Muthurajawela Sanctuary Bird Watching Tour
Go on a bird watching tour through the Muthurajawela Wetland known as the main bird watching destination in Sri Lanka. Also called as the Swamp of Royal Treasure this place is filled with variety of flora and fauna due to the coastal ecosystem. This wetland is located at the southern end of Negombo lagoon. Ride on a boat through the thick mangrove forest into the middle of the river where you get to see several varieties of migratory and indigenous birds. One can also spot animals like the baby crocodiles and the fiddler crabs.
- Ride a boat around the Muthurajawela wetlands
- Spot birdlife, crocodiles and flora
- You will be picked up from your hotel in Negombo for a tour riding a TukTuk to Muthurajawela Wetland, and a bird watching tour by boat.
- Your TukTuk is a very typical form of public transport, part of the everyday street scene. On the TukTuk, you can sit and stretch out, protected from the sun, and rain, and with a great breeze.
- You will soon arrive at Muturajawela wetland marine sanctuary, famous for its mangroves, salt water crocodiles and avi fauna. You will take a boat ride through the vast Negombo lagoon. Extending over 6,000 acres and over 29,000, and rumored to provide home to over 40 species of migratory and 85 indigenous bird species. Mangrove forests that line the footpath are great places to observe birds as well as baby crocodiles and fiddler crabs.
- On completion of this visit, your TukTuk rider will take you back to the hotel.
- Pickup and drop-off by TukTuk in Negombo
- Boat Safari
- Light Refreshments
- Local Guide
- All handling charges
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 2443.21 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.