Baratang Island, Limestone Cave and Mud Volcano Tour
Baratang Island is a must visit place when you are visiting Andaman Isands. Do not miss a chance to visit the serene island of Baratang along with mud volcano & limestone caves.
Baratang Island Tour Highlights:
- Drive through Jarawa tribal areas with a chance of spotting endangered members of the Jarawa tribe.
- Boat ride through mangrove creek waterways and the visit to Limestone cave
- Take an adventurous drive through the tropical rainforest and visit the Mud volcano
- Experience the Baratang island journey in a comfortable private car with an experienced driver.
Baratang Island Trip Detailed Overview
Visit Baratang Island in the comfort of a private vehicle. Pick-up is arranged from your hotel and you are dropped back to your hotel in Port Blair.
Baratang Island is about 90 kms by the Andaman Trunk Road from Port Blair and a gateway to North & Middle Andaman islands. Baratang Island is popular destination for its geological and natural wonders - mangrove creeks, mud volcanoes and the limestone caves. First we drive all the way to Oralkatcha Jetty (also called Nilambur Jetty) passing through Jarawa Tribe Reserve, and from there after ferry crossing, a boat takes us to the Lime Stone Caves. The entry to the region is restricted by government authorities and only limited tourists are allowed at any given day.
Once you reach Baratang you will notice mangrove forests on both sides of the strait and some offbeat beautiful beaches as well. Parrot Island is another tourist attraction nearby.
Enjoy the tropical climate with a boat ride through thick mangrove forest with mangrove canopies blocking sunlight. Ride to the Limestone caves in Baratang Island is exciting as well as thrilling. Limestone cave is nothing short of an incredible piece of architecture by nature. Travelling by road from Port Blair – between south and middle Andaman, Baratang islands brings forth the tropical side of the Andaman Islands. Mangroves, birds, caves, trekking, and one of the last surviving indigenous local tribes - It’s a must visit place if you are in Andaman and Nicobar Islands, India.
Baratang Island Day Trip Itinerary:
- The Baratang Island day tour begins for the guests with the pick-up from the hotel in Port Blair at 3:30 am in the early morning.
- The drive to Baratang Island is through the dense forest including Jarawa tribal area and is very scenic and adventurous.
- Cross the mangrove creek to reach the Baratang Jetty, boat ferry ride on to limestone caves starts here.
- From the boat drop point, it is a short 20-minute walk to the limestone caves. The caves are made up of the mineral calcite and have very beautiful natural formations.
- The guests will have up to 20 to 30 minutes to spend at the caves before proceeding back to Jetty and then to the Mud Volcano.
- Drive to Mud Volcano by cab and witness the rare mud volcanos.
- After the visit to the mud volcano, start the return road journey to Port Blair.
- Guests will be dropped back to the hotel at end of the tour
- Pick-up and drop-off from your hotel in Port Blair
- Charges for the private air-conditioned cab
- Boat charges for visiting Baratang Island and Limestone Cave
- All permit charges
- Children below 3 years are not charged for the tour
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The route to Baratang Island passes through Jarwa Tribal areas where entry is restricted and allowed only in convoys four times a day from both sides. We need to join 6am or 9am convoys while going to come be able to back on same day. To make it to convoy start point we need to leave at 3.30am or 6.30am. To cover Mud Volcano at Baratang, we need to leave at 3.30am only.
56 travellers found this helpful
Yes all government on forest department permits needed for this trip are arranged by us and included in package. We would take each passenger's details from you once online booking is confirmed.
63 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 1820 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.