Trek from Chandragad to Arthur seat (Dhawalya Ghat)
Chandragad: The fort was constructed by Chandrarao More of Javli and it was named after him as ‘Chandragad’. It was taken over by ShivajiMaharaj in the 17th century. The fort was used mainly to keep close watch on the ‘Dhawalya Ghat’ route. 7-8 kms from Dhawale village is Umarathwhich is birth place of ShriTanajiMalusare also known as Simha (“lion”), a great worrier in the army of ShivajiMaharaj.
Arthur’s Seat: Arthur’s seat is a point at an elevation of 1340 mtrs. in Mahabaleshwar. The point was named after British officer Sir Arthur Malet, who sat here and gazed at the Savitri River, where he lost his wife and children in a tragic ferry mishap. “When your adrenaline calls you for high enduring adventure, you should go to a trek known for its enigmatic nature.
Chandragad and Arthur seat (Dhavlya Ghat) is one such trek. This enduring trek in Javli’s dense forest will test your patience & Strength both.“
You should have previous trekking experience and good stamina to attempt for this trek.
- An enduring trek in Javli’s dense forest will test your patience & Strength both.
Day 0: Friday, 16th Dec 16
- Meeting Point: Pritam Hotel, Dadar east at 11:00 pm
- Pick up Points: Chembur , Diamond Garden – 11:20 pm
- Vashi Plaza, Vashi – 11:50 pm
Day 1: Saturday, 17th Dec 16
- Reach Base village
- Breakfast and start Trek
- Explore Chandragad and start trek towards Bahirichi Ghumti.
- Lunch Enroute.
- Reach Bahirichi Ghumti, Dinner, Overnight Stay.
Day 2: Sunday, 18th Dec 16
- Start Trek towards Arthur Seat Point
- Breakfast at Mahabaleshwar
- Proceed towards Pratapgad.
- Explore the fort
- Lunch at the base
- Start our journey back to Mumbai by 2 pm
- Reach Mumbai by 09:00 pm.
- Travelling from Dadar till Dadar by Pvt Non AC Vehicle
- 2 Refreshments, 2 Meals
- Guide Charges
- TMI Expertise charges
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- 90% refund if cancellation is made more than 60 days prior to the date of departure date of the event.
- 75% refund if cancellation is made more than 45 days and less than 60 days prior to the departure date of the event.
- 50% refund if cancellation is made more than 30 days and less than 45 days prior to the departure date of the event.
- 25% refund if cancellation is made more than 15 days and less than 30 days prior to the departure date of the event.
- NO refund will be made if cancellation is made within 15 days prior to the departure date of the event.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.