Prashar Lake Christmas & New Year Getaway 2018
A trek to Prashar Lake is a perfect mix of a spiritual journey and exploration into the serene Himalayan Ranges. Come let the mother nature enchant you.
- Trek to an altitude of 9000 feet and serene Himalayan Lake.
- A total of about 16 kilometres of a trek.
- Overnight camping near the Prashar Lake.
- Company of a well-experienced mountain guide.
Prashar Lake is located in Mandi District of Himachal Pradesh at an altitude of 2730 metres (9000 feet). This Holy Lake is known for a three-story Pagoda style Temple of Prashar Rishi and its floating island. Lake is surrounded by green meadows & around the meadows are the dense alpine forest. Lake also offers a panoramic view of snow clad ranges of Dhauladhar, Pir Panjal and Great Himalayas. The water of the lake is clear and you can spot fishes swimming underneath the surface, on a clear day lake appears blue when seen from the surrounding hillocks. Prashar Lake has a perimeter of around 300 meters and a walk around the lake gives a mystical experience of calmness of the surrounding.
Day 1: Panarsa - Jwalapur - Prashar Lake | 8 km Trek
- You will have to report in Panarsa, Himachal Pradesh between 8 to 10 am.
- Post your arrival you will be to checking in to our homestay in Panarsa.
- Relax for a while and then you can enjoy a nice warm breakfast, post which you will be transferred to Jwalapur village on shared cabs. The journey to Panarsa to Jwalapur will be of 25 kilometres.
- Your arrival in Jawalapur will mark the beginning of your trek to Prashar Lake which is around 8 km from your starting point, packed lunch can be done near the waterfall.
- Most part of the trek is through lush green forests, along a stream with numerous waterfalls en route.
- As you reach the top you see Alpine meadows and the magnificent lake on your left.
- You will be visiting the Prashar Rishi Temple, take blessings & make new wishes to the deity.
- You may spend some time at the lake & capture the Himalayan Silhouette during sunset.
- There are a couple of local dhabbas and shops around Prashar Lake where you can grab a hot cup of tea or a quick snack.
- You will enjoy some lip-smacking snacks and dinner at the campsite near the lake.
- Quality music and party setting will be arranged for you at the campsite. (Bonfire arrangements can be made if Possible / if Allowed)
- You will camp overnight under the stars at Prashar Lake (outside of the fence).
Day 2: Prashar lake - Jwalapur - Panarsa | 8 km Trek
- Next day, you may wake up early in the morning and enjoy a sunrise photography with 360 degrees panoramic views of the mighty Himalayas.
- Form these hills you can have clear shots of the Himalayan Ranges.
- You will for sure be enchanted by the scenic snow-covered Dhauladhar Ranges and Bada Bhangal on the West.
- Nice warm breakfast will be served at the campsite, post which you will trek back to Jwalapur Village, the trekking distance will be of 8 km.
- Taxis will be available at Jwalapur for the transfers back to Panarsa.
- Upon arrival in Panarsa, lunch will be served at Panarsa HomeStay.
- You may get a chance of even more photography session at Panarsa as you walk along the riverside.
- Post which you collect your luggage and begin your journey back to the next destination. Usually, the Volvo Bus for Delhi arrives at around 7 pm.
- 5 Meals (2 Breakfast + 2 Lunch + 1 Dinner + Tea) all Veg
- Transit Room on the day of arrival in Panarsa for freshen-up
- Locker Room to leave any extra stuff at Panarsa
- Shared Cabs from Panarsa - Jwalapur - Panarsa
- Stay at Prashar Lake (Music, Camping) on double/triple and quadruple basis depending on the availability
- Gear (Sticks, Snow Gaiter, Day Bags, Tent, Sleeping Bag, Matts, Lights)
- Service of Certified Guide, Support Staff, Safety Equipment
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 2490 Per Person