Manali-Leh-Manali Bike Tour 2019
A bike ride through one of the most celebrated routes world over. This 11-day ride takes you across many popular sights of Manali and Ladakh, including the Pangong Lake and the Nubra Valley. This trip is perfect for a lover of starry nights, scenic mountains and serene lakes.
- Take the bike trip on a rented bike or your own bike.
- An experienced road captain and a backup vehicle throughout the ride.
- Overnight deluxe camp stays at Nubra Valley and Pangong lake.
- Travel through many mountain passes.
- Volvo transfer from Delhi to Manali and back.
- Fixed Departures: All available dates on the calendar are bookable.
- Premium Stays: All accommodations during the ride in comfortable hotels and deluxe camps. All with attached washroom.
- Bike Rent and Fuel: For rented bike options, bike rent, as well as fuel, is included in the price.
- Bike Ride Gear: Quality Helmet, Elbow & Knee Guards Included
- All Permits and Fees: No hassle of paying permit fees, entry fees or wildlife fees during your ride. It's all included in the price.
Route: Manali - Rohtang - Jispa - Sarchu - Leh - Khardung La - Nubra - Pangong Tso - Leh - Sarchu - Manali
Riders will be getting Himachal registration bikes in Himachal region and Leh registration bike in Leh.
Why is that? Local associations in Himachal and Leh allow only local registration bikes. All rented bikes from any other region are stopped by the locals every year, be it Delhi registration or any other. To avoid such inconvenience for our customers, we will take care of all such issues. Promising a great and un-interrupted experience to you.
Bike Ride Overview
This tour takes you through the magnificent valleys and plains of Ladakh on a Royal Enfield bike in 11-days. Our Ladakh motorcycle tour starts from Manali. Rohtang pass, the serene Pangong Tso Lake, Indus, Shyok Rivers, Nubra Valley and Khardung La- all these incredible landscapes will unravel before you during the trip. Stay at the riverside or other camps where you can enjoy the gorgeous starry nights which Ladakh is famous for.
With our experienced road captain and a fully equipped backup vehicle, you will be able to enjoy this ride without any glitches. For convenience, the first day in our itinerary is kept aside for acclimatization to make sure that you will have a comfortable journey ahead.
- Day 0: Departure from Delhi
- Day 1: Arrive in Manali
- Day 2: Manali - Jispa (140 km | 8-9 hours)
- Day 3: Jispa - Sarchu (85 km | 5-6 hours)
- Day 4: Sarchu - Leh (250 km | 9-10 hours)
- Day 5: Rest day at Leh
- Day 6: Leh - Kardung La Pass - Nubra Valley (159 km | 4-6 hours)
- Day 7: Nubra Valley - Pangong Lake (274 km | 8-10 hours)
- Day 8: Pangong Lake – Leh (223 km | 7-9 hours)
- Day 9: Leh - Sarchu (250 km | 8-10 hours)
- Day 10: Sarchu - Manali (230 km | 8-10 hours)
- Day 11: Departure from Manali
- Day 12: Arrive in Delhi
Day 0: Depart from Delhi
- Your tour will begin with a transfer from Delhi, you have to board a Semi Sleeper 2x2 Push Back Volvo from Majnu Ka Tila after 5:00 pm.
- The bus details will be shared with you post booking.
Day 1: Arrive in Manali
- On day 1 after an overnight journey from Delhi, you will reach Manali and check-in to riverside camps and have some breakfast.
- Post which there will be acclimatization & orientation process and Ladakh ride briefing.
- And then the allotment of bikes & trial run in the evening.
- Dinner will be served at your overnight camps.
Day 2: Manali - Jispa (140 km | 8/9 hours)
- Ladakh ride begins on the second day after you have had your breakfast.
- Enjoy the Leh Manali highway, you will ride through the Vashsith Hot Springs, Solang Valley, Rohtang Pass, Keylong.
- Upon your arrival in Jipsa, there would be an overnight stay.
Day 3: Jispa - Sarchu (85 km | 4/5 hours)
- On the third day, you will be going to Sarchu, after a nice warm breakfast.
- This ride will take you to Suraj Taal and Deepak Taal, two breath-taking lakes in the Lahaul and Spiti region, Baralacha La Pass, Darcha, Zing Zing Bar, Chandrabhaga River.
- Upon your arrival in Sarchu, you will be staying for the night at the camps/guest house.
Day 4: Sarchu - Leh (250 km | 9/10 hours)
- On the fourth day after a breakfast, you will be riding to Leh through Nakeela Pass, Whisky Nallah, Lachulung La Pass, Pang, More Plains, and Tanglang La Pass.
- The distance from Sarchu to Leh is 250 kilometres and you would be staying overnight at a hotel in Leh.
Day 5: Rest Day at Leh
- The fifth day will be your rest for after the long ride.
- Sit back and relax, one could explore the local market and cafes at their own convenience.
Day 6: Leh - Kardung La Pass - Nubra Valley (159 km | 4/6 hours)
- On day 6 you will be travelling to Nubra Valley, the famous cold desert.
- A ride to Khardung La Top, Diskit, Hunder Cold Desert famous for double hump camel rides.
- You will be spending the night at the camps in Nubra Valley.
