India's Freedom Struggle Stories In Pune
Pune 6 Hours 75 people interested today
Response time: 2 - 24 hours
Take a guided tour of the monuments which represent India's freedom movement and the role they played in the glorious history of India.
- A guided tour of the historical monuments of Pune.
- Take a tour of the Aga Khan Palace, Kesariwada, and Phulewada.
- Kesariwada, heritage house of one of the eminent freedom fighters of India.
- Also visit Phule Wada, the residence of Mahatma Phule and his wife, the great social reformer of the 19th century.
Pune is a city in the western state of Maharastra, once the base of the Peshwas of the Maratha Empire which lasted from 1674 to 1818, is now a beautiful metropolitan city. It is the second most populous city in Maharastra. It is famous for the Aga Khan Palace, built in the year of 1892 and now a memorial to Mahatma Gandhi.
- Our host will meet you at your hotel/residence, at around 9:00 am you will be visiting the Aga Khan Palace.
- The Aga Khan Palace is a national monument of India’s freedom movement.
- Built-in 1892 by Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah Aga Khan III, the Palace witnessed some remarkable events that define India’s freedom movement against the British.
- At 11:00 am you will take a tour of the Kesariwada which is the heritage house where Lokmanya Tilak, one of India’s greatest freedom fighters, spent the last 15 years of his life.
- It is from this house that he ran his freedom publications Kesari and Maratha.
- This house was witness to many strategic discussions held between revolutionaries to overthrow the British rule.
- We will see the courtyard where Tilak started the annual Ganesh festival as a way to unite the Indians to fight against the British.
- At around 12:30 pm you will be visiting Phulewada. Phule Wada was the residence of Mahatma Phule the great social reformer of the 19th century and his wife.
- Mahatma Phule worked towards eradicating caste restrictions in the country and spoke against the elite of the society. He worked towards garnering more rights for farmers other low-caste people of the society.
- You will also get to see the famous well which was thrown open to provide drinking water to the backward classes who were treated as outcasts in those times.
- Mahatma Phule was also a champion of the girl-child education cause. He was the first person to open a school for girls in this region. Incidentally, his wife was the first lady teacher in these parts!
- Your tour will end at 3 pm, you will be dropped back to your hotel/residence.
- All transportation in private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Driver and fuel charges
- Any toll and parking charges.
- Service of a knowledgeable archaeologist.
- Lunch at a local restaurant.
- Monument entrance fees (as per the itinerary).
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Please carry your valid photo identity proof.
- All guests are requested to wear comfortable walking shoes, sunglasses/sunscreen, umbrella, hats or scarf and camera if interested in photography.
- Children of 0-2 years of age (accompanied by an adult) are allowed to join for free.
- Tour involves a moderate amount of walking.
- The guests are requested to bring the following during the tour - Water bottle, camera and its accessories to you enjoy photography, sunglasses, sunscreen and umbrella (in case of rainy season or summers).
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
- Hotel/Residence in Pune
- The local person's contact details will be shared in the booking voucher which is sent via email.
₹ 4670 (Save 14% )
₹ 4000 Per Person
₹ 4000 Per Person
Similar Exciting Activities
From ₹ 7950 2 Days
From ₹ 4485 10 Hours
From ₹ 9450 2 Days
From ₹ 1450 2 Hours
From ₹ 3190 6 Hours
From ₹ 3999 8 Hours
Also viewed by other travellers
From ₹ 2000 4 Hours
Chennai Full Day Cultural Tour
From ₹ 4500 10 Hours
From ₹ 5000 10 Hours
Mylapore Walking Tour
From ₹ 3000 5 Hours
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.
In The News