Srinagar-Leh-Manali Bike Trip via Turtuk
An 11-day biking adventure tour through one of the toughest yet beautiful landscapes of Kashmir valley in Srinagar, cold desert of Leh-Ladakh and the lush green Kullu valley of Himachal Pradesh.
- No Hidden Costs: All inclusive price with no hassle of paying on multiple occasions during the trip.
- Fixed Departures: Departure available for even a single person on the available dates.
- Comfortable Stays: All accommodations during the ride in comfortable hotels and deluxe camps. All with attached washroom.
- Bike Rent and Fuel: For rented bike options, bike rent, as well as fuel, is included in the price.
- All Permits and Fees: No hassle of paying permit fees, entry fees or wildlife fees during your ride. It's all included in the price.
- Royal Enfield 500 cc bikes for the ride.
Route: Srinagar - Sonmarg - Kargil - Batalik - Leh - Nubra - Turtuk - Pangong - Tangste- Tso Moriri - Sarchu - Keylong - Manali
Hidden over high passes in an arid, largely treeless rain shadow, Ladakh is classic Trans Himalayan scenery: huge khaki-coloured valleys and harsh rock walls brought alive by the occasional splash of irrigated green. Traditional Tibetan Buddhist culture remains intact here, with spectacularly located monasteries that burst into life during medieval masked dance festivals that have changed little in 500 years. For travellers, there's a bit of everything – epic treks, sparkling high-altitude mountain lakes and a well-developed backpacker infrastructure based around the capital, Leh.
Day 1: Report in Srinagar and travel to Sonmarg
Day 2: Ride from Sonmarg to Batalik via Kargil I 120 km I 4-5 hours
Day 3: Ride from Batalik to Leh I 220 km I 6-7 hours
Day 4: Ride from Leh to Nubra Valley I 160 km I 5-6 hours
Day 5: Ride from Nubra Valley to Turtuk and back I 310 km I 8-9 hours
Day 6: Ride from Nubra Valley to Pangong Lake, Stay at Tangste I 200 km I 6-7 hours
Day 7: Ride from Pangong Lake to Tso Moriri I 290 km I 8-9 hours
Day 8: Ride from Tso Moriri to Sarchu I 230 km I 7-8 hours
Day 9: Ride from Sarchu to Keylong I 100 km I 4-5 hours
Day 10: Ride from Keylong to Manali I 120 km I 4-5 hours
Day 11: Checkout from Manali
Day 1: Report in Srinagar and travel to Sonmarg
- All the members are required to report till at the Tourist Reception Centre near Srinagar Airport by 2:00 pm, the representative from the coordinating team will meet you here.
- Post the meet and greet you will be transferred to Sonmarg by a Tempo Traveller and you will be staying overnight in Sonmarg.
Day 2: Ride from Sonmarg to Batalik via Kargil | 120 km | 4-5 hours
- After breakfast, members will be allocated bikes as per their booking.
- The ride starts from Sonmarg also known as the Meadow of Gold.
- You ride across the famous Zojila pass, Drass Village (2nd coldest inhabited place in the world) to reach Kargil at the end of the day.
- Arrive in Batalik by the evening, you will be staying overnight in Batalik.
Day 3: Ride from Batalik to Leh | 220 km | 6-7 hours
- Leave Batalik after breakfast and the group rides together towards Leh.
- You will be visiting the Mulbek, Giant Living Buddha Sculpture on Rock Mountain, Lamayuru, one of the oldest Monasteries of Ladakh and enjoy the view of Moon Landscape, Magnetic Hill, Pathar Sahib Gurudwara and Hall of Fame museum.
- You will reach Leh by evening and be staying overnight in Leh.
Day 4: Ride from Leh to Nubra Valley | 160 km | 5-6 hours
- Today you will take the road to the highest motorable pass in the world - Khardung-La, at 18,380 feet.
- In spite of the altitude, today you will be riding on some of the smoothest roads so far and the landscapes become grand.
