Lamkhaga Pass Trek
- Region: Garhwal Himalayas of Uttarakhand
- Duration: 10 days
- Grade: Tough to Challenging
- Group size: 6 minimum to 10 maximum
- Maximum Altitude: 5284 meters
- Best Season: May to October
Day 01: Shimla – Chitkul
Day 02: Chitkul – Nagasthi – Rani Kanda
Day 03: Acclimatization day
Day 04: Rani Kanda - Dumti
Day 05: Dumti - Gundar
Day 06: Gundar – Lamkhaga Pass Base Camp
Day 07: Lamkhaga Pass Base Camp – Base camp II
Day 08: Base camp II – Lamkhaga Pass – Base camp III
Day 09: Base camp III - Kyorkati
Day 10: Kyorkati - Harsil
Day 1: Shimla – Chitkul
Reception at Shimla and drive from Shimla to Chitkul via Kufri and Narkanda after breakfast. Dinner and overnight stay in Chitkul in guest house/ village home stay.
Day 2: Chitkul – Nagasthi – Rani Kanda
Chitkul is the last village in Baspa valley and is located on the true right bank of the river. The valley of Sangla is 26 kms from Chitkul and is very beautiful and one of the best in Kinnaur. We start the trek from Chitkul and trek up to Rani Kanda. Dinner and overnight stay in tents in Rani Kanda.
Day 3: Acclimatization day
Today we take rest in Rani Kanda and acclimatize ourselves. We can relax and explore the surroundings.
Day 4: Rani Kanda – Dumti
Today we trek through and cascading waterfalls and flowery meadows to reach Dumti. Dinner and overnight stay in tents in Dumti.
Day 5: Dumti – Gundar
Start the day from Dumti and trek upto Gundar. We follow the Baspa River all along and cross several small streams along the way to reach Gundar.
Day 6: Gundar – Lamkhaga Pass Base Camp
It could be a tough day depending upon the snow conditions and so an early start is recommended. The climb is steep and may require some technical gear. Dinner and overnight stay in tents at the base camp.
Day 7: Lamkhaga Pass Base Camp – Base camp II (Kinnaur)
Today we trek from the base camp to the base camp II on the Kinnaur side. The climb is steep and on snow. We start early because at times it might take longer than expected.
Day 8: Base camp II (Kinnaur) – Lamkhaga Pass – Base camp III (Gangotri)
Today we start our final ascent to the Lamkhaga Pass and we cross the mountain pass and get over to the base camp on the Gangotri side. The climb is steep and might require technical gear.
Day 9: Base camp III (Gangotri) – Kyorkati
Today we descend down from the base camp to Kyorkati at the mouth of the glacier which is a meadow. We pitch our tents here and camp for the night.
Day 10: Kyorkati – Harsil
The final leg of the trek is through very beautiful and through thick forests, numerous waterfalls and unnamed streams. We finally reach Harsil and rest for the night in village homestays or tents. Next morning we depart for Uttarkashi.
- All arrangements for overnight stays during the trip in homestay or Camps
- All stays and lodging on twin sharing basis shall be provided.
- Food during the trek - Breakfast, Lunch, Evening tea and Dinner. (Vegetarian food)
- Special trained certified guides trained for emergency situations
- Local guides and workers with in-depth knowledge about the local area.
- It will be a cultural and traditional experience as all stays will be mostly in villages.
- One luggage per person will be transported by us.
- Permits and transportation during the trip
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Camera fees during the trek
- Any other costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances and situation beyond our control
- 100% refund if cancelled before 30 days
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Shimla ISBT , Tutikandi.
₹ 32000 Per Person