Manali-Leh-Manali Bike Tour 2019
An 11-day biking tour through one of the most celebrated adventure trip routes in India. A dream trip, you will find on the bucket list of many travellers. Ride on famed Manali-Leh Highway, across the many popular sights of Manali and Ladakh, including the Pangong Lake and the Nubra Valley. This Ladakh bike trip is perfect for a lover of starry nights, scenic mountains and serene lakes.
Manali-Leh-Manali Bike Tour Highlights:
- Take the thrilling Manali Leh Manali Bike Trip on a Rented bike or Own bike
- Travel safe with an experienced road captain and a back-up vehicle throughout the ride
- Overnight stay in deluxe camp stay at Nubra Valley and Pangong Lake
- Travel through Manali Leh Highway to Ladakh crossing many high Himalayan mountain passes
- Option to travel on own bike, rented bike or in comfort of a SUV/Tempo Traveller
Route: Manali - Rohtang - Jispa - Sarchu - Leh - Khardung La - Nubra - Pangong Tso - Leh - Sarchu - Manali
Why Choose this Ladakh Bike Ride package?
- No Hidden Costs: All inclusive price with no hassle of paying on multiple occasions during the trip. Select best package and leave hassles of planning to us.
- Fixed Departures: All available dates on the calendar are bookable.
- Premium Stays: All Accommodations during the ride in comfortable hotels and deluxe camps. All stays with attached washrooms. Hot running water in all hotels.
- Bike Rent and Fuel: For rented bike options, bike rent, as well as fuel, is included in the price.
- Bike Ride Gea Included: Trodly Certified Helmets, Elbow & Knee Guards Included
- Includes All Permit Fees: No hassle of paying permit fees. All permit or wildlife cost during your trip is already included.
Manali to Leh Bike Ride Overview:
This Ladakh tour from Manali takes you through the magnificent valleys and plains of Ladakh on a Royal Enfield motorcycle in 11-days. You can also opt for RE Himalayan bike. Our Ladakh motorcycle tour starts from Manali. Rohtang pass, the serene Pangong Tso Lake, Indus, Shyok Rivers, Nubra Valley and Khardung La - all these incredible landscapes will unravel before you during the trip. Stay at the deluxe camps where you can enjoy the gorgeous starry nights which Ladakh is famous for.
With our experienced road captain and a fully equipped backup vehicle, you will be able to enjoy this ride without any glitches. For convenience, the first day in our itinerary is kept aside for acclimatization to make sure that you will have a comfortable journey ahead.
Brief Trip Itinerary
- Day 1: Arrive in Manali.
- Day 2: Ride from Manali to Jispa (140 km | 7/8 hours ride)
- Day 3: Ride from Jispa to Sarchu (85 km | 4/5 hours ride)
- Day 4: Ride from Sarchu to Leh (250 km | 9 hours ride)
- Day 5: Rest Day at Leh
- Day 6: Ride from Leh to Nubra Valley via Khardung La Pass (159 km | 4/6 hours ride)
- Day 7: Ride from Nubra Valley to Pangong Lake (161 km | 8/10 hours ride)
- Day 8: Ride from Pangong Lake to Leh (160 km | 5/6 hours ride)
- Day 9: Ride from Leh to Sarchu (250 km | 8/9 hours ride)
- Day 10: Ride from Sarchu to Manali (230 km | 8/9 hours ride)
- Day 11: Departure from Manali
Manali - Leh - Manali Bike Ride Detailed Itinerary:
Day 1: Arrive in Manali
- On Day 1 after an overnight journey from Delhi, you will reach Kullu-Manali and check-in at riverside camps and have some breakfast.
- Post which there will be acclimatization & orientation process and Ladakh ride briefing.
- And then the allotment of bikes & trial run in the evening.
- Dinner will be served at your overnight camps.
Day 2: Ride from Manali to Jispa (140 km | 7/8 hours ride)
- Ladakh ride begins on the second day after you have had your breakfast.
- Enjoy the Leh Manali highway ride; you will ride through the Vashsith Hot Springs, Solang Valley, Rohtang Pass, Keylong. You will encounter snow at this place.
- Upon your arrival in Jipsa, there would be an overnight stay.
Day 3: Ride from Jispa to Sarchu (85 km | 4/5 hours ride)
- On the third day, you will be going to Sarchu, after a nice warm breakfast.
- This ride will take you to Suraj Taal and Deepak Taal, two breathtaking high altitude lakes in the Lahaul and Spiti region, Baralacha La Pass, Darcha, Zing Zing Bar, Chandrabhaga River.
- Upon your arrival in Sarchu, you will be staying for the night at the camps/guest house.
Day 4: Ride from Sarchu to Leh (250 km | 9 hours ride)
- On the fourth day after breakfast, you will be riding to Leh through Nakeela Pass, Whisky Nallah, Lachulung La Pass, Pang, beautiful More Plains, and Tanglang La Pass.
- The distance from Sarchu to Leh is 250 kilometres and you would be staying overnight at a hotel in Leh.
Day 5: Rest Day at Leh
- The fifth day will be your rest for after the long road trip.
- Sit back and relax, one could explore the local market and cafes at their own convenience.
Day 6: Ride from Leh to Nubra Valley via Khardung La Pass (159 km | 4/6 hours ride)
- On day 6 you will be travelling to Nubra Valley, the famous cold desert.
- A ride to Khardung La Top, Diskit, Hunder Cold Desert famous for double hump camel rides.
- You will be spending the night at the camps in Nubra Valley.
