This temple is dedicated to Lord Muruga (Lord Skanda). Lord Muruga is son of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati. This temple is located between Ekambeswarar Temple and Kamatchi Amman Temple. Kachiappa Shivacharya wrote the SkandaPuranam in this temple in 16th century. Inside the sanctum sanctorum, Lord Muruga is seated between Lord Shiva to his left and Goddess Parvati to his right (Somskanda Posture). The current structure of the temple was built in 1915. There are various beliefs regarding this temple. Lord Muruga himself corrected the manuscripts written by Kachiappa Shivacharya and submitted in front of him every evening. Also Lord Murugan disguised as small boy and lead Pamban Swamigal to Kumarakottam Temple.