Prashar Lake Trek with an Extra Night Stay in Mandi
See many aspects of this popular Himachal town - Experience trekking and camping at the beautiful Prashar Lake and also see the local attractions in Mandi on a sightseeing tour
- A 7 to 8 kilometres trek to the serene Prashar lake from Baggi.
- Camping in the pristine location of the lake.
- Company of a knowledgeable guide for your trek.
- A maximum altitude of 2712 meters.
- Opportunity to visit famous places in Mandi and explore their beauty.
Founded in the year of 1527 by Ajbar Sen, Mandi is one of the most important towns in Himachal Pradesh, it is located at an altitude of 850 meters. It serves as the entry point to the Prashar Lake.
Located in Mandi District of HP at an altitude of 2730 m Prashar is known for the Holy Prashar Lake, Sloppy Meadows, dense forest and the Panoramic view of snow clad ranges of Dhauladhar. The “Prashar Lake” Which has a perimeter of about 300 meters is decorated by a floating island in it. Its crystal clear water adds to the charm of this scenic spot. Traditionally it is believed that the lake was formed as a result of striking of the rod (Guj) by Rishi Prashar and water came out and took shape of the lake. An ancient pagoda style temple dedicated to the Rishi Parashar, the patron God of Mandi region stand beside the lake.
The temple has been constructed by the king Ban Sen in 13-14th Century using single deodar tree and it took 12 years to complete the temple construction. A walk around the lake gives a mystical experience of calmness of the surrounding. A visit to Prashar is a perfect blend of a spiritual journey and exploring the serene Himalayan Ranges.
Day 1: Reach Mandi and Overnight Stay
- The guest may arrive in Mandi at their own convenience of time.
- Check-in to the hotel any time between 10 am to 5 pm.
- Once in Mandi, check-in to the budget hotel pre-booked for the guests.
- As per the convenience, the guests are free to explore the local market and town.
- At the end of the day, stay at the comfortable private room.
Day 2: Mandi bus stand to Prashar Lake (2712 m) Via Baggi Village (7 km Trek)
- The guests are required to report at the Mandi bus stand by 9:00 am
- Someone from the team will meet the guests at the bus arrival point and transport them to the base camp
- It'll be a short drive through the Mandi village to reach Baggi which will the base for your trek to Prashar Lake.
- After a warm breakfast at the base, start the trek to Prashar Lake with packed lunch for each member.
- It’s will be a 7 km uphill trek and may take up to 6 hours to reach the camping spot at Prashar Lake.
- Once at Prashar lake, visit the famous Rishi Parashar temple and enjoy the serene setting of the temple and some great views.
- The support team will arrange for a bonfire for the group and the trekkers can relax and keep warm by the bonfire before the dinner is served.
- Freshly cooked dinner will be served for the trekkers.
- Retired at your convenience, overnight accommodation will be in the tents at twin and triple sharing basis.
- The camping location is 2 km from Prashar Lake.
Day 3: Prashar Lake (2712 m) to Mandi Via Baggi Village (7 km Trek)
- Wake up to the beautiful sunrise at the mountaintop with clear views of the surrounding peaks.
- After breakfast, the group will begin the return trek to Baggi.
- It will again be a 7 km downhill trek and may take up to 3-4 hour to reach the trek starting point.
- The group is expected to reach Baggi between 12 noon to 1 pm. Once in Baggi, the trek ends and the guests are free to explore the area on their own.
- Budget hotel stay in Mandi (Twin sharing basis)
- Trekking charges and permit
- Service of a knowledgable trek guide
- Locker room facility for store extra luggage (Base camp in Baggi)
- Washroom facility to freshen up (Base camp in Baggi)
- Transportation from bus stand to Baggi and back
- Accommodation of day-1 in tents (twin to triple sharing tents)
- Camping equipment: Tent, sleeping mat and sleeping bag
- 1 Packed lunch (day-1), 1 dinner (day-1) and 2 breakfasts (day-1 and 2)
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3850 Per Person