Galle Sightseeing, Balapitiya River Safari and Kosgoda Nature Tour
Starting from Colombo, explore Galle and other must see places along the west coast of Srilanka in this one day tour.
Admire the remarkable architecture at the Lunuganga Estate which was once the home of lawyer turned architect Sir Geoffrey Bawa. This estate was his country home where he also practised his architecture and interior design. Parts of this estate were later converted to a hotel. It has well designed gardens and a tranquil atmosphere. Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery is a must visit place where you can come across different species of turtles. Here you can also get to hold these baby turtles and also feed them.Head to the coastal town of Sri Lanka, Balapitiya lying within dense forest. Thanks to the lagoon created by the Madu River this place is rich in biodiversity and the place is a real treat to the eye. Drift away along the river through the thick mangrove forest. Visit the Buddhist Monastery located on one of the island of the Madu River which is famous for cinnamon harvesting. If you are up for it try the relaxing fish massage at a nearby massage palour in the middle of the river.
- Experience a lovely Cruise along the Madu River on a Motorboat and enjoy the River scenery
- Visit the Kosgoda Sea Turtle Hatchery and see baby turtles
- Visit Galle Fort - one of the best preserved colonial forts in Asia
- 7:30am: Depart from your Colombo Hotel
- 9:30am: Visit the Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery
- 10:30am: Arrive at Madu river for River Safari
- 1:00pm: Have lunch at a place of your choice (at own expense)
- 2:00pm: Drive to Galle after lunch
- 3:00pm: Arrive at Galle - the old colonial city
- 3:00-5:00pm: Visit the Galle Fort which is one of the best preserved forts in Asia. Visit the Maritime Museum, Galle National Museum and the lighthouse
- 5:00pm: Depart from Galle
- 7:30pm approx: Arrive at Colombo Hotel
- Entrance fees to Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery
- Boat Safari at Madu River
- Service of an English Speaking Chauffeur Guide
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off
- Transportation by Air-Condition fully insured vehicles (Sedan Car or Van)
- All Parking and Highway Toll charges where applicable
- 1 Bottled Water
- Video and Camera Permits
- Lunch, any other Meals and Drinks
- Expenses of personal nature
- Gratuities (optional)
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned in Inclusions
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- You will receive complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, in your Booking Confirmation Voucher
- Pick-up available from Colombo city limits only
- A moderate amount of walking is involved at the each location
- Child Ticket: Age 5-11 Years
- Children aged 4 and younger are complimentary
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
- Meet & Greet your friendly driver at your Hotel lobby in Colombo
- Operator will be in contact with you to coordinate the pick up time.
- The driver will pick you up directly from your hotel or specified pick up point. Please enter the pick up location at the checkout page
₹ 48 Per Person
Similar Exciting Activities
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.