Cultural Experience of Sri Lanka in 7 Days
In this 7 day tour, explore the natural wonders of Sigirya, the historical site of Kandy, sandy beaches of Negambo and enjoy the local flavours of Sri Lanka.
- Climb the Rock Fortress of Sigirya which is known as 8th Wonder of the World.
- Discover the temple of the tooth relic of Budha in Kandy.
- Relax in the white sand beaches of Trincomalee and Pasikudha.
- Hassle-free tour with airport pick up and drop.
On this 7-day excursion, you will experience a cultural tour where you will begin your travel from Colombo, thereafter continue to Sigiriya to climb the 8th Wonder of the World, Sigiriya, view the Tooth Relic of Lord Buddha in Kandy, and end up in Negombo known as “Little Rome”. These destinations will give you the opportunity to experience nature and ancient culture, which has been in existence in Sri Lanka for many decades.
Day 1: Arrive at Colombo and transfers to the hotel
- Arrive at Bandaranaike International airport Colombo at your preferred time and meet the representative.
- After a short meet and greet you will be transferred to the pre-booked hotel in the bustling city of Colombo.
- Depending on the arrival time, you can take a city tour by visiting the Colombo Lotus Tower, Shri Ponnambalawaneswaram Kovil and Viharamahadevi Park in Colombo
- You will be dropped back to the hotel later to end the day.
Day 2: Drive from Colombo to Sigirya and village tour at Galewala
- Wake up to the charming weather of Colombo and have breakfast at the hotel.
- Check out from the hotel and proceed to Sigiriya which is approximately 175 KM from Colombo and it might take four and a half hours to reach.
- On the way, you can enjoy village tour in Galewala and get a chance to enjoy a Tuk Tuk ride, bullock cart and catamaran ride.
- After an authentic Sri Lankan lunch with a chilled beer involve yourself in a cooking demonstration, where you can learn and cook local rice and curry.
- After that, proceed towards Sigiriya and check in to the hotel in Sigiriya.
- Relax at the hotel and you will also get a complimentary dinner at the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 3: Explore Sigirya Rock Fortress and Pidurangala rock
- Your tour will begin after your breakfast and today you will be exploring Sigiriya Rock Fortress which is considered as one of Sri Lanka's hotspots.
- This was formed by the lava of a wiped out spring of gushing lava, it stands at 200 meters in height, surrounded by wilderness.
- This is also called as 8th Wonder of the World by locals and it easily takes 2-3 hours to climb.
- Thereafter proceed to Pidurangala rock, where you can enjoy a hike and this is also one of the popular places.
- Enjoy a panoramic view and capture some lifetime worthy images and later spend your day at leisure.
- Have a complimentary dinner at the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 4: Journey to Passikudah and leisure day
- Have your breakfast and start your journey to Passikudah which is approximately 125 KM which might take 3 hours to reach.
- Passikudah is also known as the green algae bay.
- You can enjoy a wide sandy beach under the hot tropical sun and surf, swim or just frolic in the water and spend the day at leisure.
- Check-in at the hotel for an overnight stay at Passikudah.
Day 5: Travel to Kandy and visit Tooth Relic temple
- On this 5th day, check out from the hotel after breakfast and you will be travelling to Kandy, which is home to tea plantations.
- Kandy is about 200 KM approximately from Passikdah and might take 4-5 hours to reach.
- Enjoy your lunch and check-in at the hotel and in the evening visit the temple of the Tooth Relic of Lord Budha. The temple is located in the royal palace complex of the former kingdom of Kandy.
- You can also enjoy a walk by the Kandy lake and later visit the batik factory and view some interesting wood carvings.
- Late in the evening, proceed to Kandyan cultural dance show and get transferred to the hotel in the end.
Day 6: Travel to Negombo and explore local beaches
- In the morning, check out from the hotel to leave to Negombo which is known as the Little Rome of Sri Lanka
- Negombo is about 105 Km from Kandy and might take 3 hours to reach.
- You can visit the beaches which are considered to be very safe and here fishing is carried by locals.
- You can also go for shopping and you can explore the streets which has fab restaurants and pubs, you can enjoy the day with the locals.
- Check in to the hotel to rest for the day.
Day 7: Check out, departure and airport drop
- Today is your last day of the tour, wake up and have breakfast at the hotel.
- If time permits visit the Lellama, which has a legendary fish market and know the story of people engaged in their daily routine.
- Depending on your departure flight time check out from the hotel and you will be dropped back to the airport.
- Bid goodbye with a lot of cherished memories and unforgettable vacation.
- Accommodation on sharing.
- English speaking chauffeur guide.
- All transfers in an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- Airport transfers.
- Village tour (Tuk Tuk ride + cooking demonstration + lunch & a local beer).
- Mobile sim cards provided on request.
- Water bottles.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 30 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 14 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 91694.84 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.