Golden Temple Night Tour
Take a guided tour of the famous Golden Temple of Amritsar and explore the beauty of the holiest gurudwara.
- Historical walk through the temple.
- Understanding the architecture and also the Sikh culture.
- Visit the world's largest community kitchen and participate.
Built in the year of 1589 this temple of Amritsar has its own charm. It is the holiest Gurudwara and the centre of Sikh pilgrimage. This is also known as the Sri Harmandir Sahib The gold foil in the sanctum was overlaid in the year of 1830 by Maharaja Ranjit Singh after he established the Sikh empire. Guru Ram Das initiated the construction of the temple and is said to have acquired the land, the great emperor Akbar donated the land to Guru Ram Das's wife. The Temple is described by Ian Kerr, and other scholars, as a mixture of the Indo-Islamic Mughal and the Hindu Rajput architecture.
- Our hosts will meet you at the entrance of the Jallianwala Bagh, which is about 2 minutes of walking distance from the Golden Temple at around 08:00 pm.
- Once you have arrived in the temple our hosts will take your through the temple and make you understand the history and the architecture of the mesmerizing temple.
- Several stories all related to the temple will be narrated to you by our hosts so that you can understand the temple, its heritage and the Sikh culture in-depth.
- You will also take a tour of the community kitchen of the temple which is also the world's largest community kitchen, which serves about 50,000 hot free meals every day. You may also participate in several processes in the kitchen.
- Your tour will be of 3 hours after which you may depart back.
- Service of a knowledgeable host.
- Great local tips and recommendations.
- Scarves and water bottles.
- Great conversations with stories that you can't find on the internet.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 500 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.