2-Day Murud Janjira and Kashid Sightseeing Tour from Mumbai
Take a tour of Murud Janjira a fort which lies on an island of its own and also visit the coastal town of Kashid.
- Explore the fort which was once operated by Siddis and remained unconquered till India's independence.
- Watch India's third largest cannon which weighs 22 tonnes.
- Visit the coastal town of Kashid.
- Service of an experienced driver and a well-maintained car.
Murud-Janjira is a fort located on an oval-shaped rock off the coast of the village of Murud, in the Raigad district of Maharastra. This fort is considered as one of the strongest marine forts of India. The fort is approached by sailboats from Rajapuri jetty. The fort was built by Malik Ambar an Abyssinian minister in the service of the Sultan of Ahmednagar, who belonged to the Nizamshahi dynasty. The fort, built at the end of the 17th century, is almost entirely intact today.
On the other hand, Kashid is a scenic coastal town almost 30 kilometres from Alibaug and on the North Konkan region of Maharashtra.
Day 1: Mumbai - Murud Janjira - Kashid
- On the first day, your tour begins with a pick up from your hotel/residence in Mumbai city limits.
- Post pick up you will be driven to Murud Janjira which is about 160 kilometres from Mumbai and would take you 4 and a half hours to reach Murud Janjira.
- You may explore the fort at your own pace, usually to reach the fort on the oval-shaped rock one has to board sailboats from Rajapuri jetty.
- After the completion of the Murud-Janjira tour, you will be dropped back your hotel/resort Kashid, which is a serene coastal town close to Murud Janjira.
Day 2: Kashid - Murud Local Sightseeing - Mumbai
- On the second day, you will be driven from your Kashid hotel/resort to the following places:
- Kasa Fort: Padmadurg, also known as Kasa fort, is one of five historical sea forts built by Shivaji Maharaj in 1672-1673 C.E, it was built to challenge the Murud-Janjira.
- Korlai Fort: Korlai Fort is a Portuguese fortification in the town of Korlai Maharastra, about 30 kilometres from Kasa Fort.
- Khokari Tombs: Khokari tombs are three 500-year-old massive stone tombs of the early rulers of the erstwhile Janjira state.
- Post the completion of your tour you will be driven back to Mumbai and be dropped at your hotel/residence in Mumbai, on the way back you may visit the Kashid beach.
- Hotel pickup and drop (within city limits)
- Charges for the private air-conditioned cab
- The driver and fuel charges
- Usage of the vehicle for 500 kilometres
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 6650 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.