Almora 2 Days Sightseeing Tour from Haldwani
Take a break to relish in the wilderness of this horseshoe-shaped beautiful hill station situated in the lap of Himalayan mountains.
- Enjoy spotting animals like leopard, black bear and deers at Deer Park.
- Visit places of historical importance such a Kalimath and Lakhudiyar.
- Visit temples of Nanda Devi and Golu Devta.
- Service of an experienced driver and a well-maintained car.
Almora, a horseshoe-shaped hill station is situated at an altitude of 1650 m above sea level, the town falls in the district of Almora easily accessible from different parts of the state as well as the national capital. The town is known for its rich cultural history and sometimes often called as the cultural capital of Kumaon. Unlike most of the hill resorts which were discovered by the Britishers, the hill station of Almora was discovered by the Chand Dynasty who ruled the town for a long time. Customs and traditions of the Chand Dynasty are still visible in the social life and infrastructure.
Day 1: Drive from Haldwani to Almora and Almora local sightseeing | Drive 90 KM / 3.5 Hours
- Your tour will begin with a pick up from your hotel/residence in Haldwani city limits.
- Post pick up you will be travelling for about 90 kilometres to Almora.
- Upon arrival, you may check-in to your hotel in Almora, after you have relaxed for a while you may choose to visit the following suggested places:
- Public Museum: Know by the name of Govind Vallabh Pant Public Museum, the museum is located near the bus stand has a vast collection of artefacts which are of great cultural, archaeological and historical significance.
- Nanda Devi Temple: One of the most important attractions in Almora, the temple is an ancient temple constructed more than a thousand years ago having beautifully carved walls. Nanda Devi festival is also celebrated in the town every year.
- Bright End Corner: Bright end corners is known for its breathtaking view of sunrise and sunsets. The place is ideal and must visit place in Almora, especially if you love photography.
- Post the day's tour you will be dropped back at your hotel in Almora city limits.
Day 2: Almora local sightseeing and drive back to Haldwani | Drive 90 KM / 3.5 Hours
- On the second day after you are all set for the day's sightseeing tour, you may choose to visit the following suggested places:
- Lakhudiyar: Situated on the bank of river Suyal, Lakhudiyar literally translates to one lakh caves. These caves are usually from the Stone age era. This pre-historic destination is a must visit if archaeology and history interest you.
- Deer Park: Deer Park located in Almora, you can visit and enjoy spotting deer in flocks. You can also spot animals like leopards and Black bears.
- Kalimath: Situated at a distance of 4.5 km from the Almora, the place provides a beautiful view of Almora town and adjacent places. You can also visit the temple of Kasar Devi which is one of the oldest temples in the region dating back to the 2nd century.
- Chitai Golu Devta Temple: One of the most important and famous temples in the town. Golu Devta is believed to be the incarnation of deity Shiva. People offer sacrifices of animals and bells to make their wishes come true.
- On completion of the tour, start your journey back to Haldwani and get dropped to your hotel/residence.
- Hotel pickup and drop within Haldwani city limits.
- Charges for the private air-conditioned cab.
- The driver and fuel charges.
- Usage of the vehicle for 400 kilometres as per the itinerary.
- All parking & toll charges.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 6330 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.