Kolkata Temples Guided Tour
Come enjoy a guided tour of the famous and iconic temples of the sweetest part of India. Explore the 'City of Joy' in an unconventional way.
- Visit the Belur Math, the worldwide headquarters of the Ramakrishna Mission.
- Explore the majestic Dakhineshwar Kali Temple, a Kali Temple standing tall since 1847.
- Along with the above mentioned famous temples in the city, you will also visit the Kali Ghat and Pareshnath Jain temple.
- Company of a knowledgeable local guide.
Kolkata (earlier known as Calcutta) is the capital of West Bengal and a major hub of East India. At one time Kolkata was the British capital in India and thereby had been greatly influenced by it. British style lamp posts and the yellow ambassador taxis that throng the streets are evidence to this. Commonly known as 'City of Joy', Kolkata is known for welcoming locals, street food, culture, literature and most importantly sweets.
- Your guided tour commences at 7:30 am from your hotel/residence in Kolkata city limits. You will meet our guide/host for the day at your given address.
- The first stop of the day will be the Belur Math, the worldwide headquarters of the Ramakrishna Mission.
- Constructed in the year of 1938 this complex has architectural motifs of a Hindu temple, a Buddhist chaitya, a Christian church and an Islamic mosque, as Sri Ramakrishna believed universality of religions.
- You will be visiting Sri Ramakrishna Temple, the Old Shrine, Swami Brahmananda Temple, Holy Mother Temple, Swami Vivekananda Temple, the Samadhi Enclosure, Old Math and the Ramakrishna Museum which are in this stunning complex.
- After the Belur Math, you will be heading to the Dakshineswar Kali temple at 9:30 am, constructed by Rani Rashmoni following a dream she had when she was about to start her pilgrimage to Varanasi.
- This 1847 temple is the home to a stunning idol of Goddess Kali which is a basalt figure and looks mesmerising with its gold brocade covering. Our guide will explain you the stories related to this temple and the part it played during India's independence.
- At around 11:00 am you will be heading to Paresnath Jain Temple, this temple is the home to Pareshnath, the 23rd Jain Tirthankar.
- This mesmerizingly beautiful temple has an eternal lamp which is glowing since the very year of construction of this temple which was 1867.
- Next up you will be visiting the Kalighat Kali Temple, originally a small hut, this temple was built by King Manasingha at the beginning of the 16th century. The present structure of the temple was built by the Sabarna Roy Chowdhury family in 1809.
- This temple has a spot where the toes of the right foot of Lord Shiva's wife Sati fell, our guide will explain to you the whole story of the cosmic dance of Shiva at this particular spot.
- In the last leg of your tour at around 2:00 pm, you will be heading for lunch, at a place our guide has hand-picked and you will surely relish the lip-smacking food and flavours of Kolkata there.
- Your tour ends with a drop back to your hotel/residence in Kolkata city limits.
- Service of an experienced guide
- Any entrance charges to the monuments
- Lunch during the tour
- All transportation using a private air-conditioned car
- Pick-up and drop to the hotel/residence
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3990 Per Person