Muziris Cultural Tour From Kochi
Get yourself acquainted with the array of faiths and the history of the glory days of Malabar Coast. Muziris is the name of an ancient port city trading spices, silk, and precious stones to Rome, Greece, Egypt, etc. Enriched by these trade contacts, Muziris became a melting pot of world cultures. Century-old buildings reflecting Dutch and British architecture, Palaces of the local kings, old mosques, a synagogue and the one thing sure to expect from such a place, a vibrant culture!
- Explore Kochi with an experienced guide
- Local cuisine
- Cultural tour
- The chauffeur will pick up the guests from the hotel at 9:00 am & we will start the tour by Old Synagogue of the Malabar Jews in Chennanmangalam and Paravoor.
- We will visit a palace ‘Paliam Kovilakam’ inspired by Dutch and Kerala architecture. The Palace was the residence of the Paliath Achans, prime ministers to the Rajas of the State of Kochi.
- Next, we will visit
- New the Cheraman Juma Masjid: The first mosque in India, built after the Chera king of Kerala met the Prophet, Muhammad.
- Walk around the interesting local market & we will have a lunch at a local restaurant at your own expenses.
- Later, proceed to visit Hindu temple Kodungalloor Bhagavathi which is dedicated to goddess Bhadrakali.
- We also visit Pattnam museum located where recent archaeological excavations have revealed evidence of early Roman trade with India.
- Finally the last stop at the Kottakavu Church of the Syrian Christian community of Kerala believed to be one of the seven original churches established by the Apostle St. Thomas.
- At last the driver will drop the guests back to the hotel
- English speaking guide for the whole tour
- Private guided tour
- Hotel pick-up & drop
- Activities as per mentioned in the itinerary
- Entrances fees