Elephanta Caves Guided Tour
A guided tour to the Elephanta Caves, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a collection of cave temples predominantly dedicated to the Hindu god Shiva.
- A private guided tour of the Elephanta Caves.
- UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Rock cut stone sculptures that show syncretism of Hindu and Buddhist ideas & iconography.
- Caves date back to the 5th and 9th century and are attributed to various Hindu dynasties.
The Elephanta Caves are a great tourist attraction in the vicinity of the large Mumbai metropolis. The Elephanta island is located 10 km away from the Gateway of India at Mumbai. These caves house rock-cut temples dating back to the 5th century CE. The Elephanta island was so named by the Portuguese, after the statue of an elephant near the landing area of the island. These rock cut temples dedicated to Shiva Mahadeva are rich in sculptural content.
- The driver will reach the hotel address at the pick-up time selected by you while booking.
- The driver will drop you at the Gateway of India, where you will meet your guide for the tour.
- After a quick introduction, you will board the ferry boat with the guide to reach the Elephanta Cave entrance.
- The guide will take the entrance tickets for the caves and the tour will begin.
- The guide will take you through all the caves sharing the history and religious significance of the structures.
- At the end of the tour, you will board the ferry back to the Gateway Of India where you will meet your cab driver.
- The cab will drop you back to the hotel.
- English speaking guide
- Private cab for hotel pick-up and drop
- The driver and fuel charges
- Ferry ride tickets
- Elephanta cave entrance charges
- Parking and toll charges
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 2075 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.