Gangabal trek starts Srinagar city and cutting and goes via beautiful locations like Sonmarg, Krishansar, Nichinai, Dubta Pani and finally on to untouched Gangabal Lake. Gangabal lake is located close to the foothills of mount Haramukh (5300 Meters).
This trek can almost be done any time of the year but of course summers are preferred by trekkers.
Day 1: Arrival in Srinagar
You will be received by our coordinator at the Srinagar airport who will take you to the houseboat. Overnight stay in the houseboat.
Day 2: Srinagar - Naranag – Butsheri - Trunkhul (by car 65 kms)
After breakfast we will start our trip with drive to Narang via villages of Ganderbal. We stop to visit 9th century Buddhist temple on the way. After reaching Naranag we start trek twards Butsheri. The trail today passes through dense pine forest. Overnight stay at Trunkhol.
Day 3: Trunkhol - Gangabal
After breakfast we start trek towards our main destination of the trek the Gangabal Lake. The trek today passes through green meadows of Budpathri. Sides of the path are full of blooming flowers. Overnight camping near Gangabal Lake.
Day 4: Stay at Gangabal Lake
Today we will be free to explore area around Gangabal. We can walk to nearby Kolsar Lake and try fishing. Overnight stay at lake.
Day 5: Gangabal - Naranag - Srinagar
Today, we break camp and leave Gangabal and start trek back to Naranag. The route is same as which we cam through. After crossing meadows of Budpathri, we trek onto Trunkhol and thendescend from Butsheri to reach Naranag. From Naranag, we shall take a car ride for Srinagar. Overnight stay at houseboat.
Day 6: Departure Day
After breakfast you will be transferred to Srinagar airport. If you have late afternoon flight then you can explore Srinagar today.
- Meeting & Assistance on arrival transfer
- 05 Nights accommodation in above mentioned Houseboat or camping
- Daily breakfast, Pack lunch & dinner only
- Tents on twin sharing basis
- Houseboat triple Sharing Basis.
- Camping Charges
- Sleeping bags and carry mats and all other camping equipments.
- Nutritious, high calorie food will be served (Usual menu is veg, however can carry/provide eggs or canned meat if important)
- Services of a Trek Leader, cook and camp helpers
- Porters or mules for carrying common luggage
- Dome/Alpine Tents, Sleeping Bags, Sleeping Mats
- Facility to keep you extra luggage at the Reporting Base Camp
- Forest Entry/Permissions/Permits and Camping Charges, if any
- Experienced & Professional Guides, First Aid.
- Pick up and drop from Srinagar.
- Meals during road journeys
- Cost of any kind of travel insurance
- Any expense not specified in the inclusion list
- It does not include any airfare or transportation or extra over and above the expedition plan.
- Personal expenses of any kind.
It also does not include expenses towards medical exigencies and other emergencies, unforeseen handling costs due to weather disturbance, landslides, political unrest, changes in local unions/associations rules and situation beyond our control. However, all best possible assistance would be provided in case of exigencies.
- Srinagar airport is a day airport and closes down by 6:00 pm every day
- All tented accommodation will be on twin sharing basis
- Report at any time on Day 1, Srinagar first night accommodation in covered in the price and so is trek end night.
- Your trek will be from Srinagar airport to Srinagar Airport
- 100% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
₹ 17500 Per Person