Nuwara Eliya and Kandy Tour from Colombo 2 Days
Enjoy a remarkable two days tour to Kandy and Nuwara Eliya from your hotel in Colombo, Mount Lavinia, Negombo or from Bandaranaiyake International (Colombo) Airport.
You can reserve any of the hotel in Nuwara Eliya by yourself as you wish we will provide you the transport, sight visits and other activities with our experience chauffeur guides.
You will be visited Pinnawala elephant orphanage where it has the largest herd of captive elephants in the world. You can see how the elephants are being cared and the herd is taken to the river for bath.Then stop at a Spice garden where you will be introduced different spices of Sri Lanka and see how the spices are grown, harvested and produced.
Then visit the temple of the sacred tooth relic (Sri Dalada Maligawa) which is one of the most sacred and important place of Buddhists. You will be able to see the tooth room where the tooth relic is kept and many other places including Aluth Maligawa, Audience hall and World Buddhism museum.
Next discover the Kandy Lake, view point, Kandy Market and proceed to Nuwara Eliya.On the way stop at SriBakta Hanumaan Kovil (Hindu temple) in Ramboda and visit the temple which was built in 2006. Besides the temple you would see the beautiful sceneries of mountains and the Kotmale reservoir.
In Nuwara Eliya visit “Hakgala Botanical Garden” where there are many species of Orchids, Roses and floras planted. Thereafter visit “Victoria Park” which was name to commemorate Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee. Gregory Lake situated in the heart of the city. You can enjoy a boat safari in the lake (optional - at your cost) and experience the cool weather while riding.
Then move to old post office which was constructed in 1894 by British and on the way to Colombo visit a tea factory which is situated in a beautiful greenest tea estate. In there you will be able to see how tea is grown in Sri Lanka and how to produce the tea. Further you will be able to taste a cup of Sri Lankan tea. Further you will be able to see the 11th highest waterfall is Sri Lanka Ramboda waterfall.
- Visit most important places in Kandy (Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, Temple of tooth relic Kandy) and Nuwara Eliya (Sri Bakta Hanumaan temple Ramboda, Hakgala Botanical Garden,Victoria Park, Gregory Lake, Old post office Nuwara Eliya,Tea estate and tea factory).
- Transport by a private air-conditioned vehicle with a private guide dedicated for you.
- Bottled water will be served.
- Flexibility of booking your own accomadation yourself as per you choice
Day 1 - Pinnawala & Kandy
- 06:30 a.m. - Departure from your hotel in Colombo, Mount Lavinia, Negombo or from Colombo airport.
- 09:15 a.m. - Arrive & visit Pinnawala elephant orphanage.
- 10:45 a.m. - visit spice Garden
- 11:15 a.m. - Transfer to Kandy
- 12:15 p.m. - Arrive Kandy and enjoy lunch at a local restaurant ( at your cost)
- 01:15 p.m. - Visit Temple of tooth relic Kandy.
- 02:15 p.m. - explore Kandy Lake, view point, Kandy market.
- 03:00 p.m. - Transfer to Nuwara Eliya
- 04:30 p.m. - on the way to Nuwara Eliya visit Sri Bakta Hanumaan temple
- 06:30 p.m. - Arrive Nuwara Eliya and check-in Nuwara Eliya hotel.
Accommodation in Nuwara Eliya should be reserved by the travellers themselves
Day 2 - Nuwara Eliya
- 08:00 a.m. - Visit to Hakgala Botanical Garden.
- 10:00 a.m. - Visit Gregory Lake and enjoy a boat ride.( at your cost if interested)
- 11:00 a.m. - Visit Victoria Park & Old post office.
- 12:30 p.m. - Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant.( at your cost )
- 13:30 p.m. - Transfer to Colombo.
- 14:30 p.m. - On the way to Colombo visit a tea estate and a tea factory.
- 20:00 p.m. - Arrive Colombo and drop at your hotel in Colombo, Mount Lavinia, Negombo or at the Airport.
- Transport by a private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Service of chauffeur guide( English speaking chauffeur guide.)
- Bottled water (500ml per person per day)
- All driver, fuel and highway toll charges
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 21318.5 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.