Spiti Valley Left Bank Roadtrip and Trekking
A trek which will be taking to a Himachali region which remains disconnected from the rest of the world for half of the year, come explore Spiti region like a local for 9 days.
- Conquer altitudes up to 4300 metres.
- Visit the highest post office in the world in Hikkim.
- Service of an experienced mountain guide.
This trek takes you through some of the highest villages in the world. Situated in Spiti region of the northern state of Himachal Pradesh, this region is disconnected from the world for half the year during winters. This is a perfect trek for those who want to explore the place like locals. The start point of this trek is Langza (14500 Ft.), a small and beautiful village, famous for fossils, and takes you through Hikkim, Komic, Demul, Lahlung and ends in Komic. This trek will disconnect you from the rest of the world and help you explore the nomadic side of yours.
Day 1: Report in Manali
- You can reach Manali at your convenient time, we suggest between 6:00 to 10:00 AM in the morning. Once in Manali, the local will arrange transport to reach the hotel booked for you.
- Relax and spend some time at the hotel enjoying the picturesque view of mountains and the town. You may choose to go for walk to Manali town.
- Visit Hidimba temple and get a chance to interact with local people selling various hand made products (you may also choose to hike to nearby forest and waterfall area).
- You will be having your dinner and be staying overnight at the hotel.
Day 2: Drive from Manali to Kaza via Rohtang Pass | 220 KM/ 10-12 hours Drive
- Get ready for an adventurous journey talking you to some of the remote yet picturesque places. First stop would be Rohtang Pass (3987 metres).
- Spend some time at the pass and head to Spiti valley. You will begin to notice the change in terrain once we enter Spiti valley.
- After crossing Gramphoo, be amazed at the astonishing beauty of Spiti valley. Enjoy the view of amazing waterfalls and snow-capped mountains as your drive take you along Chandra river in dirt trek.
- Reach Kaza in the evening. Relax as this has been a long and tiring day. Enjoy mint tea while you appreciate the calmness of the place. Overnight stay will be conducted in Kaza.
Day 3: Drive from Kaza to Kye, Kibber and Back | 40 KM / 2 hours Drive
- Today is essentially the acclimatization day. You may choose to relax at the hotel or else take a walk morning to Kaza village.
- After breakfast take a tour of Key Monastery and Kibber Village. Key Monastery is situated on top of a mountain overlooking Spiti valley. Kye monastery founded in the 11th century is a prominent learning centre of Buddhism.
- The monastery has a collection of ancient murals and books. From here we shall go up a little further and visit Kibber Village (4270 metres) - which was once the world’s highest village.
- Enjoy a picnic for lunch by the river in Kibber. Later return to Kaza and relax at the hotel and stay overnight in Kaza.
Day 4: Trek Kaza to Komic via Langza and Hikkim | 4 hours Trek
- After early breakfast, start your trek for Langza village from Kaza with your local trekking guide. Reach Hikkim and post some postcards to your family and friends from the highest post office in the world.
- After a break, proceed to Komic. Reach the homestay where we'll be spending the night, chat with your hosts while having some butter or mint tea.
- Overnight stay will be arranged at the homestay in Komic.
Day 5: Trek from Komic to Demul | 4-5 hours Trek
- After breakfast with the family who hosted you in Komic, leave for Demul.
- A gradual trek will provide you with some of the picturesque views of the valley, click and capture.
- Reach Demul and interact with locals.
- You will be staying overnight in Demul in a homestay.
Day 6: Trek Demul to Lahlung via Rama | 5-6 hours Trek
- After 2 easy days, today’s trek is a bit though as you will ascend to Lahlung village. The trek starts with a steep descend till Rama village and then an ascend from Rama village to Lahlung.
- Visit the 1000 yr old Sherkhang Monastery.
- Your overnight stay will be in a homestay in Lahlung.
Day 7: Trek from Lahlung to Kaza via Dhankar | 6 hours Trek
- After breakfast, start your day with some steep climb followed by gradual descend.
- Reach Dhankar lake and then proceed to Dhankar Village.
- Once in Dhankar Village, we will be boarding a cab and head to Kaza.
Day 8: Drive from Kaza to Chandrataal | 60 KM
- After breakfast leave for Chandratal Lake (4250 metres) via Losar. Continue the journey crossing Lohsar village and Kunzum Pass on our way.
- A small hike will lead you to Chandrataal Lake (named after its crescent shape) which is around 1 km long and will leave you speechless.
- You will be staying overnight at a camp near the lake.
Day 9: Drive from Chandrataal to Manali | 140 KM
- Wake up in the morning to witness the changing colours of the lake. Enjoy your breakfast while appreciating this scenic place.
- Leave for Manali after breakfast. This is the last leg of your Spiti trip, gaze at the mountains as you approach the hustle and bustle of Rohtang Pass and Manali.
- You can spend some time at Rohtang if time permits.
- Reach Manali by evening and stay overnight in Manali.
Day 10: Departure day
- After breakfast leave for a walking tour of Manali town.
- You may also choose to explore various places like the Solang valley (for paragliding, and skiing during winters), Jana waterfall (try local cuisine at Mani Ram Dhaba), Rafting, Naggar castle, museum and art gallery, various temples, monasteries or take a dip in hot sulphur water. Your hosts will be suggesting/guiding you in case of need.
- In the evening board a Volvo bus and depart for an onward journey, reach bus stand at least 30 mins before departure time.
- Meals - 9 breakfast, 5 packed lunches (day-3 to day-7) and 9 dinners.
- Transportation in Tata Sumo/ Mahindra Bolero for transfers.
- Stay at the list of hotels shared as per the plan on twin sharing basis.
- Service of a guide during the trek (day-4 to day-7).
- Service of an experienced driver who would also act as a guide on days involving transportation other days.
- Drivers allowances, tolls and fuel charges.
- Cost of permits.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 30220 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.