Dharwa Top And Dodital Trek from Dehradun
Named after the rare Himalayan trout fish, Dodi Tal is an emerald lake nestled amidst the high mountains in the western part of the Uttarakhand
- Crystal clear lake and Himalayan trout.
- Visit lush meadows, green valleys of Asi Ganga Valley, Bhagirathi Valley and Yamuna Valley and thick forests.
- Arguably one of the most beautiful lake in the region, the trek serves as a great beginner's trek.
- Snowcapped Himalayan peaks: Bandarpunch peak and Swargarohini Peak.
- Low altitude trek with gorges, outstanding views, multiple hues.
- Experience amazing variation in scenery.
- Get glimpses of an ancient culture of local people.
Why Choose This?
- No Hidden Charges: All inclusive price with no hassle of paying on multiple occasions during the trip.
- Low Batch Requirement: Guaranteed departure for even a 2-member group.
- Small Convenient Batch size: The convenience of a small batch size for best service quality. Maximum of 12 members per group.
- Road Transportation: All road transportation after the reporting point is included in the cost. Trekking group travels together comfortably.
- Tented Accommodation: 2 people per tent throughout the trek. We use tents from international brand Vango Halo 300, weather tested beyond the European standard EN5912.
Dodi Tal is a famous lake in the western Garhwal Himalayas. It is popular among trekkers and many visit the lake from Hanuman Chatty side as well as from Barsu side via Dayara Bugyal. The serene and calm waters of the lake and the nearby Devi temple are a delight to photo enthusiasts and nature lovers. The Himalayan Trout or the Mahaseer can be seen in the lake. Since this part of the Himalayas lies below the great Himalayan range it is lush green with oak and rhododendron trees. The last 2-3 km approach to the lake is very exciting as the path traverses many mountain folds. There is a short hike to the Dharwa top from the lake which goes on to cross the range into the Yamuna valley and meets at Hanuman Chatti. The views of Draupadi ka danda, deonli and Srikanth peaks are magnificent from the Dodi top.
Day 1: Dehradun to Bhewra via Uttarkashi | 180 kms - 8 hrs drive and 2 hrs trek
Report at Dehradun by 6:30 am, we'll start early to reach our destination. The campsite at bhewra village is situated on the banks of the river assi ganga and is a 2 hr trek from Sangamchatti.We have breakfast and lunch en route and dinner at Deora in the campsite.
Day 2: Bhewra to Dodital | 8 hrs trek
Post breakfast we start our trek to Dodital via the village of Manjhi. This is a beautiful Himalayan village on mountain slopes with terraced farming. We reach dodital by evening and pitch tents near the lake. We walk through the dense oak, deodar and pine trees with plenty of birds to give the company.
Day 3: Dodital to Darwa Top & back | 4-5 hrs trek
Today we stay put at our campsite and do a small hike to Darwa top to capture the magnificent views from the Darwa top (3000 m). The evening can be lazily spent watching the ripples of the water in the lake and bird watching around the lake.
Day 4: Dodital to Bhewra Village | 8-9 hrs trek
We retrace our steps to Deora village. Although this time the walk will take less time; being downhill. Overnight in campsite at Bhewra village.
Day 5: Bhewra Village to Dehradun | 2 hours trek and 8 hours drive
We start early and reach Uttarkashi by 10 am. Post lunch we drive to Haridwar and reach by nightfall.
- Transportation as per the itinerary in shared vehicle
- Transportation from Dehradun and back
- Experience mountain guide & cook
- Tented accommodation during the trek - twin sharing basis
- Camping arrangement (tent, sleeping bag, camping mattress, mess tent and First Aid)
- All meals (from dinner on day-1 to breakfast on day-5)
- Porter/Mule for carrying camping equipment & ration
- All permits and forest fees
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We keep our groups small for better over all experience. Typically our group size is between 6 to 10 trekkers. On few long weekends and holidays could see a group size of upto 15.
14 travellers found this helpful
Our tented accommodation is provided at twin sharing basis. The tents that we provide are best in class and are professional grade. You can read more about it here: http://www.vango.co.uk/gb/blog/15_vango-halo-300-technical-trekking-tent.html
10 travellers found this helpful
We serve delicious Indian vegetarian food and eggs during the trek.
8 travellers found this helpful
Ideally trekking shoes/boots with ankle support are needed for any trek in the Himalayan region. Quechua shoes available at Decathlon are a value for money option.
2 travellers found this helpful
Yes all published dates are final and departures are guaranteed. Even if that its just you, we will proceed with the trek.
12 travellers found this helpful
Toilet tents are set-up at the campsites. These are dry-pit temporary toilets and most hygienic as well as convenient way to answer nature’s call in the wild.
10 travellers found this helpful
You will receive good network up to the towns of Mussoorie, Rishikesh. Beyond these network is intermittent and quite weak. Please inform anxious family members in advance that you will be out of coverage area during this trek. There will be no electric charging points anywhere on the trek.
9 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 12400 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.