Kedarkantha Trek - Dehradun to Dehradun
A trek that is available almost throughout the year, Kedarkantha peak offers unparallel views of mighty peaks like Bandarpoonch, Kalanag and Swargarohini - all 6000 m and above.
- A trail going through the Govind National Park
- A trek to an altitude of 3850 metres
- Experience the local culture in the villages
- Low Batch Requirement: Guaranteed departure for even a 2-member group
- Road Transportation: All road transportation after the reporting point is included in the cost. Trekking group travels together comfortably.
Kedarkantha peak, situated in the mountains is a beautiful ridge peak; easily accessible any time of the year. The summit lies at an altitude of 3850 m. There, you will be greeted with views of peaks like the Swargarohini, Banderpooch, Black peak and Ranglana. For Kedarkantha, the summit is not the only thing which is rewarding. The trail goes through the Govind National Park, where you will get ample time to soak in the flora and fauna of this protected area. Kedarkantha is an all season trek. But if you are the one who likes to play in the snow, then winter will be your best option.
Day 1: Drive from Dehradun to Sankri (6,450 ft) (Drive of 8 hours)
- The hosts will arrange the transportation and they will meet you at Dehradun railway station to pick you for a long but scenic drive Sankri via Mussoorie, Purola, Mori, Netwar along the Tons River.
- On arrival set out camp for overnight stay.
Day 2: Trek from Sankri to Juda Ka Talab (9,000 ft) (Trek of 4 hours)
- After morning exercise you will have your breakfast and start the trek around 8 AM for your next camp Juda Ka Talab.
- You will be camping beside the small pond surrounded by Pine and Oak trees. One can have beautiful views of snow-clad peaks from Juda Ka Talab campsite.
Day 3: Trek from Juda Ka Talab to Kedarkantha Base (10,600 ft) (Trek of 4 hours)
- Get up early morning to see the golden glow of snow-clad peaks.
- Post breakfast start the trek to Kedarkantha Peak base which takes around 4 hours
- Enjoy hot lunch and explore the area.
Day 4: Trek from Kedarkantha Base to Kedarkantha Peak and back to Hargaon Camp (Trek of 7 hours)
- On day 4 you would be trekking to the Kedarkantha Peak from the base camp.
- Total hiking would be of around 1250 feet including the descend back to the Hargaon Camp which is situated at 8900 feet.
- In some parts of the trail, there is an oak forest, upon reaching the top the view is truly enchanting. There are a couple of small temples atop. Rest overnight in the Hargaon Camp.
Day 5: Trek back to Sankri and transfer to Dehradun (Trek of 4 hours)
- On the last day, you will descent down from 8900 feet to 6400 feet to Sankri, the trek is almost 6 KM and takes about 4 hours to complete.
- You reach Dehradun by road after short breaks for chai and snacks. The arrival to Dehradun marks the end of your trek.
- Transportation as per the itinerary in a shared vehicle
- Transportation from Dehradun and back
- Service of experienced mountain guide & helper staff
- Tented accommodation during the trek - twin sharing basis
- Camping arrangement (tent, sleeping bag, camping mattress, camping stools, mess tent, toilet tent, and First Aid)
- All meals (from dinner on day-1 to breakfast on day-5)
- Porter/Mule for carrying camping equipment & ration
- All permits and forest fees
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 6900 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.