- After a small celebration at the Khardung-La pass, you will descend into the dramatically different landscape of the Nubra valley.
- The overnight accommodation will be arranged in Swiss camps in Nubra Valley.
Day 5: Ride from Nubra Valley to Turtuk and back to Nubra Valley | 310 km | 8-9 hours
- Explore the unexplored, after a nice warm breakfast, you will ride your Royal Enfields towards Turtuk.
- Turtuk was under Pakistan's control until 1971 post which India gained control of this strategic area and on the way, you will get mesmerizing views of a beautiful Shyok Valley.
- Favours for apricots, silk and folk dance, Turtuk is the last village before the Line of Control. After Exploring Turtuk you will ride back towards your Nubra.
- In the latter half of the tour, you will ride the sand dunes of Nubra into Hunder and enjoy the double hump Bactrian camel safari into the dunes.
- Overnight stay will be at Nubra Valley.
Day 6: Ride from Nubra Valley to Pangong Lake to Tangste | 200 km | 6-7 hours
- After breakfast, you are going to ride through one of the most uncommon routes in Ladakh region via Shayok village, which is open recently for the tourist.
- Next up head to Pangong lake, overnight stay will be conducted in Tangste.
Day 7: Ride from Tangste to Pangong Lake to Tso Moriri | 290 km | 8-9 hours
- You are going to explore the route which is not commonly used for commercial bike trips.
- The riding group will be having your lunch at Chushul village and you will explore the new route from Chushul to Mahe bridge.
- Within this route, you may get a chance to explore the small lakes named Yaye-Tso and Mirpal-Tso. From Mahe bridge, you will have to cover about 50 km to Tso Moriri.
- The overnight accommodation will be at Tso Moriri.
Day 8: Ride from Tso Moriri to Sarchu | 230 km | 7-8 hours
- After breakfast, you will be going to Sarchu, which shares the border of Jammu and Kashmir with Himachal Pradesh.
- En route Sarchu you will be crossing Tsokar lake, Mori-planes, Pang, Gata Loops, Nakee-La, Lachung-La and you will be reaching your destination Sarchu in the evening.
- Upon arrival, you will be staying overnight in Sarchu.
Day 9: Ride from Sarchu to Keylong | 100 km | 4-5 hours
- Post breakfast, you will leave for Keylong from the border between Himachal Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Here you can see the nomadic Gaddi people and an army outpost. On our way, you will stop at Baralacha Pass (4891 m).
- LA means “a pass with crossroads”. The roads from Ladakh, Zanskar, Lahaul and Spiti intersect here.
- The overnight stay will be done in Keylong.
Day 10: Ride from Keylong to Manali | 120 km | 4-5 hours
- This is the last day of riding on this amazing bike trip.
- You start your day early and begin the ride from Keylong to Manali. The route is slightly rough. So this day you should try and cover the maximum distance with minimum stopovers.
- You will arrive in Manali in the evening by covering the most attractive and one of the major passes Rohtang-La.
- Overnight stays will be arranged in Manali.
Day 11: Checkout from Manali and return journey to Delhi/Chandigarh
- On the departure day, after the breakfast you will have to check out by 11:00 am, you may keep the luggage in the cloakroom and you are free to explore locally on your own.
- In the evening report back by 4:00 pm to board the Volvo bus towards the overnight journey to Delhi/Chandigarh.
- Royal Enfield 500cc (2017 to 2019 models).
- Fuel for the mentioned itinerary (Sonmarg to Manali).
- Accommodation on twin or triple sharing basis as per the itinerary.
- Drop from Srinagar airport to Sonmarg in a group vehicle.
- Breakfast (From day-2 to day-11)
- Dinner (From day-2 to day-10)
- Back-up/support vehicle for the tour.
- Guest luggage to be carried in the support vehicle.
- Mechanic support during the tour.
- Road captain.
- Permits and local association fees.
- Oxygen cylinder and First Aid kit.
- Helmets for both rider and pillion.
- Manali to Delhi Volvo bus ticket.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 1 days
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 22950 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.