Chandrakhani Pass Trek
Chandrakhani Pass is one of the most gorgeous and tranquil high Himalayan pass located at an altitude of 3660 metres in the Kullu valley. Come enjoy the breathtaking views and soak in the fresh air of the majestic Himalayas.
- See one of the most picturesque high Himalayan passes in India.
- Get amazing views of the Deo Tibba, Pir Panjal and Parvati mountain ranges.
- All inclusive price: No hassle of paying on multiple occasions during the trek.
- Verified information: All inclusions and details are verified by Trodly team.
Chandrakhani Pass offers tremendous views of the Deo Tibba peak, Pir Panjal and Parbati range of mountains. The hike is one of the most stunning treks that introduces the trekker to the isolated, hilly cultures of Himachal Pradesh. The picturesque loveliness of the Kullu valley and the mount peaks is a luxury for the scenery lover throughout the journey. The trail cutting across small and gushing streams and walking through narrow ridges makes it more adventurous. The Chandrakhani Pass Trek is a moderate one and the maximum altitude is 3650 metres.
Start to trek from Rumsu and one will reach Naya Thapru by the late afternoon. The trail from Naya Thapru will lead to Chandrakhani Pass Trek.
Region: Kullu Valley & Parvati Valley
Maximum Altitude: 3650mts / 12,000 ft.
Difficulty Level: Easy to Moderate
Best time to trek: May to November
Chandrakhani Pass Trek Itinerary:
Day 1: Arrival at Rumsu (Naggar) - Naya Tapru | 4 km Trek
- After reporting at 9 am, guests will be transported by jeep to Naggar (21 km) from Manali.
- Delightfully situated on a wooded slope and commanding an extensive view of the valley, it is famous for its temples, ancient castle, and the Roerich Art Gallery.
- From Naggar, it’s a gradual climb up to Rumsu. It’s a steady and gradual climb on the second day to just below the Chanderkhani Pass at Nauya Tapru.
- The guest will be staying at the Naya Tapru.
Day 2: Naya Thapru - Chanderkhani Pass | 9 Kms Trek
- Today after breakfast the guest will start their trek towards Chanderkhani Pass. Much of the hike today is through the forest and alpine meadows.
- A splendid hike takes the guests to the Chanderkhani pass and offers amazing views of Dhauladhar range, Parvati valley and Malana valley with a striking view of Deo Tibba from 3600mts.
- After spending some quality time at the top, guests will head back to Naya Tapru, where they camp for the night.
Day 3: Naya Tapru - Rumsu – Manali | 4 km Trek
- After the breakfast, the guest will start trekking towards Rumsu which will take them about 2 hours. On reaching Rumsu the guest board their jeeps and head back to Manali.
- Camping Equipment
- Services of a Trek Leader
- All meals (veg) on the trek as per menu on the trek
- Services of Trek Guide, cook and helpers
- Porters or mules for carrying common luggage
- Dome/Alpine Tents, Sleeping Bags, Sleeping Mats
- Facility to keep you extra luggage at the Reporting Base Camp
- Forest Entry/Permissions/Permits and Camping Charges, if any
- Experienced & Professional Guides, First Aid and Certification on Completion
- Meals during road journeys
- Cost of any kind of travel insurance
- Any expense not specified in the inclusion list
- Transfer from Manali to trekking point – Rumsu on Day 1
- Transfer from Rumsu to Kullu/Manali on Day 3
- Personal expenses towards tips, telephone calls, laundry, beverage, insurance etc.
- Any extra expenses due to medical exigencies or unforeseen other emergencies like extremely bad weather, landslides, riots or political unrest, changes in local unions rules and situations beyond our direct control. However, all best possible assistance would be provided in such situations.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Personal porters may be arranged to carry your personal backpack or luggage (choose add-on)
- Oxygen cylinders and first aid will be there during the trek. Rescue and medical team will be available on call at the base camp in case of any exigencies.
- Tented accommodation will be provided on twin/triple/quad sharing basis as per the tent size while on the trek.
- In case of foreigners, you need to carry original and copy of your passport with valid visa. Foreigners may need to pay the extra amount for permits as per actuals.
- Please bring photocopy of government photo identity card and you need to sign the disclaimer certificate at the time of reporting at the Base Camp
- All meals will be provided while on the trek. Our cooks will be serving the simple vegetarian nutritious veg hot meals for breakfast and dinner during the camping. Pack lunch will be provided during the trek. (Rice pulao, potato, dal, local dishes, hot soups, eggs, bread, poha, sweet, tea, milk etc. is the regular trek menu).
- Full refund if cancelled before* 30 days
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
This trek is considered to be a doable trek for kids in the aged between 8 to 12 years. Kids who otherwise also have an active lifestyle like sports on daily basis.
3 travellers found this helpful
You are likely to find snow in months of May and early June. This totally depends on the amount of snowfall during the last winter season.
Manali is well connected with Delhi and Chandigarh. Best way to reach Kullu or Manali is via overnight bus from Delhi/Chandigarh. You can take semi-sleeper Volvo AC buses or normal sleeper buses. The bus journey take 11-13 hours to reach Kullu and a further 1 hour to reach Manali. Tickets should be booked online. We suggest you choose government run buses such as HPTDC and HRTC as they are seldom late and run as per schedule.
2 travellers found this helpful
Yes. Chandrakhani Pass trek is an easy to moderate level difficulty trek. Conditions vary a little depending upon weather conditions and amount of snow on route if any. First timers can easily go for this trek, they just need to be physically fit condition.
An expert qualified Trek leader is assigned to lead every trek. Along with support staff, guides, cooks and porters accompany you during the trek. Post booking all details including trip coordinator details are shared on booking voucher on email and app.
3 travellers found this helpful
No, you do not need to buy any advanced snow shoes for this trek. All you require are a good pair of trekking shoes. You can opt for water resistant trekking shoes. Do carry along sufficient number of spare socks. Woolen socks are optional though.
3 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
- Rumsu, Naggar (near Manali)
- You will receive the exact reporting address, complete operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, in your Booking Confirmation Voucher
₹ 4790 Per Person
Similar Exciting Activities
Manali, Lahaul & Spiti
Also viewed by other travellers
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.