Bijli Mahadev Trek, Rafting & Riverside Camping in Kullu
Looking for a weekend get-away from Delhi and not sure where to go, what to do?
This trip including Trekking + Rafting + Camping + Adventure Activities in Kullu is the perfect weekend getaway trip that you would find. We take care of all your transportation, stay, meals and adventure activities, all you have to do is do the booking and pack your bags (keep them light).
- Stay at Riverside Camps in Kullu.
- Trek to Bijli Mahadev and get amazing views of Kullu Valley and Parvati Valley.
- Indulge in adventure activities like Rafting, Tree Line Rope Activities - Burma Bridge, Tyre swing, Swinging ladder, Balancing Rope and Bamboo Bridge.
Kullu is an important tourist destination in Himachal Pradesh. Kullu lies on the banks of Beas River at an altitude of 4000 ft above sea level. It was once termed as Kulanthpitha which means “The end of the Habitable Land." Kullu is wrapped by the Pir Panjal, Lower Himalayan, and Great Himalayan ranges. Its pine and deodar forests, flowering meadows, meandering Beas river, rocky ridges, and apple orchards make a tourist spellbound and wanting to come back for more.
Bijili Mahadev Temple is located across River Beas at an altitude of 2498 m above sea level. Lord Shiva presides here in the form of Shiv Ling. Tourists should cover the 3 km by trekking to reach this temple. The 60 feet high staff of this temple glitters when watched from distance.
Day 1: Kullu - Adventure activities
- After your arrival in Kullu, you will have to check in to the riverside camps in Kullu by 10:00 am.
- Post lunch you may go for the White River Rafting or Rock Climbing/Rappelling.
- One of the most popular and exciting water sports one can experience in Kullu is River Rafting. The sport has become quite popular among water sports lovers and adventure enthusiasts.
- There are several amazing rafting areas to be explored in Kullu, attracting thousands of people from all parts of the world.
- Also popular as white water rafting is available in Kullu covers (7km/35-45 Minutes in Raft). The rising and falling on the surface of the water with the support of a designed inflated boat called raft offers an amazing lifetime experience. Adore the passing prettiness of nature and rejuvenate your mind and soul.
- Moreover, it is necessary that one should possess high-level energy and stamina to capture the shakes of coming waves. Indulging in river rafting in Kullu is not advisable during monsoon and extreme winters.
- Activities at the Camp will include the Tree Line Rope Activities - Burma Bridge, Tyre swing, Swinging ladder, Balancing Rope and Bamboo Bridge and Outdoor Games.
- You will enjoy evening tea and light snacks at the campsite, post which dinner and overnight stay arrangements will be made.
Day 2: Trek to Bijli Mahadev
- On the second day, you may check out from Kullu Riverside Camps after the breakfast.
- You will be transferred to the start point of the trek to Bijli Mahadev which is approx. 25 km drive.
- You will start the trek to Bijli Mahadev from where you can see both the Kullu Valley and Parvati Valley together. Walk through the woodland and then enter the wide grass field which leads to Bijli Mahadev temple.
- The view of Kullu and Parvati valley from the top will leave you breathless. You will be amazed to see the confluence of Parvati and Beas River from the top; it is worth capturing in your camera.
- After spending some amazing time with the majestic beauty of the mountains, trek down to the Chansari Village, from where the driver will pick you up and drop you off at Kullu.
- Your trek ends there, continue to your onward journey.
- Meals (1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch & 1 Dinner at Kullu Riverside Camps)
- Overnight Stay at Kullu Riverside Camps on twin/triple sharing basis
- Camps & Local Guides, White Water Rafting 7 Kms & Activities at the Camp: Tree Line Rope Activities - Burma Bridge, Tyre swing, Swinging ladder, Balancing Rope and Bamboo Bridge and Outdoor Games
- Return Transfers to Bijli Mahadev Trekking point
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Manali is well connected with Delhi and Chandigarh. Best way to reach Kullu or Manali is via overnight bus from Delhi/Chandigarh. You can take semi-sleeper Volvo AC buses or normal sleeper buses. The bus journey take 11-13 hours to reach Kullu and a further 1 hour to reach Manali. Tickets should be booked online. We suggest you choose government run buses such as HPTDC and HRTC as they are seldom late and run as per schedule.
2 travellers found this helpful
An expert qualified Trek leader is assigned to lead every trek. Along with support staff, guides, cooks and porters accompany you during the trek. Post booking all details including trip coordinator details are shared on booking voucher on email and app.
3 travellers found this helpful
You would need to withdraw any money you need before the start of the trek. ATM facilities are available throughout Kullu and Manali. But you will not find any ATM beyond these places.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3800 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.