Guided Temple Tour of Kolkata
A perfect seven hours tour to explore the city's temples, the land of Goddess Kali after whom the city was originally named as 'Kolikata'.
- The tour will be in an air-conditioned car or coach.
- The tour includes a perfect concoction of history, culture and spiritual experience.
- Service of a knowledgeable tour guide for the entire tour.
- No hassles of entry tickets, toll fee and parking charges.
Kolkata has a blend of sacred places spread across the city. The sacred places include popular worshipping places like temples, mosques, churches and synagogues. In this tour, you visit some of the most famous temples in Kolkata and learn about their rich history and see the beautiful architecture. A tour with the perfect concoction of history, culture and spiritual experience.
- The driver will pick you up from your hotel or residence in Kolkata at 8:00 AM.
- The guide cum host for the tour will meet you at the lobby of the hotel or at your residence and after a quick introduction, the tour will start.
- You will be visiting the following temples on this tour:
- Parasnath Jain Temples: The temple complex is divided into four temples. There is a lamp, which burns inside the sanctum sanctorum, which has been continuously burning ever since the initiation of the temple since 1867. The lamp bears silent testimony to the contemporary world since ages and it is wonderful to acknowledge the mysticism associated with it.
- Belur Math: Headquarters of the Ramakrishna Mission. People from all over the world, irrespective of the religion that they believe in, visit this temple to enjoy the tranquillity and serenity of this holy place.
- Dakshineswar Temple: One of the most revered, sacred temples in Kolkata, dedicated to goddess Kali. It was at this very place that Rama Krishna Paramahamsa, the highly revered religious thinker attained his spiritual vision and advocated the unity of all religions.
- Kalighat: Finally, you will visit the Kalighat, a famous temple dedicated to Goddess Kali. Kalighat was a Ghat (landing stage) sacred to Goddess Kali on the old course of the Hooghly river (Bhagirathi). The name Calcutta (Kalikata) is said to have been derived from the word Kalighat. We conclude our tour here with the blessings of the mother.
- After the completion of your tour, you will be dropped at your hotel or residence.
- All transportation in private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of a knowledgeable guide.
- Packaged drinking water.
- Entrance charges to the religious monuments.
- Toll & parking charges.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 6890 Flat Rate
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.