Kedarkantha Trek - Dehradun to Dehradun
A trek that is available almost throughout the year, Kedarkantha peak offers unparallel views of mighty peaks like Bandarpoonch, Kalanag and Swargarohini - all 6000 m and above.
- A trail going through the Govind National Park
- A trek to an altitude of 3850 metres
- Experience the local culture in the villages
- Low Batch Requirement: Guaranteed departure for even a 2-member group
- Road Transportation: All road transportation after the reporting point is included in the cost. Trekking group travels together comfortably.
Kedarkantha peak, situated in the mountains is a beautiful ridge peak; easily accessible any time of the year. The summit lies at an altitude of 3850 m. There, you will be greeted with views of peaks like the Swargarohini, Banderpooch, Black peak and Ranglana. For Kedarkantha, the summit is not the only thing which is rewarding. The trail goes through the Govind National Park, where you will get ample time to soak in the flora and fauna of this protected area. Kedarkantha is an all season trek. But if you are the one who likes to play in the snow, then winter will be your best option.
Day 1: Dehradun - Mori river campsite (210 km) | 7 hours drive
- You will start early in the morning from Dehradun and meet our guides/hosts.
- After 7 hours long drive reach Mori River campsite by evening.
- Later on, spend the night in tents at Mori.
- During this drive en route Mori, you will get a glimpse of the Govind National Park even before the trek. The terrain will be a bit rough but nevertheless beautiful.
Day 2: Mori River Campsite - Sankri – Trek to Juda ka Talab/Lake | 1-hour drive | 4 km trek (5-6 hours)
- On the second day after breakfast, you will start your drive to Sankri which will take an hour.
- After your arrival in Sankri, you will begin a trek towards Juda Talab.
- The path goes through Saud village and will be a gentle ascend. During the trek, witness the local lifestyle.
- This camping site is located near the Juda Lake and has excellent views and is one highlight of the trek. You will reach there by afternoon. There are green pastures nearby and the view towards Himachal is splendid.
Day 3: Juda ka Talab/Juda Lake to Kedarkantha meadow | 4 km trek | 4-5 hours
- This day's trek will be through the pine and oak trees to reach the open field below the summit.
- This camping site also has an excellent view. You will be staying overnight night in the serene campsite.
Day 4: Trek Kedarkantha peak and trek back to Sankri – Drive to Mori river campsite | 3-4 hours trek | 1-hour drive
- On the fourth day, you will start early in the morning post a nice warm breakfast and try to reach the summit to catch a glimpse of the sunrise.
- After that, you can take our time exploring the area and then head back to Sankri.
- Your trek ends at Sankri and now you will use the road to reach the Mori river campsite.
- You will be staying overnight in the camps.
Day 5: Mori river campsite - Dehradun (210 km) | 7 hours drive
- On the fifth and the final day after breakfast, you will be driven from Mori to Dehradun.
- It will be a 7 hours drive to Dehradun and you will be reaching there by the evening.
- Transportation as per the itinerary in a shared vehicle
- Transportation from Dehradun and back
- Service of experienced mountain guide & helper staff
- Tented accommodation during the trek - twin sharing basis
- Camping arrangement (tent, sleeping bag, camping mattress, camping stools, mess tent, toilet tent and First Aid)
- All meals (from dinner on day-1 to breakfast on day-5)
- Porter/Mule for carrying camping equipment & ration
- All permits and forest fees
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We keep our groups small for better over all experience. Typically our group size is between 6 to 10 trekkers. On few long weekends and holidays could see a group size of upto 15.
14 travellers found this helpful
Our tented accommodation is provided at twin sharing basis. The tents that we provide are best in class and are professional grade. You can read more about it here: http://www.vango.co.uk/gb/blog/15_vango-halo-300-technical-trekking-tent.html
10 travellers found this helpful
We serve delicious Indian vegetarian food and eggs during the trek.
8 travellers found this helpful
Ideally trekking shoes/boots with ankle support are needed for any trek in the Himalayan region. Quechua shoes available at Decathlon are a value for money option.
2 travellers found this helpful
Yes all published dates are final and departures are guaranteed. Even if that its just you, we will proceed with the trek.
12 travellers found this helpful
Toilet tents are set-up at the campsites. These are dry-pit temporary toilets and most hygienic as well as convenient way to answer nature’s call in the wild.
10 travellers found this helpful
You will receive good network up to the towns of Mussoorie, Rishikesh. Beyond these network is intermittent and quite weak. Please inform anxious family members in advance that you will be out of coverage area during this trek. There will be no electric charging points anywhere on the trek.
9 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 9660 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.