Chopta Chandrashila Summit Trek (with Rafting in Rishikesh)
3 Nights/4 Days
Chopta Chandrashila Summit trek is a beautiful trek, with difficulty level rated as easy to moderate. The trek passes through forests and vast meadows, and offers excellent views of snow clad Himalayas. Located on the Chandranath Parbat in the Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand, Tungnath is one of the sacred Panch Kedar. It is the highest temple of Lord Shiva perched at an astounding elevation of 3,680mts above sea level. Magnificent in its architecture and artistic structure, Tungnath Temple is considered to be more than 1000 years old.
The symbolic image of Lord Shiva is moved to Mukunath during winters, situated 19kms away. The trek goes through rocky terrains, green meadows and rhododendron bushes showering us with visual vistas of nature. The invigorating views of the imposing Himalayas boosts with confidence in the heart of the trekkers. Another 1.5 km steep trek take you to Chandrashila summit which offers a majestic view of snow clad Himalayan peaks including Trishul, Nanda Devi, Chaukhamba.
Duration: 4 Days
Max Altitude: 3600 mts (Chandrashila)
Day 1:- Haridwar to Sari Drive (6 hrs) & Trek to Deoriatal (2438 mts) 2hrs
You will, for most part of the journey drive along the Ganga & Alaknanda River before turning into the Mandakini valley. Enroute you will be crossing the holy towns of Rishikesh, Devprayag and Rudraprayag. Trek to Deoriatal is a gradual uphill all the way up to the beautiful lake of Deoriatal. This is a fine place for photography and bird watching. Dont miss the sunset & sunrise view of the Chaukhamba peak. Watch the magnificient reflection in the lake. Deoriatal is a 700m diameter lake at 2438m elevation and presents a mesmerizing view at the top of a mountain. Deoriatal tal is surrounded by dense temperate forest Kedarnath wild life sanctuary and greater Himalaya seems just in hand distance.
Day 2:- Deoriatal (2438m) to Chopta (3000m) Trek 6-7 hrs
Today you will encounter a mixed forest having oaks, pines, rhododendrons and a few more local varieties throughout the day. Also we start getting views of other snow-capped Himalayan peaks.
Chopta - Widespread meadows of about 50 km. Gangotri greater Himalayan range just In front of you. The evergreen forest of Chopta seems different in every season. In spring the jungle of Chopta seems reddish because of Rhododendron flowers abundance. In summer and monsoon season denseness of the Chopta forest remains in its extreme, then winter comes to cover the Chopta jungle with white sheet of snow. Chopta receives 1 to 10 feet snow in every snowfall season, which remains till December to March.
Day 3:- Chopta – Tungnath (3400m) – Chandrashila peak (3600m) - Chopta (6 hrs trek)
Today the climb is demanding but short and extremely scenic. It will take about 02 hours to reach Tungnath temple. Religious or non-religious does not matter; just sit by yourself for a few minutes in the courtyard of the temple with eyes closed you will feel the positive vibrations! After a brief stop for refreshments and rest carry on with your climb to reach the summit of Chandrashila peak at about 3600m. From the summit on one side you see the Kedar, Chaukhamba and many other famous peaks which seem like a stone’s throw distance. Another side offers a layered view of the blue Himalayan mountains. It feels like being in heaven. One can sight golden breasted eagles in this area. Start walking down to the base camp at Chopta.
Day 4:- Chopta – Haridwar Drive/170 kms 5 hrs / Rafting at Rishikesh / Drive to Haridwar
Rafting session at Rishikesh. Drive from Rishikesh to Haridwar. Trip ends here.
- Transport from Haridwar and return
- All trek related charges
- Accommodation in Camps/Tents
- Meals while on trek (Veg.) (Egg)
- Trek equipments.
- Permits & Forest charges
- First aid medical kits and oxygen cylinder
- Qualified & experienced Professional trek Leader, Guide and Support staff
- One round of Rafting at Rishikesh
- Any camera fees
- All food & beverages costs apart from the ones mentioned above
- Any personal expenditure (Toiletries, medicines, etc.)
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head "Cost Includes".
Max Altitude: 3600 mts (Chandrashilla)
Best Season: All Season
Days are going to be sunny and warm while the night temperature at the highest campsite would be in the range of 0-8 °C. In the post monsoon season the days are sunny with temperatures hovering around (12-20 °C) and the evenings start getting cold with the onset of October and nights are comparatively colder (-2 to 8 °C).
- 75% of the total amount paid will be refunded if the travel plan is cancelled by the customer 60 days or more prior to the date of commencement of travel.
- 50% of the total amount paid will be refunded if the travel plan is cancelled by the customer 30 days or more prior to the date of commencement of travel.
- 25% of the total amount paid will be refunded if the travel plan is cancelled by the customer 15 days or more prior to the date of commencement of travel.
- No money shall be refunded in case of cancellation of travel plan less than 15 days prior to the date of commencement of travel.