Bhrigu Lake Trek from Manali
Located at a height of 4,300 meters (14,100 feet), Bhrigu Lake is a high-altitude Himalayan lake in Himachal Pradesh near Manali. Located east of Rohtang Pass, the trail to Bhrigu Lake passes through virgin lush green forests and meadows. Bhrigu Lake trek offers an amazing view of Dhauladhar and Pir Panjal mountain ranges along with those of Kullu and Solang valleys. During the three-day trek to the Bhrigu Lake, one will pass through the picturesque Solang valley and beautiful parts of Manali.
Bhrigu Lake Trek Highlights:
- Go on an unforgettable trekking experience to an alpine lake that attracts thousands of trekkers every year.
- Trek through scenic meadows and forest with amazing views of snow-capped Himalayas.
- An adventure trip to a high altitude alpine lake via a relatively easy trek route.
- Enjoy camp stay, experience bonfire at night, and relax in the peace and serenity of the mountains.
Why Choose This Bhrigu Lake Trek?
- Manali to Manali: This Bhrigu Lake trek starts and ends in Manali
- No Hidden Charges: All-inclusive trek price with no hassle of paying on multiple occasions during the trip
- Fixed Dates: Guaranteed departure on each available date
- Personalized Care: Small batch sizes of treks for individual focus
- Part Payment: Reserve your spot with the booking amount only. Pay balance online before the start of the trip
Bhrigu Lake Trek Overview
The Bhrigu meadows change in colour, shape and texture as one ascends, only intensifying the whole experience. Temperatures in summers are optimal for this trek and weather is not usually a problem. Brighu Lake is not very deep and freezes in winter months. Even in summers till June, the area around the lake has some snow. The Bhrigu Lake is said to be sacred as it is believed that long ago a sage used to meditate near the lake. The locals here believe that this is why the lake never freezes completely. If you are looking for trekking in Manali, then this is a great option and not a very tough trek.
From Bhrigu Lake you get a stunning view of high Himalayan peaks such as Deo Tibba, Indraasan, Hanuman Tibba, and Friendship Peak.
Bhrigu Lake Trek Itinerary:
Day 1: Report in Manali at 9 AM and be Driven from Manali to Kulang and Trek from Kulang to Moridugh | 7 KM - 5 hours trek
- Start your journey by reporting at Manali Chowk by 9 am from where a taxi will take you to the starting point of the trek at Kulang.
- It’s a 45-minute drive which further goes to Rohtang Pass. From Kulang it's a 3-4 hour trek to the campsite. The guide will with you leading the way.
- On your arrival at camp, you are welcomed with a hot lunch. Mori Dugh is a scenic campsite giving excellent protection from winds.
- In the evening free time or you can take a walk around the campsite to explore the spot and acclimatize better.
Day 2: Trek from Moridugh to Bhrigu Lake (14,000 ft.) and back to Moridurg | 14 km Trek - 8 hours
- On the second day, you have a long trek ahead of you so starting early is advisable. You will leave after breakfast with your packed lunches and start your trek towards the lake as the trail passes green meadows.
- Even in the summer months of April, May and early June these meadows are snow-covered. Near the lake, the path is through boulders and loose rocks.
- By mid-June lake is surrounded by lush green grass and flowers which makes it a captivating sight.
- After spending considerable time at the lake we return to Moridugh where you camp for the night.
Day 3: Trek from Moridurg to Kolang and Drive back to Manali | 7 km - 5-hour trek - 1 hour Drive
- On your final morning, you start a downhill trek to Kolang and the trek ends at the road head of Kolang.
- You will then be driven to Manali to end your trip.
- 2 nights stay in comfortable sanitized tents and sleeping bags.
- Pick up and drop from Manali.
- Services of experienced MOI/ BMC qualified lead guide qualification in first aid.
- All meals during camping on the trek (nutritious freshly cooked vegetarian) Starting from Refreshment on Day 1 to Lunch on Day 3.
- Kitchen equipment, cook and helper and all the camping arrangements.
- Wildlife/ environmental permits and other permits & levies.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 4025 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.