Lonar Crater Guided Day Tour from Aurangabad
Embark a journey to explore a notified National Geo-heritage Site with a certified guide. Located around 130 KM from the city of Aurangabad, Lonar Crater can be reached in a 3 hours drive.
- An ideal outing to visit the third largest saltwater lake in the world.
- You will be at one of the four known, hyper-velocity, impact craters in basaltic rock anywhere on Earth.
- Service of a certified guide and an experienced driver and a well-maintained car.
Lonar Lake, also known as Lonar crater, is a notified National Geo-heritage Monument, saline, soda lake, located at Lonar in Buldhana district, Maharashtra. Lonar Lake was created by a meteor impact during the Pleistocene Epoch. It is one of the four known, hyper-velocity, impact craters in basaltic rock anywhere on Earth. The other three basaltic impact structures are in southern Brazil. Lonar Lake has a mean diameter of 1.2 kilometres (3,900 ft) and is about 137 meters (449 ft) below the crater rim. The meteor crater rim is about 1.8 kilometres (5,900 ft) in diameter.
Lonar Crater sits inside the Deccan Plateau—a massive plain of volcanic basalt rock created by eruptions some 65 million years ago. Its location in this basalt field suggested to some geologists that it was a volcanic crater. Today, however, Lonar Crater is understood to be the result of a meteorite impact that occurred between 35,000 and 50,000 years ago. The water in the lake is both saline and alkaline.
- Your tour will begin with a morning pick-up from your hotel/residence in Aurangabad city limits.
- Post a short meet and greet with your guide, you will be driven to Lonar Crater. Once at the lake, spend your time exploring the lake and its surrounding areas.
- Your guide will take you on a trail around the lake and the adjoining village while educating you on the history of the place. Some of the spots that will be covered during your tour are:
- Lonar lake
- Gomukh Temple
- Motha Hanuman Mandir
- Ambar Lake
- Temple Point (Ram Mandir)
- King's Seat
- Daitya Sudan Mandir
- For those with an interest in wildlife, the monitor lizard is reported to be prominent in the area. One can also spot peafowls, gazelles, black-winged stilts, brahminy ducks, grebes, shelducks, red-wattled lapwings, parakeets, robins, wild boars and many more.
- After the completion of the tour, you will be driven back to Aurangabad and be dropped at your hotel/residence in city limits.
- Residence/Hotel pickup and drop (within city limits).
- Charges for the private air-conditioned cab.
- The driver and fuel charges.
- Monument entrance charges.
- Guide charges at Lonar Crater.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 1650 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.