Day 7: Nubra Valley - Pangong Lake (161 km | 8/10 hours)
- On the seventh day, there will be an off-roading experience to Pangong Lake
- The route covered will be Nubra to Pangong via Shyok River or Wari La Pass.
- On arrival, enjoy the overnight camping experience near the enchanting blue lake.
Day 8: Pangong Lake – Leh (160 km | 5/6 hours)
- The eighth day will see you head back to Leh.
- You may stop by the famous school from the Bollywood movie '3 idiots'.
- You will have to reach Leh before lunch, visit Shanti Stupa, depending on the riders and time, we may cover Magnetic Hill, War Memorial, Patharsahib Gurudwara.
- Enjoy the daytime in Leh.
Day 9: Leh - Sarchu (250 km | 8/10 hours)
- After breakfast, you will start your ride for Sarchu.
- The journey to Sarchu is 2 kilometres from Leh and you will reach there by the evening.
Day 10: Sarchu - Manali (230 km | 8/10 hours)
- On the tenth day, you will reach Manali from Sarchu covering about 230 kilometres and take rest at our riverside camps.
Day 11: Departure from Manali
- After breakfast, you will be checking out from the camp.
- You can explore Kullu/Manali and take an evening Volvo back to Delhi.
Day 12: Arrival in Delhi
- Arrival in Delhi after an overnight journey from Manali will mark the end of your trip.
1. Upgrade to 500cc bike (Add-on at Rs. 2400/- per bike)
2. An overnight bus journey from Delhi to Manali (Add-on at Rs. 1250/- per person)
3. An overnight bus journey from Manali to Delhi (Add-on at Rs. 1250/- per person)
Places Covered in this Bike Tour:
Manali - Jispa – Solang Valley – Rohtang Pass – Keylong – Sarchu – Baralacha La Pass – Darcha – Zing Zing Bar – Suraj Taal – Lachung La Pass – Pang – Moray Plains – Tanglang La Pass – Leh Ladakh – Khardung La – Nubra Valley – Patharsahib Gurudwara – Hall of Fame – Shanti Stupa – Wari La Pass – Changla La – Pangong Tso Lake
- Accommodation in Deluxe Hotels / Camps / Guest Houses on triple sharing from Day 01 in Kullu to Day 10 in Manali as per itinerary
- Stay for couples on Twin sharing basis/Groups on Triple sharing basis
- 2 Volvo Tickets from Delhi to Manali and Manali to Delhi
- Rent cost of 350cc Royal Enfield classic bike (RE 500 cc or RE Himalayan can be arranged - choose add-on while booking)
- Petrol for the entire trip for rented bike
- Bike Ride Gear (Elbow & Knee Guards)
- 10 Breakfasts & 10 Dinners
- Expert & and professional road captain throughout the bike ride
- Helmet for the rider as well as pillion
- Reflective jacket & rider's badge
- Inner line permits (ILP) & Wildlife fees for restricted areas in Ladakh for Indian Nationals
- Backup vehicle (Innova/tempo traveller or similar). will carry your luggage.
- Royal Enfield motorbike mechanic for the entire tour carrying basic spares parts.
- Hot water facility at deluxe hotels/hot water buckets will be available in camps on request
- Basic first aid kit, medicines, oxygen cylinders
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- 75% refund if cancelled before 45 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 30 days
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
On an average we would travel about 6-7 hrs each day or less. On few stretches like Sarchu-Manali we would travel for about 10 hours. On an average, we will be riding 150 km per day.
12 travellers found this helpful
Yes fuel cost is included as per itinerary in all rented bike options. If you are bringing your own bike then fuel cost is not included in own bike package.
10 travellers found this helpful
At all places of stay there will be attached bathroom with running water. Either running hot water or hot water on request would be available at all places except Sarchu.
9 travellers found this helpful
You may select the tour depending upon your date of travel, number of days and mode of travel (more importantly). If you are looking for a group departure for a bike trip then make sure that you are spending time at the locations mentioned in the itinerary (some of the important places to stay is Hunder/Diskit in Nubra Valley and Pangong Lake). Make sure the group really has a backup vehicle with a mechanic and should carry your luggage, extra fuel and bike in case of break down. Most importantly make sure that you are getting assured departure, many a time people waste days and money because trip organisers don\'t start the trip because of their faulty operations.
10 travellers found this helpful
t is good to keep at least 10 to 12 days in hand for a Leh Ladakh bike trip. You don\'t want to rush everything.
4 travellers found this helpful
Foreigners would have to pay INR 500 extra towards the Inner Line Permit to visit Pangong, Nubra, Tso Moriri or other restricted areas. Fee includes Environment & Wildlife fee. For Indian Nationals permits fee and other fees are included in the price.
7 travellers found this helpful
It is not advisable to do this ride with a kid below 8 years. If travelling with kids then you can choose the SUV option. People travel to Leh with their kids from all parts of the world. Every individual immunity is different, taking rest to get acclimatize is the best option when coming by flight in the high altitude. Things to keep in mind when travelling with kids is to keep when hydrated and not try to force feed if baby\'s appetite is low. That said, Leh city has medical facilities in case some medical assistance is needed.
10 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 21690 Per Person