Chandrakhani Pass Trek
Chandrakhani Pass is one of the most gorgeous and tranquil high Himalayan pass located at an altitude of 3660m in the Kullu valley. Chandrakhani Pass offers tremendous views of the Deo Tibba peak, Pir Panjal and Parbati range of mountains. The hike is one of the most stunning treks that introduces the trekker to the isolated, hilly cultures of Himachal Pradesh. The picturesque loveliness of the Kullu valley and the mount peaks is a luxury for the scenery lover throughout the journey. The trail cutting across small and gushing streams and walking through narrow ridges makes it more adventurous. The Chandrakhani Pass Trek is a moderate one and the maximum altitude is 3650mts.
Start to trek from Rumsu and one will reach Naya Thapru by the late afternoon. The trail from Naya Thapru will lead to Chandrakhani Pass Trek.
Day 1: Arrival at Rumsu (Naggar) - Naya Thapru | 4 Kms Trek
After reporting at 9 am, guests will be transported by jeep to Naggar (21 km) from Manali. Delightfully situated on a wooded slope and commanding an extensive view of the valley, it is famous for its temples, ancient castle, and the Roerich Art Gallery. From Naggar, it’s a gradual climb up to Rumsu. It’s a steady and gradual climb on the second day to just below the Chanderkhani Pass at Nauya Tapru.
Day 2: Naya Tapru - Chanderkhani Pass | 9 Kms Trek
Today after breakfast we start our trek towards Chanderkhani Pass. Much of the hike today is through the forest and alpine meadows. A splendid hike takes us to the Chanderkhani pass and offers amazing views of Dhauladhar range, Parvati valley and Malana valley with a striking view of Deo Tibba from 3600mts. After spending some quality time at the top, we head back to Naya Tapru, where we camp for the night.
Day 3: Naya Tapru - Rumsu – Manali | 4 Kms Trek
After the breakfast, we start trekking towards Rumsu which will take us about 2 hours. On reaching Rumsu we board our jeeps and head back to Manali.
- Camping Equipment
- Services of a Trek Leader
- All meals (veg) on trek as per menu on the trek
- Services of Trek Guide, cook and helpers
- Porters or mules for carrying common luggage
- Dome/Alpine Tents, Sleeping Bags, Sleeping Mats
- Facility to keep you extra luggage at the Reporting Base Camp
- Forest Entry/Permissions/Permits and Camping Charges, if any
- Experienced & Professional Guides, First Aid and Certification on Completion.
- Meals during road journeys
- Cost of any kind of travel insurance
- Any expense not specified in the inclusion list
- Transfer from Manali to trekking point – Rumsu on Day 1
- Transfer from Rumsu to Kullu/Manali on Day 3
- Personal expenses towards tips, telephone calls, laundry, beverage, insurance etc.
- Any extra expenses due to medical exigencies or unforeseen other emergencies like extremely bad weather, landslides, riots or political unrest, changes in local unions rules and situations beyond our direct control. However, all best possible assistance would be provided in such situations.
- Personal porters may be arranged to carry your personal backpack or luggage (choose add-on)
- Oxygen cylinders and first aid will be there during the trek. Rescue and medical team will be available on call at the base camp in case of any exigencies.
- Tented accommodation will be provided on twin/triple/quad sharing basis as per the tent size while on the trek.
- In case of foreigners, you need to carry original and copy of your passport with valid visa. Foreigners may need to pay the extra amount for permits as per actuals.
- You need to sign Disclaimer certificate at the time of reporting at the Base Camp
- Meals will be provided while on the trek. Our cooks will be serving the simple vegetarian nutritious veg hot meals for breakfast and dinner during the camping. Pack lunch will be provided during the trek. (Rice pulao, potato, dal, local dishes, hot soups, eggs, bread, poha, sweet, tea, milk etc. is the regular trek menu).
- 100% refund if cancelled before 30 days
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
This trek is considered to be a doable trek for kids in the aged between 8 to 12 years. Kids who otherwise also have an active lifestyle like sports on daily basis.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
- Rumsu, Naggar
- You will receive complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, in your Booking Confirmation Voucher
₹ 4490 Per Person