Lepakshi Day Trip from Bangalore
In this day trip from Bangalore; visit Lepakshi - a little known village home to some amazing architecture from the 15th century. A little over 110 km from Bangalore, Lepakshi is a great road trip destination from Bangalore. Lepakshi actually lies in Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh.
Lepakshi Day Trip Highlights:
- See the huge Nandi Bull - the largest such monolithic structure of India.
- Visit the 15th Century Lepakshi temple which houses some amazing mural paintings, hanging pillar & huge monolith Nagalinga
Lepakshi Day Trip from Bangalore Overview:
Lepakshi is popular for the 15th century Virabhadra temple built in the times of Vijayanagara Empire. Built on a low tortoise shaped hill, Veerabhadra temple is famous for beautiful intricate stone carvings, amazing rock pillars and a stone monolith Nagalinga - multi-headed snake. The other famous attraction of Lepakshi is the stone monolith Nandi statue - said to be the largest of such kind in the world. As per Hindu mythology in Ramayana, Lepakshi is the place where Jatayu fell after a fight with Ravana.
The Bangaluru to Lepakshi route takes Bangalore airport expressway and road from Devanahalli to Lepakshi it is a nice countryside drive. Lepakshi is a small town and there are no proper hotels here. The nearest railway station is Hindupur about 15 km away.
Note: If you are interested in Bangalore to Lepakshi trip along with a stopover in Nandi Hills then you can choose this trip.
Veerbhadra Temple: Located in the centre of the village is the Veerbhadra Temple or commonly known as Lepakshi Temple. Legend has it that it was built by sage Agastya. The most important feature of this temple is the 18 ft. tall Nagalinga, a monolithic carving of multi-headed snake shielding the Shivalinga. Temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and Vishnu.
Frescoes of Lepakshi: The Lepakshi temple has one of the finest mural paintings of the Vijayanagar Empire. It is also believed to be the largest in India from that era. Mural paintings depict different parts from sacred texts such as one depicting Shiva-Parvathi wedding.
Hanging Pillar of Lepakshi: You can call it a wonder or an engineering marvel of medieval India. The column is literally hanging in the air and one can pass a paper underneath it.
Nandi of Lepakshi: The huge monolithic bull carved out of a massive single stone is the largest monolithic structure of India. The sculpture is about 5 meters high and 8 meters long and very exquisitely carved.
Lepakshi Day Trip Itinerary:
- The driver will pick you from the hotel or residence provided at the requested time.
- After pick-up, you start a journey towards Lepakshi. The travel time from Bengaluru to Lepakshi is about 3 hours drive.
- On the way to Lepakshi from Bangalore, you can take a break for Tea/Coffee or Lunch. There are many shops on the highway till Devanahalli.
- On reaching Lepakshi, you will visit the Lepakshi temple, Nagalinga, Nandi and monuments in the complex.
- Finally, after the visit, you will head back to Bangalore, the trip ends with drop-off at your Bangalore residence or hotel.
- This is not a guided tour, the driver will not be the guide for the tour.
- This is an outstation tour hence the vehicle can not be used for the local city tour.
- All transportation using private air-conditioned Sedan or SUV with the driver
- Pickup and drop-off in Bangalore Residence or Hotel
- Driver and fuel charges
- Sightseeing tour as per mentioned itinerary
- Usage of the car till 10:00 PM (Night charges applicable after that)
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3800 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.