Lepakshi Day Trip from Bangalore
In this day trip from Bangalore, visit Lepakshi - a little-known village home to some amazing architecture from the 15th century. A little over 110 km from Bangalore, Lepakshi is a great day-trip destination Bangaloreans. Lepakshi actually lies in Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh.
- See the huge Nandi Bull - the largest monolithic structure of India.
- Visit the 15th Century Lepakshi temple which houses some amazing mural paintings, hanging pillar & huge Nagalinga
Veerbhadra Temple: Located in the center of the village is the Veerbhadra Temple or commonly known as Lepakshi Temple. Legend has it that it was built by sage Agastya. The most important feature of this temple is the 18 ft. tall Nagalinga, a monolithic carving of multi-headed snake shielding the Shivalinga.
Frescoes of Lepakshi: The Lepakshi temple has one of the finest mural paintings of Vijayanagar Empire. It is also believed to be the largest in India from that era. Mural paintings depict different parts from sacred texts such as one depicting Shiva-Parvathi wedding.
Hanging Pillar of Lepakshi: Call it a legend or engineering marvel of medieval Indian engineering. The column is literally hanging in the air and one can pass a paper underneath it.
Nandi of Lepakshi: The huge monolithic bull carved out of a single stone is the largest monolithic structure of India. The sculpture is about 5 meters high and 8 meters long and very exquisitely carved.
- The driver will pick up the guests from Bangalore (Given Address or Hotel)
- We will proceed towards Lepakshi, which is a 3-hour drive from Bangalore.
- We can take a break for Tea/Coffee
- We will visit the Lepakshi temple, Nagalinga, Nandi & monuments in the complex.
- Finally, we will head back to Bangalore, drop-off at your house or hotel.
- All transportation using private air-conditioned Sedan or SUV with the driver
- Pickup and drop-off in Bangalore Residence or Hotel
- Driver and fuel charges
- Sightseeing as per mentioned itinerary
- Toll & Parking charges (if applicable)
- Usage of the car till 10:00 PM (Night charges applicable after that)
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have two options Sedans & bigger SUVs. In Sedans we provide Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios mostly, sometimes it could be Nissan Sunny. In SUVs we provide Toyotta Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga. You can request a particular model while booking in 'Special Request' and we try to provide it however you can not pick and choose exact car models. We operate only AC vehicles and hatchbacks are not available.
Yes, all sightseeing tours need to be booked in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest booking early to guarantee your desired tour day. Bookings are completely online and you can book on Website or Mobile app.
You need to book online from this page. We accept only online bookings. Booking is confirmed instantly through SMS and Email. Driver & Cab details are sent on SMS/Email 3-6 hours before pick-up time.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3700 Per Vehicle