Thanjavur (Tanjore) Sightseeing Day Tour
Visit the popular landmarks and attractions of Thanjavur like Brihadeeshawra temple, the Royal Palace, Art gallery and more on this 8-hour private sightseeing tour.
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site - Brihadeeshwara temple or the Big temple.
- Witness the cultural & architectural richness of Cholas.
The prominent centre of South Indian Art and Architecture, Thanjavur, was formerly termed as “Tanjore”. The cultural hub was once the capital city of erstwhile Kingdom of Cholas. It was during the Cholas Dynasty, the city attained its pompous and glory. The city houses world famous temples like Brihadeeswara Temples, enormous Museums, and Maratha Palace etc. Thanjavur is the cradle for Carnatic Music and Bharatanatyam, a classical dance form. Every year during October, the annual Birthday festival of Erstwhile King Rajaraja Chola (the king who built Brihadeeswara Temple) is celebrated as “Sathaya Thiruvizha”. Also “Carnatic Music Festival” is also organized in a town called “Thiruvaiyaru” near Thanjavur.
- The driver will pick you from the hotel/residence address in Thanjavur city limits at a time selected while booking.
- Post pick up, you may visit the following suggested places OR add a few of your own:
- Brihadeeshwara temple: This temple was built by Raja Raja Chola to commemorate the victory of Chola dynasty. This temple is also called the Big temple and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Royal Palace: The palace has a collection of famous Thanjavur paintings, also has a collection of manuscripts and sculptures depicting Chola dynasty.
- Seforji Sarasvati Mahal Library: is one among a few medieval libraries existing in the world. It contains very rare and valuable collections of manuscripts, books, maps and paintings on all aspects of Art, Culture and Literature.
- Art Gallery: The gallery houses a treasured collection of bronze icons, stone sculptures and other artefacts, which today stand testimony to that golden age in Tamil history
- Sangeet Mahal: Hall of Music, on the first floor has a fine auditorium with excellent acoustics. It was used for cultural activities and public audiences. The walls and ceiling are intricately painted.
- After the completion of your tour, the driver will drop you back to your hotel/residence in city limits, 8 hours from your starting time.
- All transportation using air-conditioned private cab.
- Pickup and drop-off in Thanjavur city limits.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- 8 hours and 80 kilometres of usage (can be extended with extra charges).
- Tour as per the itinerary (you may skip or add some places in the region).
- Newspapers and a water bottle.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 2290 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.