Chandrakhani Pass Trek
Chandrakhani Pass is one of the most gorgeous and tranquil high Himalayan pass located at an altitude of 3660m in the Kullu valley. Chandrakhani Pass offers tremendous views of the Deo Tibba peak, Pir Panjal and Parbati range of mountains. The hike is one of the most stunning treks that introduces the trekker to the isolated, hilly cultures of Himachal Pradesh. The picturesque loveliness of the Kullu valley and the mount peaks is a luxury for the scenery lover throughout the journey. The trail cutting across small and gushing streams and walking through narrow ridges makes it more adventurous. The Chandrakhani Pass Trek is a moderate one and the maximum altitude is 3650mts.
Start to trek from Rumsu and one will reach Naya Thapru by the late afternoon. The trail from Naya Thapru will lead to Chandrakhani Pass Trek.
Day 1: Arrival at Rumsu (Naggar) - Naya Thapru | 4 Kms Trek
After reporting at 9 am, guests will be transported by jeep to Naggar (21 km) from Manali. Delightfully situated on a wooded slope and commanding an extensive view of the valley, it is famous for its temples, ancient castle, and the Roerich Art Gallery. From Naggar, it’s a gradual climb up to Rumsu. It’s a steady and gradual climb on the second day to just below the Chanderkhani Pass at Nauya Tapru.
Day 2: Naya Tapru - Chanderkhani Pass | 9 Kms Trek
Today after breakfast we start our trek towards Chanderkhani Pass. Much of the hike today is through the forest and alpine meadows. A splendid hike takes us to the Chanderkhani pass and offers amazing views of Dhauladhar range, Parvati valley and Malana valley with a striking view of Deo Tibba from 3600mts. After spending some quality time at the top, we head back to Naya Tapru, where we camp for the night.
Day 3: Naya Tapru - Rumsu – Manali | 4 Kms Trek
After the breakfast, we start trekking towards Rumsu which will take us about 2 hours. On reaching Rumsu we board our jeeps and head back to Manali.
- Camping Equipment
- Services of a Trek Leader
- All meals (veg) on trek as per menu on the trek
- Services of Trek Guide, cook and helpers
- Porters or mules for carrying common luggage
- Dome/Alpine Tents, Sleeping Bags, Sleeping Mats
- Facility to keep you extra luggage at the Reporting Base Camp
- Forest Entry/Permissions/Permits and Camping Charges, if any
- Experienced & Professional Guides, First Aid and Certification on Completion.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 30 days
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
This trek is considered to be a doable trek for kids in the aged between 8 to 12 years. Kids who otherwise also have an active lifestyle like sports on daily basis.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 4490 Per Person