camping overnight in Mati Kochar and dinner arrangements will be made in the camp.
Day 2: Mati Kochar - Solah Tanki | Trek- 12 km/ 5-6 hours
- On the second day, wake up to a mesmerizing sunrise and have your nice warm breakfast in this scenic location.
- Post breakfast you will be trekking to Solah Tanki (2380 meters) and this trek will be 12 kilometres and will take you about 5-6 hours. You will carry packed lunch along with.
- After your arrival in Solah Tanki, you may rest for a while or explore the surrounding environs.
- Overnight camp at Solah Tanki and like the previous night dinner arrangements will be made.
Day 3: Saloh Tanki - Bijli Mahadev (via Kais Dhar Sanctuary) - Chansari - Naggar | Trek- 10-11 km/ 4-5 hours
- On the second-day post breakfast, you will be trekking to Bijli Mahadev from Solah Tanki.
- You will be crossing the Kais Dhar Wildlife Sanctuary en route to Bijli Mahadev peak.
- Post reaching the top you may rest for a while and enjoy the mesmerizing view from the top, you will carrying packed lunch along with.
- After you have enjoyed the panoramic views you will be trekking downhill to Chansari.
- This will mark the end of your tour and you will be transferred back to Naggar.
- Service of a certified guide
- 2 Nights Accommodation in the camps
- All Camping Meals (Veg)
- Forest Permits
- First aid kit
- Internal Transfers cost
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 4830 Per Person