Chennai Full Day Cultural Tour
It is a great idea to take a day off and hop on to the Chennai full day cultural tour. To make it more interesting, you will be accompanied by a professional guide who will take you through temples, cathedrals, traditional neighbourhood and remains of British era.
A visit to beautiful and culturally rich Mylapore.
Tour of the magnificent Kapaleeswar Temple.
Visit the San Thome Basilica, Ramakrishna Math the monastic organization and Fort St George.
Also visit St Mary’s Church, the oldest Anglican Church of India.
Witness a quaint museum rich with relics of the colonial times.
Company of an experienced guide to give you detailed insights.
Everyone needs a break, and if you are in search of a nice spot to have a break, then you must consider this Chennai full-day cultural tour. To add to the attractions is the company of a professional guide to give you deep insights about the rich culture of the city. In this tour, you will explore the small cultural hub - Mylapore, 7.4 km to the city of Chennai in Tamil Nadu. It is an affluent, traditional neighbourhood with a number of sacred sites and cultural venues. Mylapore was occupied by the Portuguese in the 16th century and later fell into the hands of the British till India’s independence in 1947. To know more, avail this tour package and let the knowledge flow!
- Our tour guide will meet you at 7:00 am and pick you up to commence the culture tour of Chennai.
- We head towards Mylapore an ancient residential neighbourhood of Chennai and a cultural hot spot today. Its history goes back to Roman times when it used to trade pepper and fine cloth with Rome for Gold!.
- We start the tour with breakfast in a traditional restaurant where the owner himself cooks! It is a fantastic way to begin the Mylapore experience.
- Post your breakfast, you will be visiting the magnificent Kapaleeshwar temple.
- Built in the 7th century this temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. Built-in Dravidian style architecture it has a towering “Gopuram”. You can expect a mesmerizing experience of rituals and serenity inside the temple.
- From 11 am to 12 pm you will be visiting the famous San Thome Basilica, the principal church of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Madras and Mylapore. Built-in neo-gothic style, it was built by the Portuguese explorers in the 16th century.
- Post this tour lunch will be organized at a legendary South Indian cuisine marquee restaurant.
- From 2 pm to 3 pm, the culture tour of Chennai will take you to a unique monastic organization called Ramakrishna Math, dedicated to Sri Ramakrishna the 19th-century saint.
- You will also get to see the universal temple, the shrine, a beautiful Mantapam, a multimedia museum and an enchanting library.
- From 3 pm to 4 pm the last leg of this tour will take you to Fort Saint George, the first English Fortress built in 1644 by the East India Company.
- You will visit the St Mary’s Church, the oldest Anglican Church of India.
- Another interesting structure to be visited here is the Wellesley house, which has a banquet hall holding some rare paintings. You will also visit a quaint museum rich with relics of the colonial times.
- At 5 pm you will be dropped back at your hotel.
- All transportation in a private air-conditioned vehicle
- Driver and fuel charges
- All parking and toll charges
- Service of a professional guide.
- Any entrance charges to the monuments.
- Pick up and drop off at the hotel in Chennai.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3500 Per Person
Similar Exciting Activities
Also viewed by other travellers
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.