Kedarkantha Trek - Dehradun to Dehradun
A trek that is available almost throughout the year, Kedarkantha peak offers unparallel views of mighty peaks like Bandarpoonch, Kalanag and Swargarohini - all 6000 m and above.
- A trail going through the Govind National Park
- A trek to an altitude of 3850 metres
- Experience the local culture in the villages
- Low Batch Requirement: Guaranteed departure for even a 2-member group
- Road Transportation: All road transportation after the reporting point is included in the cost. Trekking group travels together comfortably.
Kedarkantha peak, situated in the mountains is a beautiful ridge peak; easily accessible any time of the year. The summit lies at an altitude of 3850 m. There, you will be greeted with views of peaks like the Swargarohini, Banderpooch, Black peak and Ranglana. For Kedarkantha, the summit is not the only thing which is rewarding. The trail goes through the Govind National Park, where you will get ample time to soak in the flora and fauna of this protected area. Kedarkantha is an all season trek. But if you are the one who likes to play in the snow, then winter will be your best option.
Day 1: Drive from Dehradun to Sankri (6,450 ft) (Drive of 8 hours)
- The hosts will arrange the transportation and they will meet you at Dehradun railway station to pick you for a long but scenic drive Sankri via Mussoorie, Purola, Mori, Netwar along the Tons River.
- On arrival set out camp for overnight stay.
Day 2: Trek from Sankri to Juda Ka Talab (9,000 ft) (Trek of 4 hours)
- After morning exercise you will have your breakfast and start the trek around 8 AM for your next camp Juda Ka Talab.
- You will be camping beside the small pond surrounded by Pine and Oak trees. One can have beautiful views of snow-clad peaks from Juda Ka Talab campsite.
Day 3: Trek from Juda Ka Talab to Kedarkantha Base (10,600 ft) (Trek of 4 hours)
- Get up early morning to see the golden glow of snow-clad peaks.
- Post breakfast start the trek to Kedarkantha Peak base which takes around 4 hours
- Enjoy hot lunch and explore the area.
Day 4: Trek from Kedarkantha Base to Kedarkantha Peak and back to Kedarkantha Base (12,500 ft) (Trek of 7-8 hours)
- Today is a long day of trekking up to the summit of Kedarkantha peak, have your lunch with amazing views of snow-clad peaks of Yamunotri and Gangotri ranges.
- After spending some quality time at the peak you trek back to the nearby camping site at the Kedarkantha Base.
Day 5: Trek from Kedarkantha Base to Sankri (Trek of 4-5 hours)
- Trek down from Kedarkantha Base to Sankri via Hargaon on the well-marked trail by stones.
- Trek down through the thick forest of Pine and Maple trees and at some places you will have open views of beautiful Har Ki Dun valley.
Day 6: Sankri to Dehradun Drive back
- Drive back from Sankri to Dehradun will take around 10 hours which is around 200km.
- Transportation as per the itinerary in a shared vehicle
- Transportation from Dehradun and back
- Service of experienced mountain guide & helper staff
- Tented accommodation during the trek - twin sharing basis
- Camping arrangement (tent, sleeping bag, camping mattress, camping stools, mess tent, toilet tent and First Aid)
- All meals (from dinner on day-1 to breakfast on day-6)
- Porter/Mule for carrying camping equipment & ration
- All permits and forest fees
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We keep our groups small for better over all experience. Typically our group size is between 6 to 10 trekkers. On few long weekends and holidays could see a group size of upto 15.
We serve delicious Indian vegetarian food and eggs during the trek.
Yes all published dates are final and departures are guaranteed. Even if that its just you, we will proceed with the trek.
Toilet tents are set-up at the campsites. These are dry-pit temporary toilets and most hygienic as well as convenient way to answer nature’s call in the wild.
You will receive good network up to the towns of Mussoorie, Rishikesh. Beyond these network is intermittent and quite weak. Please inform anxious family members in advance that you will be out of coverage area during this trek. There will be no electric charging points anywhere on the trek.
Ideally trekking shoes/boots with ankle support are needed for any trek in the Himalayan region. Quechua shoes available at Decathlon are a value for money option.
Our tented accommodation is provided at twin sharing basis. The tents that we provide are best in class and are professional grade. You can read more about it here: http://www.vango.co.uk/gb/blog/15_vango-halo-300-technical-trekking-tent.html
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 7250 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.