Friendship Peak Trek
5 Nights/6 Days
3 to 16 people
- Climb the incredible Friendship peak guarding the sacred Beas Kund
Arrive at Manali and Check leave for Solang Valley.Check in to the guest house.Take out some time for Local Discovery and let your body adjust to the altitude change.
Day two Starts with a trek from Dhundhi to Bakarthach. Though there is a road heading to Dhundhi, the trek provides the necessary warm up to the body for the tougher days ahead.The trail is easy till Dhundi. Dhundhi is magical campsite just at the banks of Beas river.The Camp Site is accompanied by SASSE regional office to the north and Rohatang Tunnel work space to the left.You can spot Hanuman Tibba at distance from Dhundhi and the landscape provides enough motivation for the days ahead.
Rise up early As you reach Dhundhi, take rest for tea and refreshment.Few minutes of rest and move ahead for Bakarthach. The trek requires stamina and strength.You need to cross single stream coming down from Rohru Thach and Beas river just before Palchan Thach. As you reach the Palchan Thach, Bakarthach is a 2 hour walk.The patch from Palchan Thach to Bakarthach is a bit difficult and take around 2 hours.The patch is full of boulders and takes you just at the bootom of Hanuman Tibba Glacier.The views are incredible.
This is the day when your climbing actually starts.Lady Leg is to the right of Bakarthach and is a gallery coming down from the Friendship Peak.Its resemblance to the leg of a lady has given its name.It takes 3-5 hours of climbing to reach Lady Leg Campsite.Rest for the day and give your body time to acclimatize.
Today is a rest day and will be utilised mostly for the acclimatisation process.
Day 6 at midnight start your ascent to the peak.The peak looks easy as a cake walk. The first patch looks more like a flat land, but requires ample strength to reach a point from where the ridge climbing starts.This is part is a technical climb and requires front crampining at certain points.
It usually takes 6 hours to climb the peak.Start descending by 6 am.
Reach Lady leg and start your journey back to Solang Valley.
Depart for Delhi by Evening Volvo
- Accommodation in camps during trekking.
- All Meals while on trek (Veg)(Breakfast+packed Lunch+Dinner)
- Cook & attendant during the trekking.
- Trekking equipment (Dinning tent+Sleeping bags+Toilet tent+Kitchen tents+Crampons+ice axes,ropes,Harness etc.)
- Safety equipment (first aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, stretcher, etc.)
- Camping fee, Environmental charges and Trek Fees.
- Certified Mountaineering Guide for the ascent
- To and fro Volvo bus transfers from Delhi to Manali and Manali to Delhi
- All Road Transfers from Manali to Solang Valley and Solang Valley to Manali.
- Service Ta of 9% as per updated Government Regulations
- Any airfare / Bus fare / train fare or airport tax apart from mentioned in the cost inclusion column.
- Meals other then mentioned in cost inclusion
- Trekking Shoes and clothing and other items of personal belonging.
- Any kind of insurance, Medical evacuation charges, Travel insurance, repatriation charges, Damages/ claims of any nature, Expenses of personal nature like telephone calls, Laundry, Any kind of hard or soft drinks.
- Any kind of personal clothing
- Any other expense not mentioned in the cost inclusion column.
- Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides , road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control.
- Personal porter to carry Luggage
Question 1- Is this Trek Safe for Amateurs
Some Degree of Fitness is required to Complete this trek. An experience into High Altitude Trekking Expeditions is required and can safely complete this trek with in the designated time.
Question 2- What is the maximum Altitude Covered
The maximum altitude covered during the trek is 17000 ft.(Friend Ship Peak)
Question 3- What other peaks will be spotted during the climb.(Important)
1- Priyadarshini Peak( 7 Sister Peaks)
2- Hanuman Tibba
4- Makharve and Shikharve
6- Manali peak
7- ladakhi peak
Question 4 -How will we deal with altitude acclimation?At higher altitudes
The kind we experience frequently on our treks- your cardiac and pulmonary systems are affected by lower oxygen density. Our bodies must adjust to the mountain elevation gradually, or we can become ill. Physical symptoms can range from general breathing difficulties all the way to acute mountain sickness (altitude sickness, soroche, or "the bends"). To avoid altitude-related maladies, we pace our treks appropriately and incorporate acclimatization days throughout the itinerary. There are points throughout many treks during which trekkers may choose to either tackle additional hikes/day trips or rest and relax as their bodies demand.
Question 5 -How do I Manali
Manali being one of the busiest hill station in India is well connected from Delhi by Volvo bus service
Question 6-What communication options exist while trekking?
What communication options exist while trekking?
It varies. Mobile coverage is expanding around the world rapidly, and the Himalayas are no different… did you know that 3G coverage is available all over Mount Everest? There is no guarantee of uninterrupted coverage
Case 1- Cancellation from Customer's end
- 30% of the deposit amount if cancelled 30 days prior to trip start date.
- 50% of the deposit amount if cancelled 20 days prior to trip start date.
- 90% of the Full amount if cancelled 10 days prior to trip start date.
Case 2- Cancellation due to Natural Contingency,Political Turmoil, Disaster
No Money will be Refunded in this case.