Bhrigu Lake Trek From Kolang
Looking forward to trek to a high altitude glacial lake? Though most of the high altitude lakes require at least 4-5 days of trekking, Bhrigu Lake which is just a 3-day trek away from Manali. located at a height of 4,300 meters (14,100 ft), Bhrigu Lake is a high altitude lake in Himachal Pradesh.
- A perfect three-day high altitude trek to a majestic glacial lake.
- Guaranteed departure for even two members.
- No Hidden Charges: All inclusive price with no hassle of paying on multiple occasions during the trip.
- Changing Facility: A free facility for changing and keeping your extra luggage at the reporting location.
- Personalized Care: Small batch sizes for individual focus.
- Part Payment: Reserve spot with booking amount, Pay balance online later.
Bhrigu Lake trek is to the east of Rohtang pass in Manali and is an ideal destination for all the nature lovers. Amidst the trek you can see fabulous views of Manali and Solang Valley; a walk over snow-covered path (in winters) till you reach the camp.
The best part of the trek is the changing colour, shape, and texture of the Bhrigu meadows, but it stays with you till your destination that is the beautiful Bhrigu Lake, which is definitely a rare opportunity. In the night, at the campsite when there is peace all around, you can see the sky full of stars such that the stars are visible more than the sky. You can endeavour this kind of celestial view only from a vast open ground from an altitude of around 11,000ft.
Day 1: Report at Kolang, Manali by 10:00 am and Trek to Mori Thatch | 6 KM / 5 Hours Trek
- You will have to report by 10:00 am at Kolang and trek starts at 11:00 am from here. After crossing the Nallah Wooden Bridge, you will reach the camping site which will be a hike of 3-4 hours.
- Mori Thatch is a scenic campsite surrounded by mountains on three sides which gives excellent protection from winds and the site also has a water source which flows close to it.
- The trail to Mori Thatch is fairly easy and takes roughly 3-4 hours to reach. You will be crossing two Himalayan streams - Chor Nallah and Kohli Nallah on the way.
- You will be staying overnight in the tents at Mori Thatch Camping Site.
Day 2: Trek from Mori Thatch to Bhrigu Lake and trek back to Mori Thatch (14,000 ft) | 12 KM / 9 Hours Trek
- On the second day, start the day early and right after breakfast, you will begin trekking towards Bhrigu Lake.
- It takes 3 hours to reach Bhrigu. The support staff will carry packed lunch for you, you may have it on the lakeside. Strictly there should be no littering around the lake.
- As per the locals, Rishi Bhrigu meditated and used to take bath in the holy water of that lake.
- After lunch, you will be trekking downhill to Mori Thatch campsite and then relax for the rest of the day.
- On Day 3, after breakfast, you will trek back to Kolang from Mori Thach.
- Your trek will end here at Kolang.
- Camping in tents on twin/triple sharing basis
- Sleeping Bags and Sleeping Mats
- Nutritious food - All meals during the trek (the usual menu is veg, Eggs/Canned meat can be provided on special request)
- Experienced & Professional Trek Leader/Guides, First Aid.
- Services of a Cook and Support Staff
- Porters or mules to carry common luggage
- Facility to keep you extra luggage at the Reporting Base Camp
- Forest Entry Permits and Camping Charges, if any
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Bhrigu Lake Trek is a good option for both beginners and experienced trekkers. For first time trekkers it is a little challenging but still a great introduction to trekking. Bhrigu Lake Trek is a good weekend trek for experienced trekkers who would love the amazing views on this trek.
47 travellers found this helpful
Manali is well connected with Delhi and Chandigarh. Best way to reach Kullu or Manali is via overnight bus from Delhi/Chandigarh. You can take semi-sleeper Volvo AC buses or normal sleeper buses. The bus journey take 11-13 hours to reach Kullu and a further 1 hour to reach Manali. Tickets should be booked online. We suggest you choose government run buses such as HPTDC and HRTC as they are seldom late and run as per schedule.
2 travellers found this helpful
An expert qualified Trek leader is assigned to lead every trek. Along with support staff, guides, cooks and porters accompany you during the trek. Post booking all details including trip coordinator details are shared on booking voucher on email and app.
3 travellers found this helpful
No, you do not need to buy any advanced snow shoes for this trek. All you require are a good pair of trekking shoes. You can opt for water resistant trekking shoes. Do carry along sufficient number of spare socks. Woolen socks are optional though.
2 travellers found this helpful
You would need to withdraw any money you need before the start of the trek. ATM facilities are available throughout Kullu and Manali. But you will not find any ATM beyond these places.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.