Bhrigu Lake Trek From Manali
Located at a height of 4,300 metres (14,100 ft), Bhrigu Lake is a high altitude Himalayan lake in Himachal Pradesh near Manali. Located east of Rohtang Pass, the trail to Bhrigu Lake passes through virgin lush green forests and meadows. Bhrigu Lake trek offers amazing view of Dhauladhar and Pir Panjal ranges along with those of Kullu and Solang valleys. During the three day trek to the Bhrigu lake, one will pass through the picturesque Solang valley and parts of Manali.
The Bhrigu meadows change in colour, shape and texture as one ascends, only intensifying the whole experience. Tempreture in summers are optimal for this trek and weather is not usually a problem. The Brighu lake is not very deep and does freeze in winters. Even in summers, area around lake has some snow. The lake is said to be sacred as it is believed that long ago a sage used to meditate near the lake. The locals here believe that this is why the lake never freezes completely. If you are looking for trekking in Manali, then this is a very good option and not a very tough trek.
Why Choose This?
- Manali to Manali: This Bhrigu trek starts and ends in Manali
- No Hidden Charges: All inclusive trek price with no hassle of paying on multiple occasions during the trip
- Fixed Dates: Guaranteed departure on each available date
- Personalized Care: Small batch sizes of treks for individual focus
- Part Payment: Pay balance online before start of the trip
Day 1: Drive from Manali to Kulang - Trek from Kulang to Moridugh | 7 Kms - 5 Hrs trek
Report at Manali Bus Stand by 9am from where taxi will take you to starting point of trek at Kulang. Its a 45 minute ride which further goes to Rohtang Pass. From Kulang it's a 3-4 hour trek to camp-site. On your arrival at camp you are welcomed with a hot lunch. Moridugh is a scenic campsite giving excellent protection from winds. In the evening free time or you can take an acclimatization walk around the camp.
Day 2: Moridugh to Bhrigu Lake (14,000 ft.) and back | 14 Kms Trek - 8 Hours
Today we have a long trek ahead of us so starting early is advisable. We leave after breakfast with our packed lunches and start our trek towards the lake as the trail passes green meadows. Even in the summer months of April, May and early June these meadows are snow-covered. Near the lake, path is through boulders and loose rocks. By mid June lake is surrounded by lush green grass and flowers which makes it a captivating site. After spending considerable time at lake we return to Moridugh where we camp for the night.
Day 3: Trek to Vashisht - Drive to Manali | 7 Kms - 5 Hour trek - 1 hour Drive
On our final morning we start a downhill trek to Vashisht village. Vashisht is famous for its hot sulphur water springs. You can take a hot sulphur water bath in the public ponds here. You are expected to reach Manali by 3-4 pm.
- All Meals (Vegetarian Food); except breakfast on arrival day and dinner on departure day.
- Tented accommodation in alpine tents: Twin/Triple sharing tents
- Sleeping bags, foam trekking mattresses and toilet tent.
- High Altitude Trekking Guide.
- Kitchen Staff with kitchen tent and all other necessary items of kitchen.
- Taxi from Manali (Hotel/ Bus Stand) to Trek start point Kulang on Day 1
- Taxi from road Trek end point Vashisht to Hotel/Bus Stand in Manali on Day 3
- Any expense arising out of unforeseen circumstance like bus delays, roadblocks, landslides, etc.
- Medical Evacuation.
- Any Insurance Cover
- Any Expense not mentioned under ‘cost includes’
- Please bring warm jackets and trekking shoes.
- Personal porters may be arranged to carry your personal backpack or luggage
- Tented accommodation will be provided on twin/triple/quad sharing basis as per the tent size while on the trek.
- Medical certificate is mandatory for all the high altitude treks for more than 3 Days duration.
- Veg Meals will be provided while on trek.
- In case the trek is cancelled for the reason beyond our control then we will offer the alternate trek for same duration otherwise 50% refund is applicable. You may opt for either refund or alternate trek on the date of reporting.
- We have right to change the itinerary during the time of trekking as per current situation like strike, natural disaster, local union regulations.
- All participants will be responsible for safety and security of their own luggage. We will not be at all responsible for the damage/missing / lost luggage. So carry a small daypack bags to carry all expensive things with you.
- 100% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Bhrigu Lake Trek is a good option for both beginners and experienced trekkers. For first time trekkers it is a little challenging but still a great introduction to trekking. Bhrigu Lake Trek is a good weekend trek for experienced trekkers who would love the amazing views on this trek.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Manali Bus Stand
₹ 4450 Per Person