Baratang Island, Limestone Cave and Mud Volcano Tour
Baratang island is a must visit place when you are visiting Andamans. Do not miss a chance to visit the serene island of Baratang along with mud volcano & limestone caves.
- Drive through Jarawa tribal areas with a chance of spotting few Jarawa tribals
- Boat ride through mangrove creeks and the visit to Limestone cave & Mud volcano
- Take a drive through a tropical rainforest.
- Experience the Baratang island journey in a private car with an experienced driver.
Visit Baratang island in the comfort of a private vehicle. Pick-up is arranged from your hotel and you are dropped back to your hotel or airport.
Enjoy the tropical climate with a boat ride through thick mangrove forest with mangrove canopies blocking sunlight. Ride to the Limestone caves in Baratang island is exciting as well as thrilling. Limestone cave is nothing short of an incredible piece of architecture by nature. 100 km by road from Port Blair – between south and middle Andaman, Baratang islands brings forth the tropical side of the Andamans. Mangroves, birds, caves, trekking, and local tribes. Its a must visit place if you are in Andamans.
- The tour begins for the guests with the pick-up from the hotel in Port Blair at 3:30 am in the early morning.
- The entry to the region is restricted by government authorities and only limited tourists are allowed at any given day.
- The drive to Baratang is through the dense forest including Jarawa tribal area and is very scenic.
- Cross the mangrove creek to reach the Baratang jetty, ferry ride to limestone caves starts here.
- From the boat drop point, it is a short up to 20-minute walk to the limestone caves. The caves are made up of the mineral calcite and has some very beautiful formation.
- The guests will have up to 20 to 30 minutes to spend at the caves before proceeding to the Mud Volcano.
- Drive to Mud Volcano by cab and witness the rare mud volcanos.
- After the visit to the volcanos, start the return journey to Port Blair.
- The guests will be dropped back to the hotel at end of the tour
- Pick-up and drop from your hotel in Port Blair
- Charges for the private air-conditioned cab
- Boat charges for visiting Baratang Island and Limestone Cave
- All permit charges
- Children below 3 years are not charged for the tour
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The route to Baratang Island passes through Jarwa Tribal areas where entry is restricted and allowed only in convoys four times a day from both sides. We need to join 6am or 9am convoys while going to come be able to back on same day. To make it to convoy start point we need to leave at 3.30am or 6.30am.
53 travellers found this helpful
Yes all government on forest department permits needed for this trip are arranged by us and included in package. We would take each passenger's details from you once online booking is confirmed.
60 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 1990 Per Person