Cultural Walking Tour of Varanasi
Varanasi is considered as the spiritual capital of India, witness all the famous attractions of the city on this 2-hour walking tour.
- Visit the famous Shiva temple of Varanasi, one of holiest of Shiva temples.
- Understand the story behind the rituals performed at the ghats on the bank of river Ganga.
- Take a stroll around the famous buildings & narrow lanes of markets.
Varanasi is called the Spiritual Capital of India. It has the most sacred temples & ghats. Ghats in Varanasi are riverfront steps leading to the banks of the River Ganga. The city has 88 ghats. Most of the ghats are bathing and puja ceremony ghats, while two ghats are used exclusively as cremation sites. Most Varanasi ghats were built after 1700 AD when the city was part of Maratha Empire. Many ghats are associated with legends or mythologies while many ghats are privately owned. In this tour, we will visit the famous ghats & also the most famous Shiva temple.
- The guests are required to report at the hotel Ganges Grande, Godowlia Chowk by 10:00 am OR 4:00 pm.
- Start the tour after a quick briefing session with the guide.
- We will begin the tour by visiting the holy Shiva temple & wooden temple which is also known as mini Khajuraho built in Nepali style of architecture.
- We will visit Manikarnika ghats, holiest among the sacred riverfronts, where people believe that they would attain moksha/ salvation if a person is cremated there.
- We will stroll around the famous buildings & narrow lanes of markets.
- We will end the tour after 2 hours by visiting old & spectacular Ghat which is located on the bank of river Ganga
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 1450 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.