Auroville Guided Walking Tour
Take a 2-hour guided tour of Auroville, which is a cultural centre working towards strengthening humanity and mankind and where you can witness the mix of different cultures.
- Understand the thoughts and ideas of Sri Aurobindo and The Mother.
- Interact with the friendly locals who are from different parts of the world.
- Witness the mesmerising beauty of the golden globe of Matrimandir.
Auroville is an experimental township founded in 1968 by Mirra Alfassa, a spiritual associate of Sri Aurobindo, and it was aimed to bring all kinds of people together to strengthen humanity and harmonious living for a better world. Designed by architect Roger Anger, it is situated in Villupuram District, 15 kilometres north from Pondicherry. Matrimandir, a temple located in the heart of the township, is a huge beaming sphere enclosed with gold. Bordered by a beautiful park, the central dome is utilized for meditation purposes. An estimated 2200 people are residing in the township, belonging to 43 diverse nations.
- You are requested to report at Auroville visitor's centre by 9:00 AM or 2:00 PM as per your convenience.
- Meet your guide of the day here and have a quick briefing session on the walk and start the tour.
- You will be visiting the art and cultural centre showcasing the various arts and crafts.
- At Auroville people from different countries live and this place is known as the universal city in the making in South-India, dedicated to the ideal of human unity based on the vision of Sri Aurobindo and The Mother
- Visit Savitri Bhavan a centre dedicated to fostering a living sense of Human unity through spiritual education.
- Next stop would be Matrimandir viewpoint, where you can witness the golden globe a centre of attraction of Auroville.
- Listen to the stories of Aurobindo and The Mother, based on whose thoughts Matrimandir was built.
- You will also visit cafes, small stores within Auroville and get a chance to speak to the owners.
- After the visit, you will be ending the tour at Auroville visitor's centre.
- Any hotel pick up or drop off.
- Any expenses of personal nature.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- The tour involves a moderate amount of walking.
- All guests are requested to wear comfortable walking shoes, sunglasses/sunscreen, umbrella, hats or scarf and camera if interested in photography.
- Children below 5 years of age (accompanied by an adult) are not charged for the tour.
- Children aged between 5 to below 12 years will be charged half the adult price.
- The guests are requested to bring the following during the tour - Water bottle, camera and its accessories to you enjoy photography, sunglasses, sunscreen and umbrella (in case of rainy season or summers).
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
- Auroville Visitor Information Centre.
- The local person's contact details will be shared in the booking voucher which is sent via email.
₹ 1450 Per Person
Similar Exciting Activities
Also viewed by other travellers
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.