Offbeat Tour to Anandwan – Shodhgram – Hemalkasa
Anandwan – was founded in 1948 by Baba Amte to care for the outcast leprosy patients. He developed it into a self-reliant community relying on agriculture, home-based small scale industry units—all run by leprosy patients who have recovered/recovering from their illness. Residents stay as communes, where a cluster of people live together and share resources. There are around seven communes now with over 2,500 people live, making it one of the world’s largest communities of physically challenged people. A community that is bonded by care and love for each other!
Hemalkasa (Lok Biradari Prakalp) – A People’s Brotherhood Program started by Dr. Prakash Baba Amte revolutionize The Madia Gond Tribe. The Madia Gond is a primitive tribe inhabiting the Dandakaranya forests in the Central Eastern part of Gadchiroli district of Maharashtra. A phenomenal race, the tribes have been in existence for centuries. However, this gentle race was completely cut-off from civilization, knowing no clothing, education or health care until Lok Biradari Prakalp was established. A comprehensive program inclusive of a Hospital, School, Hostel, Animal Arc & allied activities made this unique program now followed worldwide as a role model program. We will also be visiting the places like Markandeya Temple, Big Log of Ballarpur & Tomb of Gond Kings in Chandrapur.
SEARCH (Shodhgram) – Society for Education, Action and Research in Community Health is a non-government founded in 1985 by a doctor couple, Mr. & Mrs. Bang.
Dr. Abhay and Dr. Rani Bang are Indian social activists, researchers working in the field of community health. They have revolutionized healthcare for the poorest people in India and have overseen a program that has substantially reduced infant mortality rates in Gadchiroli district of Maharashtra, one of the most poverty-stricken areas in the world. Their Home Based Neonatal Care program is adopted Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan and parts of Africa.
Day 1: Saturday
- Arrival at Nagpur Railway Station at 09:30 am.
- Mumbai people can opt for Vidarbha Express / Duranto Express
- Mumbai people can also opt for Sewagram Express. The pickup will be from Warora.
- Pune People can opt for Garib Rath Express or Buses.
- Breakfast & Start our Journey to for Anandwan.
- Reach Anandwan. Check in & Lunch.
- Post Lunch visit various workshops.
- Samadhi Darshan of Baba Amte and Sadhana Amte in the evening
- Visit Dr. Vikas Amte (Depending upon the availability)
Day 2 : Sunday
- Break Fast & Checkout
- Proceed towards SEARCH (Shodhgram)
- Check in. Visit project
- Meet Dr. Bang (Depending upon the availability)
- Dinner & Stay
Day 3 : Monday
- Breakfast & Checkout
- Proceed towards Hemalkasa
- Visit Markandeya Temple on the way
- Reach Hemalkasa in Afternoon
- Check in & Lunch
- Hemalkasa Prakalp Visit
- Triveni Sangam Visit
- Dinner & Stay
Day 4: Tuesday
- Hemalkasa Amte’s Animal Arc Visit
- Breakfast & Checkout
- Proceed towards Nagpur
- Visit Big Log, Tomb of Gond Kings on the way.
- Lunch Enroute
- Reach Nagpur by 06:00 pm
- Tour Concludes with Happy Memories.
- Travel by private vehicle from Nagpur till Nagpur
- All Veg food (Morning BF, Meals, Evening Tea) of all days
- Dorm stay at Anandwan, SEARCH & Hemalkasa
- All permits, Entry fees
- TMI Expertise
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- 90% refund if cancellation is made more than 60 days prior to the date of departure date of the event.
- 75% refund if cancellation is made more than 45 days and less than 60 days prior to the departure date of the event.
- 50% refund if cancellation is made more than 30 days and less than 45 days prior to the departure date of the event.
- 25% refund if cancellation is made more than 15 days and less than 30 days prior to the departure date of the event.
- NO refund will be made if cancellation is made within 15 days prior to the departure date of the event.