Lepakshi Day Trip from Bangalore
Lepakshi is a captivating village located in the Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh, India. Renowned for its rich historical and architectural heritage, it is most famous for the Veerabhadra Temple, a 16th-century marvel adorned with intricate carvings and stunning frescoes. Visitors are captivated by the temple's unique features, including the iconic hanging pillar, making Lepakshi a must-visit destination for history buffs and architecture enthusiasts alike.
Lepakshi Day Trip Highlights:
- See the huge Nandi Bull, the largest such monolithic structure in India.
- Visit the 15th-century Lepakshi temple, which houses some amazing mural paintings, hanging pillar and a huge monolith Nagalinga
Connect with us Live by clicking on the 'Chat' button or WhatsApp Click here
Lepakshi Day Trip from Bangalore Overview:
Lepakshi is popular for the 15th-century Virabhadra temple built in the times of the Vijayanagara Empire. Built on a low tortoise-shaped hill, Veerabhadra temple is famous for beautiful intricate stone carvings, amazing rock pillars, and a stone monolith of Nagalinga—a multi-headed snake. The other famous attraction in Lepakshi is the stone monolith Nandi statue, said to be the largest of its kind in the world. As per Hindu mythology in the Ramayana, Lepakshi is the place where Jatayu fell after a fight with Ravana.
The Bangaluru to Lepakshi route takes the Bangalore airport expressway and road from Devanahalli to Lepakshi. It is a nice countryside drive. Lepakshi is a small town, and there are no proper hotels here. The nearest railway station is in Hindupur, about 15 km away. Prominent temples to visit in Lepakshi:
Veerbhadra Temple: Located in the centre of the village is the Veerbhadra Temple, commonly known as Lepakshi Temple. Legend has it that it was built by Sage Agastya. The most important feature of this temple is the 18-foot-tall Nagalinga, a monolithic carving of a multi-headed snake shielding the Shivalinga. The temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and Vishnu.
Frescoes of Lepakshi: The Lepakshi temple has one of the finest mural paintings of the Vijayanagar Empire. It is also believed to be the largest in India from that era. Mural paintings depict different parts of sacred texts, such as one depicting the Shiva-Parvathi wedding.
Hanging Pillar of Lepakshi: You can call it a wonder or an engineering marvel of medieval India. The column is literally hanging in the air, and one can pass a piece of paper underneath it.
Nandi of Lepakshi: The huge monolithic bull carved out of a massive single stone is the largest monolithic structure in India. The sculpture is about 5 meters high and 8 meters long and is very exquisitely carved.
Papanatha Temple: Adjacent to the Veerabhadra Temple, the Papanatha Temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. It features similar architectural styles and intricate carvings, but is smaller in size compared to the main temple.
Raghunatha Swamy Temple: This temple is dedicated to Lord Rama and is located near the Veerabhadra Temple complex. It's relatively smaller but still boasts impressive sculptures and carvings.
Lepakshi Day Trip Itinerary:
- The driver will pick you up from the hotel or residence provided at the requested time.
- After pick-up, you start a journey towards Lepakshi. The travel time from Bengaluru to Lepakshi is about 3 hours.
- On the way to Lepakshi from Bangalore, you can take a break for tea, coffee, or lunch. There are many shops on the highway until Devanahalli.
- On reaching Lepakshi, you will visit the Lepakshi temple, Nagalinga, Nandi, and monuments in the complex.
- Finally, after the visit, you will head back to Bangalore. The trip ends with a drop-off at your Bangalore residence or hotel.
- This is not a guided tour; the driver will not be the guide for the tour.
- This is an outstation tour; hence, the vehicle cannot be used for the local city tour.
- All transportation using private air-conditioned Sedan or SUV with the driver
- Pickup and drop-off in Bangalore Residence or Hotel
- 12 hours & 300 Km of vehicle usage.
- Driver and fuel charges
- Sightseeing tour as per mentioned itinerary
- Usage of the car till 10:00 PM (Night charges applicable after that)
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have two options Sedans & bigger SUVs. In Sedans we provide Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios mostly, sometimes it could be Nissan Sunny. In SUVs we provide Toyotta Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga. You can request a particular model while booking in 'Special Request' and we try to provide it however you can not pick and choose exact car models. We operate only AC vehicles and hatchbacks are not available.
Yes, all sightseeing tours need to be booked in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest booking early to guarantee your desired tour day. Bookings are completely online and you can book on Website or Mobile app.
You need to book online from this page. We accept only online bookings. Booking is confirmed instantly through SMS and Email. Driver & Cab details are sent on SMS/Email 3-6 hours before pick-up time.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 4680 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.