Guided Museum Tour Of Mumbai
Take a tour of the handpicked museums of Mumbai, and experience the best way to understand the rich cultural heritage of Mumbai.
- A guided tour of museums of Mumbai.
- Visit the famous museums like Chattrapati Shivaji Vastu Sanghralaya, Monetary museum of RBI, Gandhi Museum and the famous Bhau Daji Lad Museum.
- See a collection of rare miniature paintings from different parts of India.
- Visit Money Museum with over 10000 coins and currency notes of India from different periods of time.
- Understand arts and crafts of various communities of the region in the oldest museum of Mumbai, Bhau Daji Lad Museum.
Mumbai, the city which never sleeps, the wall street of India. This city is filled with people from all over the world making it one of the must-see spots in India. It’s very difficult to believe that this highly populous city of today was once just the array of islands but it all changed when Portugal’s ceased control in the 16th century. Mumbai grew up to be the financial capital of India.
- Our host will pick you up from your hotel/residence at 8:00 am.
- First place of the visit will be the Chattrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sanghralaya or the Prince of Wales Museum.
- Prince Wales Museum is housed in a magnificent heritage building which was earlier used as a military hospital for the Children’s Welfare Exhibitions during the first world war. The Museum was built in order to commemorate the visit of King George V to Mumbai.
- Our host will show you a treasure trove of ancient Indian art, sculpture, archaeological artefacts and weapons. The highlight of this visit will be a collection of rare miniature paintings from different parts of India.
- Next up at 10:30 am you will be visiting the Monetary Museum of RBI, among the Museums of Mumbai, the Reserve Bank of India runs the most distinct one.
- The Monetary Museum is a Money Museum with over 10000 coins and currency notes of India from different periods of time!
- In this visit, we also learn how to spot counterfeit currency. Before we leave this Museum, we would have undertaken a journey through the history of Indian money from the period of barter to modern bank credit cards.
- At noon you will be visiting the Mani Bhavan/ Gandhi Museum which used to be the residence of Mahatma Gandhi in Mumbai from 1917-1934. This house played its part in India’s Independence Movement and the World’s first non-violent freedom struggle.
- After this tour, you will be taking a break for lunch.
- Post lunch at around 2:30 pm, visit Bhau Daji Lad Museum.
- It is Mumbai’s oldest museum and showcases the city’s cultural heritage and history through arts and crafts of various communities of the region. A collection of miniature clay models, maps, photographs, and books captures the life of people of Mumbai as well as the city’s history over the last 300 years.
- Your tour will end at 4 pm when our host will drop you back to your hotel.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 4000 Per Person