Chidambaram and Pichavaram Day Tour from Chennai
Take a day trip to Chidambaram which has an ancient temple and Pichavaram mangrove forest from Chennai.
- Visit the significant 10th-century temple of Natarajar in Chidambaram.
- Experience the lush green mangroves of Pichavaram, where you may opt to take a boat ride.
- Hassle-free experience with an experienced driver.
With its many temples and rich religious heritage, Chidambaram is an important pilgrimage site for Shaivites and Vaishnavite. It is a significant city in the Cuddalore district. Temple viewing and pilgrimage are the main activities for visitors to the city. A visit to the mangrove forests of Pichavaram is also a popular activity.
- The driver will pick you from the hotel/residence in the Chennai city limits at the time slot selected (we recommend you to start early).
- You will be driven towards Chidambaram which is approximately 215 KM from Chennai and might take you 5 hours to reach Chidambaram.
- After your arrival, visit the famous Thillai Natarajar temple, it is one of the ancient temples of Tamil Nadu which is dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- The roof of the sanctum sanctorum is covered with gold plates. Bharathanatyam dance gestures can be seen on the eastern tower as well as on the western tower.
- Take a break and have lunch at a local restaurant.
- Post lunch you will be driven towards Pichavaram mangrove forest and you can take a boat ride there.
- After the tour, drive back to Chennai which would take almost 5 hours to reach and you will be dropped back to the hotel/residence in Chennai.
- This is not a guided tour, the driver will not be the guide for the tour.
- This is an outstation tour hence the vehicle can not be used for the local city tour.
- Hotel pickup and drop (within city limits).
- Charges for the private air-conditioned cab.
- The driver and fuel charges.
- 500 KM of usage (Extra kilometre charges will be applicable after the limit, please refer Important Information Section for details).
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have two options Sedans & bigger SUVs. In Sedans we provide Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios mostly, sometimes it could be Nissan Sunny. In SUVs we provide Toyotta Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga. You can request a particular model while booking in \'Special Request\' and we try to provide it however you can not pick and choose exact car models. We operate only AC vehicles and hatchbacks are not available.
Yes, all sightseeing tours need to be booked in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest booking early to guarantee your desired tour day. Bookings are completely online and you can book on Website or Mobile app.
The itinerary mentioned on these private tours are a suggestion for your destination. You are free to skip or add other points. Let your personal driver know if you want to visit other places.
As this is a private tour, you are free to spend as much time you seem fit on each attraction. Some landmarks are more time-consuming than others and you can decide where to spend how much time. Just keep in mind the hourly usage included in your Tour, extra charges would apply if that limit is exceeded. Also night charges apply if you cross night time, please check Inclusions/Exclusions/Important Info for details.
You need to book online from this page. We accept only online bookings. Booking is confirmed instantly through SMS and Email. Driver & Cab details are sent on SMS/Email 3-6 hours before pick-up time.
No. All our tours are private and exclusively for your family or group.
If you wish to have an English driver who would drive you around the tour or drop you from one place to another, please mention the same in the Special Request section while booking. Any request would be taken into consideration and we will try arranging the same, although it\'s not a 100% Guarantee.
No these are purely sightseeing tours and we do not do provide stay/accommodation or do Hotel bookings on for you as part of these tours. For Multi-day sightseeing tours, you need to book your hotels yourself.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 6400 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.