Experience Sri Lanka in 7 Days
In this 7 days tour of Sri Lanka, explore the enchanting locations of Colombo, Nuwara Eliya, Sigiriya, Kandy and other enchanting places. A perfect mix of heritage, culture, relaxation and nature of Sri Lanka in this 7 days trip.
- Enjoy a village tour with a cooking demonstration at Galewala.
- Witness the Tooth Relic temple at Kandy.
- Climb the rock fortress of Sigirya which is called the 8th Wonder of the World.
- Enjoy a scenic train journey from Kandy to Nuwara Eliya which passes through tea plantations, tunnels and many beautiful landscapes.
Your hosts warmly welcome you to the ancient Sri Lankan tour of 7 days where you will get a chance to visit and experience some of the most famous destinations of the country. Begin your travel from Colombo, thereafter continue your journey enjoying a cooking demonstration with the smell of authentic food while learning to cook local rice and curry. Climb Lion’s rock fortress and the enormous rock located a few kilometres north of Sigiriya. Encounter the Kandyan cultural dance show, a train journey and end up your tour in Little Rome of Sri Lanka.
Day 1: Arrive at Colombo and transfers to the hotel
- Arrive at Bandaranaike International airport Colombo at your preferred time and meet the representative.
- After a short meet and greet you will be transferred to the pre-booked hotel in the bustling city of Colombo.
- Depending on the arrival time, you can take a city tour by visiting the Colombo Lotus Tower, Shri Ponnambalawaneswaram Kovil and Viharamahadevi Park in Colombo
- You will be dropped back to the hotel later to end the day.
Day 2: Drive from Colombo to Sigirya and village tour at Galewala
- Wake up to the charming weather of Colombo and have breakfast at the hotel
- Check out from the hotel and proceed to Sigiriya which is approximately 175 KM from Colombo and it might take four and a half hours to reach.
- On the way, you can enjoy village tour in Galewala and get a chance to enjoy a Tuk Tuk ride, bullock cart and catamaran ride.
- After an authentic Sri Lankan lunch with a chilled beer involve yourself in a cooking demonstration, where you can learn and cook local rice and curry.
- After that, proceed towards Sigiriya and check in to the hotel in Sigiriya.
- Relax at the hotel, you will also get a complimentary dinner at the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 3: Explore Sigirya Rock Fortress and Pidurangala rock
- Your tour will begin after your breakfast and on the third day, you will be exploring Sigiriya Rock Fortress which is considered as one of Sri Lanka's hotspots.
- This was formed by the lava of a wiped out spring of gushing lava, it stands at 200 meters in height, surrounded by wilderness.
- This is also called the 8th Wonder of the World by the locals and it easily takes 2-3 hours to climb.
- Thereafter proceed to Pidurangala rock, where you can enjoy a hike and this is also one of the popular places.
- Enjoy a panoramic view and capture some lifetime worthy images and later spend your day at leisure.
- Have a complimentary dinner at the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 4: Travel to Kandy and visit Tooth Relic temple
- On the 4th day, check out from the hotel after breakfast and you will be travelling to Kandy, which is home to tea plantations.
- Kandy is about 200 KM approximately from Passikdah and might take 4-5 hours to reach.
- Enjoy your lunch and check-in at the hotel and in the evening visit the temple of the Tooth Relic of Lord Budha. The temple is located in the royal palace complex of the former kingdom of Kandy.
- You can also enjoy a walk by the Kandy lake and later visit the batik factory and view some interesting wood carvings.
- Late in the evening, proceed to Kandyan cultural dance show and get transferred to the hotel in the end.
Day 5: Journey to Nuwara Eliya and enjoy a thrilling train journey
- Wake up to the cherishing weather of Kandy, have breakfast and check out from the hotel.
- Take a journey to Nuwara Eliya by train (subjected to availability) which is one of the most scenic train journeys from Kandy which would take 3 hours.
- The train passes through lush green tea estates, tunnels, farming fields, villages and forests.
- Nuwara Eliya is considered to be the most important location for tea production in Sri Lanka and once you arrive here, you can take a city tour.
- Visit one of the oldest post offices of Sri Lanka, golf club and lake Gregory for an evening walk.
- Later, check in to the hotel for an overnight stay at Nuwara Eliya.
Day 6: Travel to Negombo from Nuwara Eliya
- Your tour will start after breakfast, check out from the hotel and continue towards Negombo.
- On the way, you can visit Surathura Spice Garden to witness the spices which are very imperative to Asian cuisine.
- Proceed to Millennium Elephant Foundation, enjoy your lunch on your way to Negombo.
- Check-in at the hotel and spend some time shopping and get back to the hotel to relax and for an overnight stay.
Day 7: Departure and airport drop
- Day 7 would be the last day, wake up and have breakfast to check out from the hotel.
- Depending on your flight timings, you will be dropped to the airport.
- End the trip with all cherished memories and enchanting stories of Sri Lanka.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis.
- English speaking chauffeur guide.
- Meals (6 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 dinners).
- Transport (Air-conditioned private vehicle, Tuk Tuk, Scenic train).
- Airport transfers.
- Village tour (Tuk Tuk ride + cooking demonstration + lunch & a local beer).
- Scenic train journey.
- Mobile sim cards provided on request.
- Water bottles.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 30 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 14 days
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 103985.9 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.