Bhrigu Lake Trek From Kolang
Looking forward to trek to a high altitude glacial lake? Though most of the high altitude lakes require at least 4-5 days of trekking, Bhrigu Lake which is just a 2 days trek away from Manali. Located at a height of 4,300 meters (14,100 ft), Bhrigu Lake is a high altitude lake in Himachal Pradesh.
Bhrigu Lake trek is to the east of Rohtang pass in Manali and is an ideal destination for all the nature lovers. Amidst the trek you can see fabulous views of Manali and Solang Valley; a walk over snow-covered path (in winters) till you reach the camp.
The best part of the trek is the changing colour, shape, and texture of the Bhrigu meadows, but it stays with you till your destination that is the beautiful Bhrigu Lake, which is definitely a rare opportunity. In the night, at the campsite when there is peace all around, you can see the sky full of stars such that the stars are visible more than the sky. You can endeavour this kind of celestial view only from a vast open ground from an altitude of around 11,000ft.
Why Choose This?
- No Hidden Charges: All inclusive price with no hassle of paying on multiple occasions during the trip
- Daily Availability: Guaranteed departure for even a Single member
- Changing Facility: a Free facility for changing and keeping your extra luggage at the reporting location
- Personalized Care: Small batch sizes for individual focus
- Part Payment: Reserve spot with booking amount, Pay balance online later
Day 1: Report at Kolang - Trek to Mori Thatch | 6 Kms, 5 Hrs Trek
Report by 10:00 am at Kolang and trek starts at 11:00 am from here. After crossing the Nallah Wooden Bridge, you will reach the camping site is another 3-4 hours of the hike away. Mori Thatch is a scenic campsite surrounded by mountains on three sides which gives an excellent protection from winds. Mori Thatch is a great camping site for the trekkers where there will be water source flows very near to the camping ground.
The trail to Mori Thatch is fairly easy and take roughly 3-4 hours to reach. We cross two Himalayan streams - Chor Nallah and Kohli Nallah on way. Mori Thatch is a beautiful place offering stunning views of the whole Solang Valley. Overnight stay in tents at Mori Thatch Camping Site.
Day 2: Mori Thatch - Bhrigu Lake - Mori Thatch (14,000 ft) | 12 Kms, 9 Hrs
Start the day early and right after breakfast we will begin trekking towards Bhrigu Lake. It takes 3 hours to reach Bhrigu. Our guys will carry packed lunch for you and have it on the lakeside. Strictly there should be no littering around the lake. As per the locals, Rishi Bhrigu meditated and used to take bath in the holy water of that lake. After lunch, we will trek downhill to Mori Thatch campsite and then relax for the rest of the day.
After breakfast, we will trek back to Kolang from Mori Thach. Our trek will end here.
- Camping in tents on twin/triple sharing basis
- Sleeping Bags and Sleeping Mats
- Nutritious food - All meals during the trek (the usual menu is veg, Eggs/Canned meat can be provided on special request)
- Experienced & Professional Trek Leader/Guides, First Aid.
- Services of a Cook and Support Staff
- Porters or mules to carry common luggage
- Facility to keep you extra luggage at the Reporting Base Camp
- Forest Entry Permits and Camping Charges, if any
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Bhrigu Lake Trek is a good option for both beginners and experienced trekkers. For first time trekkers it is a little challenging but still a great introduction to trekking. Bhrigu Lake Trek is a good weekend trek for experienced trekkers who would love the amazing views on this trek.
47 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3980 Per Person