Ghumli , Porbandar
The place Ghumli is situated on the foothills of Barda Hills, 35 km from the heart of Porabandar. King Sal built the ancient town in the 7th century. It is also known Bhumli. The temple served as the capital of the Jewtha Dynasty. The main attraction of this place is the sun temple named as Naulakha, built in the 8the century. Another major place to visit is VikaiVav, which is the largest step well in the state of Gujarat. The entire town had been ruined when Sindhi Prince, Jadeja Jam Barmaniyaji had attacked the town in 1313. The Archaeological Survey of India and Government of India has initiated a number of efforts to restore the lost glory of the town.