Guided Tour of Kolkata Churches and the Mother Teresa House
A guided tour which will take you around the iconic and oldest churches of Kolkata and the house of the Nobel Peace Prize awardee Mother Teresa.
- Take a tour of the first Episcopal Church of the eastern world, St Paul’s Cathedral.
- Also, visit the St. Andrews Church and the South Park Cemetary.
- Explore and understand the life of Mother Teresa by visiting her house in J.C. Bose road.
- Company of an experienced and knowledgeable guide to take you around.
Kolkata (earlier known as Calcutta) is the capital of West Bengal and a major hub of East India. At one time Kolkata was the British capital in India and thereby had been greatly influenced by it. British style lamp posts and the yellow ambassador taxis that throng the streets are evidence to this. Commonly known as 'City of Joy', Kolkata is known for welcoming locals, street food, culture, literature and most importantly sweets.
- Your tour begins with a pick up from your hotel/residence in Kolkata city limits.
- At around 8:00 am you will commence your tour by visiting the only Scottish Church in Kolkata, Saint Andrew's Church.
- Built in the year of 1818, your guide will explain you the history of this church and also narrate an interesting story about the height of its steeple.
- You will head to the Saint Paul's Cathedral the first Episcopal Church of the eastern world, St Paul’s Cathedral at around 9:30 am. An architectural beauty which took 8 years to construct.
- On your tour of this church you will get to see sculptures and like the “Episcopal Throne” and an ornamented wall – Reredo, carved with incidents from the life of St. Paul.
- Post the Saint Paul's Cathedral you will head to the South Park Cemetery. This iconic cemetery was the largest Christian cemetery outside Europe and America in the 19th century.
- This cemetery sprawling over 8-acres of space houses 1900 graves belonging to prominent British citizens and high officials of the East India Company.
- The last phase of the tour takes you to the house of Mother Teresa, who had dedicated her entire life to the care of the underprivileged. This building is also the headquarters of the Missionaries of Charity the organisation founded by Mother Teresa.
- You will see the sisters of Missionaries of Charity at work for the upliftment of the underprivileged, visit a museum with Mother Teresa’s belongings and pay your respects at the tomb of our Angel of Mercy.
- Post the tour you will head to a restaurant hand-picked by your host cum guide for a lip-smacking lunch.
- After you are done with your lunch, you will be dropped back to your hotel/residence in Kolkata city limits.
- All transportation in private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Driver and fuel charges
- Any toll and parking charges.
- Service of a knowledgeable archaeologist.
- Lunch at a local restaurant.
- Monument entrance fees (as per the itinerary).
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3990 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.