Galle Full-Day Sightseeing Tour from Colombo
Explore the best of Galle and west coast of Sri Lanka in this private sightseeing one day tour starting from Colombo. Galle, also known as 'pearl of Indian Ocean’ is one of the beautiful cities of Sri Lanka. Galle is popular for its rich colonial heritage and well known tourist attractions.
Your day trip will start with pick-up from Colombo hotel in morning and first stop would be Kalutara Bodhiya Buddhist Temple. Its famous for its imposing domed pagoda. Next stop would the Beruwala Beach, which is one of Sri Lanka's most beautiful beaches. Next we drive to Kosgoda to visit the Turtle hatchery to see these gentle creatures. You can spend time seeing and understanding how turtle eggs are saved from beaches and hatchery is helping in conservation of this species.
From here we drive to Ambalangoda where you will visit the traditional mask making factory. Take a short break for lunch at a local restaurant, and then we drive to Hikkaduwa Beach, another famous beach of West coast. You can go for a swim or try snorkeling (not included) to check out the colorful marine life under water.
Finally we drive to city of Galle. The old city built by Portuguese colonists in the 16th century, with its wonderful collection of Dutch-colonial buildings, Classic architecture melds with a dramatic tropical setting to create a reality that is endlessly interesting. Galle Lighthouse stands on the fort’s southeast tip. Its glories have earned the status as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. After visiting these places, you'll head back to Colombo and get dropped off at your hotel.
- Have a fun filled day exploring city of Galle and main attractions on West Coast of Sri Lanka
- Visit Kalutara Bodhiya temple, famous for its huge domed pagoda
- Experience pristine beaches and deep blue waters at country's most beautiful beaches, Beruwala Beach
- Visit the Turtle Hatchery in Kosgoda and traditional mask making factory in Ambalangoda
- Explore the 300-year old Dutch Fort, Galle light house, and other Dutch-style buildings in the old town of Galle
- 6:30 to 7:15am: The tour starts with your hotel pick-up from Colombo or Mount Lavinia
- 8:30am: Arrive at the beautiful Kalutara Bodhiya Buddhist temple
- 9:00am: Drive for a quick stop at Beruwala Beach, one of Sri Lanka's most beautiful beaches
- 11:00am: Arrive at the Turtle hatchery in Kosgoda
- 12:00pm: Visit Ambalangoda and take a tour of mask making factory
- 12:30-1:30pm: Enjoy a traditional lunch at a local restaurant (At your own cost)
- 1:30pm: Drive to Hikkaduwa Beach and relax, go for a quick swim or try snorkeling (at your own expense)
- 3:30pm: Reach Galle and explore 300-year old Dutch fort, Lighthouse and other Dutch-style buildings
- 5:30pm approx: Head back towards the city of Colombo
- 7:30pm: Finish the tour and arrive back at your hotel in Colombo
- Roundtrip Transportation in Private Air Conditioned vehicle (Car or Van)
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off
- Service of an English Speaking Chauffeur Guide
- All Parking and Highway Toll charges where applicable
- 2 complimentary bottles of 500ml mineral water per person
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 8175.35 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.