Bagini Glacier trek
- A journy to the Bagini Glacier Base camp at 15000 ft.
Arrive at Joshimath and Check in to the Guest House
proceed for Jumma, a picturesque village from where you would begin your trek to Bagini glacier. The journey takes an hour and is undertaken on the highway between Joshimath and Malari.
Enroute, you will pass many small hamlets of Reni, Phagti and Tapovan and the magnificent River called Dhulaiganga beauty will blind you with crystal clear waters gushing forward in rhythmic symphony. After you have reached Jumma by crossing a suspended bridge over the Dhulaiganga, you will arrive at Ruing Village. With a distance of three kms that you will cover and a few ascents here and there, the trek to this village is not tiring.
The next day begins with a trek to the Dronagiri Village that is located at a height of 11,844 feet. Bearing a deserted and haunted look, the village offers a visual contrast wherein a few kilometers back, you were nestled in lushness
and serenity, while at present, all you see is a vast expanse that shows no sign of human settlement. This village would be your camping site for the night. You can visit a temple here called Bhumial Temple if you please.
To witness two villages, one that is bestowed with all the wondrous features to makeyour minds blow like snow capped peaks, gushing and cascading waters of the rivers and streams, green rolling meadows and residents waiting to welcome the guests, and the other hamlet that lies in ruins, with no trace of life or
beauty. Wow…now that’s called a classic example of juxtaposition!
Another day starts with you having to trek towards the Bhagini Base Camp. You would have to reach a ridge ‘criss crossing’ many minor pathways to reach the bridge that is built on the Bhagini Nala. Cross over to trek on the trail that
leads all the way towards a camping site that is located bang on the shore of a fresh water stream. Rest and relax for a few hours and then begin your trek towards the Longatulli Camping Site. Stunning peaks of Hardeul and Satminal, rocky trails, fresh water streams and meandering paths are some highlights to look for when traversing your way to the main base camp at Bhagini.
Reach the base camp and then move further on the trail leading all the way to the glacier that will cover 12 kms. For this trek, you would benefit a lot if you start your joinery early in the morning.The ascent to this site is dotted with ravines and drifts to make the long journey seem less tiring. Reaching the Bhagini Glacier, you would feel as if you have landed on some other planet whose beauty cannot be measured. With peaks of Ghori, Dunagiri, Garur
and Rishi encircling the glacier, you cannot expect to witness a thing or place as grand as this. Make the trek back to the base camp to end the expedition.The peaks of Trishuli, Kalanka and Changbang will mesmerize you with their snow capped silvery mountain tops.
The trek back to the base camp and then towards Ruing village takes almost 18 kms to cover and includes the same routes that you took while on your way up. You will cross Dronagiri Village and Longatulli to arrive at the Ruing
Village where you would halt for the night.
Following the same route, you would reach Jummna Village from Ruing. Once here, you would take a road trip to reach Joshimath that will be covered in three hours time. Depart for Rishikesh the same day.
- Accommodation in Hotel/ Guest house Joshimath on Day 1.
- Accommodation in tents triple sharing basis while camping during trekking.
- All meals – (All Veg Meals + Egg meals )
- Trip Leader.
- Services of an experienced and certified Mountaineer & trekking route guide.
- Cook & attendant during the trekking
- All necessary technical equipments required for the trek(Sleeping bags,Sleeping Mats, Camps)
- Camping Fees, Entry fees and Trekking Permits.These charges are different for Foreign and Indian Travellers
- Porterage fees for Carrying Kitchen/camping equipments/Luggage
- Road Transfers From Joshimath to Trek Start Point and Trek End Point to Joshimath.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.