Thanjavur (Tanjore) Sightseeing Day Tour
Visit the popular landmarks and attractions of Thanjavur like Brihadeeshawra temple, the Royal Palace, Art gallery and more on this 8-hour private sightseeing tour.
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site - Brihadeeshwara temple or the Big temple.
- Witness the cultural & architectural richness of Cholas.
The prominent centre of South Indian Art and Architecture, Thanjavur, was formerly termed as “Tanjore”. The cultural hub was once the capital city of erstwhile Kingdom of Cholas. It was during the Cholas Dynasty, the city attained its pompous and glory. The city houses world famous temples like Brihadeeswara Temples, enormous Museums, and Maratha Palace etc. Thanjavur is the cradle for Carnatic Music and Bharatanatyam, a classical dance form. Every year during October, the annual Birthday festival of Erstwhile King Rajaraja Chola (the king who built Brihadeeswara Temple) is celebrated as “Sathaya Thiruvizha”. Also “Carnatic Music Festival” is also organized in a town called “Thiruvaiyaru” near Thanjavur.
- The driver will pick you from the hotel/residence address in Thanjavur city limits at a time selected while booking.
- Post pick up, you may visit the following suggested places OR add a few of your own:
- Brihadeeshwara temple: This temple was built by Raja Raja Chola to commemorate the victory of Chola dynasty. This temple is also called the Big temple and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Royal Palace: The palace has a collection of famous Thanjavur paintings, also has a collection of manuscripts and sculptures depicting Chola dynasty.
- Seforji Sarasvati Mahal Library: is one among a few medieval libraries existing in the world. It contains very rare and valuable collections of manuscripts, books, maps and paintings on all aspects of Art, Culture and Literature.
- Art Gallery: The gallery houses a treasured collection of bronze icons, stone sculptures and other artefacts, which today stand testimony to that golden age in Tamil history
- Sangeet Mahal: Hall of Music, on the first floor has a fine auditorium with excellent acoustics. It was used for cultural activities and public audiences. The walls and ceiling are intricately painted.
- After the completion of your tour, the driver will drop you back to your hotel/residence in city limits, 8 hours from your starting time.
- All transportation using air-conditioned private cab.
- Pickup and drop-off in Thanjavur city limits.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- 8 hours and 80 kilometres of usage (can be extended with extra charges).
- Tour as per the itinerary (you may skip or add some places in the region).
- Newspapers and a water bottle.
- Monument entrance fees.
- Any toll and parking charges (To be paid as per actuals to the driver).
- Personal expenses.
- Any meals.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions above.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- This is not a guided tour.
- The guests may choose to skip or add any new attraction in the destination of the tour.
- The booking price is applicable if the pick-up and drop-off is the same location.
- Pick up and drop off location can be different but an extra charge will apply. To be paid to the driver directly.
- Sedans (4-seater) models provided are Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios or similar.
- SUV (6-seater) models provided are Toyota Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga or similar.
- Night charge of Rs. 250 is applicable if the cab service is used between 10:00 pm to 6:00 am.
- The tour has a limit of 8 hours and 80 kilometres.
- After 8 hour and 80 kilometres, additional per kilometre charge will be applicable (to be paid directly to the driver).
- For Sedan (4-seater) - Rs. 11 per km and Rs. 150 per hour (additional kilometre & hourly charge).
- For SUV (6-seater) - Rs. 15 per km and Rs. 200 per hour (additional kilometre and hourly charge).
- The driver will know the local language, English speaking driver can be requested by you during the booking in "Special Request" section, the team will try their best to fulfil the request but the same cannot be promised for sure.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have two options Sedans & bigger SUVs. In Sedans we provide Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios mostly, sometimes it could be Nissan Sunny. In SUVs we provide Toyotta Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga. You can request a particular model while booking in Special Request\'s and we try to provide it however you can not pick and choose exact car models. We operate only AC vehicles and hatchbacks are not available.
No. All our tours are private and exclusively for your family or group.
You need to book online from this page. We accept only online bookings. Booking is confirmed instantly through SMS and Email. Driver & Cab details are automatically sent on SMS/Email/Mobile App 2-4 hours before pick-up time.
Yes, all sightseeing tours need to be booked in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest booking early to guarantee your desired tour day. Bookings are completely online and you can book on Website or Mobile app.
As this is a private tour, you are free to spend as much time you seem fit on each attraction. Some landmarks are more time-consuming than others and you can decide where to spend how much time. Just keep in mind the hourly usage included in your Tour, extra charges would apply if that limit is exceeded. Also night charges apply if you cross night time, please check Inclusions/Exclusions/Important Info for details.
The itinerary mentioned on these private tours are a suggestion for your destination. You are free to skip or add other points. Let your personal driver know if you want to visit other places.
No these are purely sightseeing tours and we do not do provide stay/accommodation or do Hotel bookings on for you as part of these tours. For Multi-day sightseeing tours you need to book your hotels yourself.
If you wish to have an English driver who would drive you around the tour or drop you from one place to another, please mention the same in the Special Request section while booking. Any request would be taken into consideration and we will try arranging the same, although it\'s not a 100% Guarantee.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
- The driver will pick you up directly from your hotel or specified pick-up point in city limits. Please enter the full pick up address at the checkout page.
- The contact person details and phone number are shared in booking voucher sent to you via email after booking.
- The driver and cab details are share 2 to 4 hours prior to the tour starting time.
₹ 2990 Per Vehicle
Similar Exciting Activities
Also viewed by other travellers
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.