Tarsar Marsar Trek From Srinagar
Day 01: Arrival Srinagar - Pahalgam - Aru
Meet upon arrival & drive to drive to Pahalgam, which is 90 km from Srinagar. From Pahalgam, we shall drive to Aru Valley and stay overnight here.
Day 2: Trek from Aru (7,958 ft) to Lidderwat (9,131 ft); 6 hours, 10 km
We shall start trekking after the breakfast. The trek will be from Aru Valley to Lidderwat via pine forests and lush meadows along the stream known as Right Lidder River. Overnight stay at Lidderwat.
Day 3: Lidderwat (9,131 ft) to Shekwas (11,039 ft); 5 hours, 5.6 km
On the 3rd day, we will start our trek from PDA huts, alongside the Lidder River that will take us to the pine forest. There will also be the thrill of river crossing on this day. The last leg for the day’s trek would be a steeper ascent as we gain altitude and enter a silver birch forest. We will be camping at Shekiwas for the night, which is a verdant meadow land.
Day 4: Shekwas (11,039 ft) to Tarsar (12,449 ft); 4 hours, 5 km
We will climb to reach the Tarsar Lake. The view along the way is beautiful, full of numerous wildflowers. We will stop here to relax in the shade of the surrounding Alpine trees and breathe in some of those heady fragrances.
Day 5: Tarsar (12,449 ft) to Sundersar (12,946 ft); 5 hours, 5 km
This would be the most challenging and exciting day of the trek as we would cross the Tarsar Pass at an altitude of 13,500 feet. We would be covering a distance of 5 km in approximately 5-6 hours. It would start with a steep descent followed by a steady descent and then a gentle ascent.
Day 6: Visit Marsar (13,201 ft), go to Homwas (11,500 ft); 7 hours, 9 km
Today we would start with a steady ascent to Marsar and then descend back and we will reach Homwas and we will stop at Homwas.
Day 7: Homwas (11,500 ft) to Aru (7,958 ft); 6 hours, 13 km. Drive to Srinagar.
Today the trail goes downhill and it is a quick descent. You will see the pine forests of Lidderwat that you had seen on day one of your trek in a whole new light. After getting some rest at Lidderwat, you head for Aru. It is a 10 km walk from Lidderwat to Aru. This takes around 4 hours to cover. Stop for lunch en-route, you are expected to reach Aru by 4 in the evening. Vehicles will be arranged from Aru to Srinagar. You will reach Srinagar between 7-8 pm.
Day 8: Checkout from the houseboat in Srinagar
After the breakfast, bid farewell to your trek mates. Your trip end today.
- Meeting & assistance on arrival transfer
- 06 Nights accommodation in above mentioned Houseboat or camping
- Daily breakfast, Pack lunch & dinner only
- Tents on twin sharing basis
- Houseboat Triple Sharing Basis.
- Camping Charges
- Sleeping bags and carry mats and all other camping equipment.
- Nutritious, high-calorie food will be served (the Usual menu is veg, however, can carry/provide eggs or canned meat if important)
- Services of a Trek Leader, cook and camp helpers
- Porters or mules for carrying common luggage
- Dome/Alpine Tents, Sleeping Bags, Sleeping Mats
- Facility to keep you extra luggage at the Reporting Base Camp
- Forest Entry/Permissions/Permits and Camping Charges, if any
- Experienced & Professional Guides, First Aid.
- Pick up and drop from Srinagar.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 13500 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.