Day 7: Ride from Nubra Valley to Pangong Lake (161 km | 8/10 hours ride)
- On the seventh day, there will be an off-roading experience to Pangong Lake
- The route covered will be Nubra to Pangong via Shyok River or Wari La Pass.
- On arrival, enjoy the overnight camping experience near the enchanting blue lake.
Day 8: Ride from Pangong Lake to Leh (160 km | 5/6 hours ride)
- The eighth day will see you head back to Leh.
- You may stop by the famous school from the Bollywood movie '3 idiots'.
- You will have to reach Leh before lunch, visit Shanti Stupa, depending on the riders and time, we may cover Magnetic Hill, War Memorial, Patharsahib Gurudwara.
- Enjoy the daytime in Leh.
Day 9: Ride from Leh to Sarchu (250 km | 8/9 hours ride)
- After breakfast, you will start your ride for Sarchu.
- The journey to Sarchu is 250 kilometres from Leh and you will reach there by the evening.
Day 10: Ride from Sarchu to Manali (230 km | 8/9 hours ride)
- On the tenth day, you will reach Manali from Sarchu covering about 230 kilometres and take rest at our riverside camps.
Day 11: Departure from Manali
- After breakfast, you will be checking out from the camp.
- You can explore Kullu/Manali and take an evening Volvo back to Delhi.
Places Covered in this Bike Tour Route:
Manali – Jispa – Solang Valley – Rohtang Pass – Keylong – Sarchu – Baralacha La Pass – Darcha – Zing Zing Bar – Suraj Taal – Lachung La Pass – Pang – Moray Plains – Tanglang La Pass – Leh Ladakh – Khardung La – Nubra Valley – Patharsahib Gurudwara – Hall of Fame – Shanti Stupa – Wari La Pass – Changla La – Pangong Tso Lake
- Accommodation in River side camps in Kullu-Manali.
- Free parking facility in Kullu-Manali.
- Accommodation in deluxe hotels and camps with attached washrooms.
- Stay at twin sharing basis for couples and a triple sharing basis for the group.
- Hot water bucket available on request.
- Bike rental charges for Royal Enfield 350cc (Upgrade to RE 500cc or Himalayan - choose add-on while booking).
- Fuel for the rented bikes, as per the itinerary.
- Safety helmet for riders and pillions.
- Protective Knee and Elbow Guard for the rider.
- Buffet breakfasts (10) and Dinners (10) as per the itinerary.
- Expert Road captain for the bike ride.
- Permits and Wildlife fees for restricted areas in Ladakh for Indian Nationals.
- Backup vehicle (Innova/Tempo Traveller or similar) for the ride.
- Luggage space for one 60 litre bag per person in the support vehicle.
- Royal Enfield motorbike mechanic for the entire road trip.
- Basic first aid kit, medicines, oxygen cylinders
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
On an average we would travel about 6-7 hrs each day or less. On few stretches like Sarchu-Manali we would travel for about 10 hours. On an average, we will be riding 150 km per day.
13 travellers found this helpful
Yes fuel cost is included as per itinerary in all rented bike options. If you are bringing your own bike then fuel cost is not included in own bike package.
11 travellers found this helpful
At all places of stay there will be attached bathroom with running water. Either running hot water or hot water on request would be available at all places except Sarchu.
10 travellers found this helpful
You may select the tour depending upon your date of travel, number of days and mode of travel (more importantly). If you are looking for a group departure for a bike trip then make sure that you are spending time at the locations mentioned in the itinerary (some of the important places to stay is Hunder/Diskit in Nubra Valley and Pangong Lake). Make sure the group really has a backup vehicle with a mechanic and should carry your luggage, extra fuel and bike in case of break down. Most importantly make sure that you are getting assured departure, many a time people waste days and money because trip organisers don\'t start the trip because of their faulty operations.
11 travellers found this helpful
t is good to keep at least 10 to 12 days in hand for a Leh Ladakh bike trip. You don\'t want to rush everything.
5 travellers found this helpful
Foreigners would have to pay INR 500 extra towards the Inner Line Permit to visit Pangong, Nubra, Tso Moriri or other restricted areas. Fee includes Environment & Wildlife fee. For Indian Nationals permits fee and other fees are included in the price.
8 travellers found this helpful
It is not advisable to do this ride with a kid below 8 years. If travelling with kids then you can choose the SUV option. People travel to Leh with their kids from all parts of the world. Every individual immunity is different, taking rest to get acclimatize is the best option when coming by flight in the high altitude. Things to keep in mind when travelling with kids is to keep when hydrated and not try to force feed if baby\'s appetite is low. That said, Leh city has medical facilities in case some medical assistance is needed.
11 travellers found this helpful
Manali is well connected with Delhi and Chandigarh. Best way to reach Kullu or Manali is via overnight bus from Delhi/Chandigarh. You can take semi-sleeper Volvo AC buses or normal sleeper buses. The bus journey take 11-13 hours to reach Kullu and a further 1 hour to reach Manali. Tickets should be booked online. We suggest you choose government run buses such as HPTDC and HRTC as they are seldom late and run as per schedule.
2 travellers found this helpful
Manali Leh highway usually opens in first or second week of June and remains open for about five months. Manali to Leh road usually gets closed from September end or early October depending upon weather conditions that particular year.
Once Manali Leh Highway is officially open, it is quite safe to travel and roads gets better and better till September as BRO keeps repairing bad stretches. In terms of safety your preparation, following safety guidelines and the weather plays an important role too.
The Manali-Leh route has some of the world\'s highest mountain passes. The five mountain passes that you would be crossing on journey to Leh from Manali are Rohtang Pass, Baralacha La, Nakeela Pass, Lachulung La Pass and Tanglang La Pass.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 22500 Per Person