Freedom Struggle Tour of Amritsar with Wagah Border
Amritsar was one of the most important centres of the freedom movement. The tour will take you around the significant historic monuments and also the iconic Wagah border.
- Visit the famous historical monuments like the Jalianwala Bagh, Martyr's well, Partition Museum and many more during this tour.
- Take a tour to the Wagah Border.
- Company of an experienced chauffeur and a well-maintained air-conditioned car.
Amritsar city is located in the Majha region of the Indian state of Punjab, it is the headquarters of the Amritsar district. It is the home to the holiest Sikh temple, the Harmandir Sahib a.k.a Golden temple. Amritsar has an average elevation of 234 meters. Amritsar is the holiest city for Sikhism in the world and millions of people visit this city every year. It is the home to mouth-watering authentic Punjabi cuisine.
- The tour begins with the pick-up from your hotel/residence in Amritsar city limits at your preferred timeslot (select while booking).
- During the tour, the following places will be covered:
- Gobindgarh Fort: This fort is located at the centre of the city, this majestic structure was once occupied by the army and is now open for public. The fort is being developed as a unique live museum, as a repository of Punjab’s history.
- Martyr's well: Martyrs' well & statue amid landscaped gardens commemorating victims of Jallianwala Bagh massacre.
- Amar Jyoti: This eternal flame commemorates the memory of the deceased freedom fighters of the city.
- Jalianwala Bagh/museum: This specific attraction holds great significance as this was the site of the massacre which took the lives of hundreds of peaceful freedom fighters. The brutal killings still haunt the city.
- Partition museum: This public museum is located in the Town Hall in Amritsar, India. The museum aims to become the central repository of stories, materials, and documents related to the post-partition riots that followed the division of British India into two independent countries: India and Pakistan.
- Punjab State War Hero's Memorial Museum: This museum charts the battle history from antiquity to 1999 in 8 halls & a 148-ft.-tall sword memorial.
- Ranjit Singh Museum: This museum is dedicated to the ruler Maharaja Ranjit Singh and displays armours and other significant items from the past.
- The guests can stop for lunch during the tour at a place of their choice.
- Wagah Border, the line-of-control (LOC) area between India and Pakistan, would be the last place of the visit during the tour.
- After the visit to the Wagah Border, the guests will be dropped back at your hotel/residence in Amritsar city limits (10 hours from the start time).
- Hotel pickup and drop (within city limits)
- Charges for the private air-conditioned cab
- All parking & toll charges
- The driver and fuel charges
- Usage of the vehicle for 10 hours
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have two options Sedans & bigger SUVs. In Sedans we provide Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios mostly, sometimes it could be Nissan Sunny. In SUVs we provide Toyotta Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga. You can request a particular model while booking in \'Special Request\' and we try to provide it however you can not pick and choose exact car models. We operate only AC vehicles and hatchbacks are not available.
76 travellers found this helpful
No. All our tours are private and exclusively for your family or group.
6 travellers found this helpful
You need to book online from this page. We accept only online bookings. Booking is confirmed instantly through SMS and Email. Driver & Cab details are automatically sent on SMS/Email/Mobile App 3-6 hours before pick-up time.
5 travellers found this helpful
Yes, all sightseeing tours need to be booked in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest booking early to guarantee your desired tour day. Bookings are completely online and you can book on Website or Mobile app.
84 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 2400 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.